Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:39 am I thought it might be The Glue because it was the one everybody was using for a long time. I just got the bx_townhouse and will compare it to the UAD SSL MK2 tonight.
Interested in what your conclusions are.

Did a little testing yesterday between those two and to me they sound very different from another, but in that way both give you something where (depending on the track) one might work better than the other:

Townhouse is less pumping, more forgiving, "thicker" adds more bass, sounds wider / more spacious and doesn't bring the highs / high mids upfront as the UAD (or every real?) SSL Bus Compressor does.

UAD Bus Compressor MK 2 is more pumping, more "peaky" /snappy, emphasizes the highs and high mids.

On extreme settings I found the Townhouse doesn't break up as much as the UAD SSL does, but I usually don't use any extreme settings, as I use it on the Masterbus with usually around 2-4db of gain reduction, Ratio 4:1, Attack: 3 or 10, Release: .3 or .6. Genre is Techhouse / Trap music.

So to me there isn't one particular better, those two are just different and you have to choose, what fits the track you are working on better.

Le me know if you have a different perception about this 2 compressors. :)
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:08 am Did a little testing yesterday between those two and to me they sound very different from another, but in that way both give you something where (depending on the track) one might work better than the other:

Townhouse is less pumping, more forgiving, "thicker" adds more bass, sounds wider / more spacious and doesn't bring the highs / high mids upfront as the UAD (or every real?) SSL Bus Compressor does.

UAD Bus Compressor MK 2 is more pumping, more "peaky" /snappy, emphasizes the highs and high mids.

On extreme settings I found the Townhouse doesn't break up as much as the UAD SSL does, but I usually don't use any extreme settings, as I use it on the Masterbus with usually around 2-4db of gain reduction, Ratio 4:1, Attack: 3 or 10, Release: .3 or .6. Genre is Techhouse / Trap music.
You're spot-on in every regard. The Townhouse holds together so much better, it's not even a contest in that regard. I also agree with you about the thickness and lack of highs/high mids, it sounds great on the drum buss but I doubt I'll ever use it on the main buss. That's not to say I'd use the UAD over it, I'd probably just use another compressor altogether.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:50 am
adl wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:08 am Did a little testing yesterday between those two and to me they sound very different from another, but in that way both give you something where (depending on the track) one might work better than the other:

You're spot-on in every regard. The Townhouse holds together so much better, it's not even a contest in that regard. I also agree with you about the thickness and lack of highs/high mids, it sounds great on the drum buss but I doubt I'll ever use it on the main buss. That's not to say I'd use the UAD over it, I'd probably just use another compressor altogether.
Glad you feel the same way. :P
I also own the UAD API 2500 and use it every now and then on the Masterbus. Also TDR Kotelnikov compressor is used in every track on the Masterbus for just a light 1 - 1,5 dB of compression. We got so many choices nowadays, it's a great time for working in the box.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

I went to the Wusik site and played their discount code scratch game and received an 80% off code.
Full versions of Wusik One & Wusik Station V10 (Preorder) for $21.98 in total was hard to pass on especially as they come with an interesting library.

BTW - inside one week time, I noticed in some of these sites (Kvr, Geaslutz, developer ad etc.) announcement of a sampled vintage celeste. Can´t find it anymore, if you recall it, please include the link.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:54 pm BTW - inside one week time, I noticed in some of these sites (Kvr, Geaslutz, developer ad etc.) announcement of a sampled vintage celeste. Can´t find it anymore, if you recall it, please include the link.
https://www.michaelpichermusic.com/franks-celestette

CHOOS wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:23 pm thanks.
i have bought someting in the past but didn't get a voucher emailed
Same here. I decided not to press it. I've got enough plugins and not having an voucher removes the temptation to get more of their stuff and I rarely use it. That has nothing to do with their quality but now having so many plugins it gets overwhelming.

Etienne1973 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:58 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:54 pm BTW - inside one week time, I noticed in some of these sites (Kvr, Geaslutz, developer ad etc.) announcement of a sampled vintage celeste. Can´t find it anymore, if you recall it, please include the link.
https://www.michaelpichermusic.com/franks-celestette
Thank you, but It was a full size celeste, not a celestette.

Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:50 am For just $49.99, get Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion by Impact Soundworks!

This exquisite symphonic collection for KONTAKT features a comprehensive collection of 50 traditional & extended percussive instruments recorded through three mic positions.

With a clean, focused character that is not clinically dry OR overly ‘epic’, Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion is highly flexible for everything from small ensemble scoring and intimate cues to dramatic & bombastic.

No other percussion library is as extensive AND affordable!

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals/rhapsody-orch ... oundworks/

Deal ends: March 3rd
Great stuff from ImpactSoundworks, love their percussion.

agharta wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:47 pmI went to the Wusik site and played their discount code scratch game and received an 80% off code.
Full versions of Wusik One & Wusik Station V10 (Preorder) for $21.98 in total was hard to pass on especially as they come with an interesting library.
I'm glad you are happy with the new S&W idea. :cool: :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK

For these companies that have such frequent/semi-regular sales that so often run at 50% or more...

Does anyone think that a second hand purchase of them should be any more than half of those regular "sale" prices?

BBFG# wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:05 pm For these companies that have such frequent/semi-regular sales that so often run at 50% or more...

Does anyone think that a second hand purchase of them should be any more than half of those regular "sale" prices?
My rule of thumb is 2nd hand price should be around the lowest sale price. Slightly lower if sale is often, slightly higher if sale is rare.

Ofc, sellers are free to set prices as they want. This is just the price range where I will consider buying.

shidostrife wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:16 pm
BBFG# wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:05 pm For these companies that have such frequent/semi-regular sales that so often run at 50% or more...

My rule of thumb is 2nd hand price should be around the lowest sale price. Slightly lower if sale is often, slightly higher if sale is rare.

Ofc, sellers are free to set prices as they want. This is just the price range where I will consider buying.
I agree.
This is just my opinion, but I think Waves continuous discounts has certainly had an impact on some plugin vendors (and the market in general) who are now also doing major "sales" or best sale ever more often (i.e. Plugin Alliance, McDSP, etc...). As a whole, I think it will also reduce the 2nd hand market price further for the same reason.

Waves were the ones who kicked off the $29 craze - and I am happy for Plugin Alliance to follow suit.

Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:41 am
Feelshallright wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:48 am
Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:35 am APD Valentine's Special!
We hope you love surprises because there's a pleasant surprise waiting in your rewards wallet!

To celebrate the, we have added an extra $20 to your rewards wallet which you can use to purchase any product in The Shop.

Don't have an APD account? Create an account and instantly receive $20 in your rewards wallet which you can immediately use for any purchase you make in The Shop!

And just for today, you will earn an additional 2x in rewards for any product you purchase today on The Deals or in The Shop. So hurry and get shopping now!
Good timing, I was just looking at some items in their shop, and with the 20$ extra credit, I might have enough money in my account to buy a library at their bottom price.
Great! Hope you got what you wanted? :)
Yes, thanks!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”