Fragile Gods - "Cold Comfort" (four track EP released)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In The Mix wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:34 pm Good work Frantz. I would've liked for the drums to stop for contrast for little bit. It sounds great nonetheless.
Stopping the drums could have been a nice change. Thanks for listening to this I.T.M. :)

Bombadil wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:17 pm Very well done. Sorry, you sound like Bowie. I wish I did. :P
You are right, there are worse problems to have. Thanks for your comment. :)

I thought I had listened to this and commented a couple of months ago. I was not completely mistaken :wink:

I think the overall sound certainly has more than a hint of The Human League about it, especially with the boy/girl vocal pairing and the song certainly has bags of '80s nostalgia value for me. My favourite part is the chorus when the extra synths underpin the vocals, giving the song extra adrenalin and impetus, and in the right place.

I couldn't hear any issues with the mix during the chorus, but I'm listening to the updated version now. I didn't notice anything amiss in December either.

Good work :)

] Peter:H [ wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:53 pm Nice...
Only thing I would recommend: The parts where the voices are doubled they somehow create some resonances. Probably they only some EQ...or panning like one voice left, other right.
I always appreciate your feedback Peter. At this point, the Cold Comfort EP has been released and so the mix is done for better or worse.

It is available in the usual places: Image

folderol wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:20 am This works just fine for me (including the Vid). Very 80s but I don't see it as particularly Bowie-like.
Thanks for your comments on the music and video. Yes, I am frozen in 80s amber. I guess Bowie is in the eye of the beholder? :)

Frantz wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:10 am
folderol wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:20 am This works just fine for me (including the Vid). Very 80s but I don't see it as particularly Bowie-like.
Thanks for your comments on the music and video. Yes, I am frozen in 80s amber. I guess Bowie is in the eye of the beholder? :)
Or the beholder is in the one eye of Bowie? :P
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

seismic1 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:55 pm I think the overall sound certainly has more than a hint of The Human League about it, especially with the boy/girl vocal pairing and the song certainly has bags of '80s nostalgia value for me. My favourite part is the chorus when the extra synths underpin the vocals, giving the song extra adrenalin and impetus, and in the right place.

I couldn't hear any issues with the mix during the chorus, but I'm listening to the updated version now. I didn't notice anything amiss in December either.
I understand the Human League comparisons although the resemblance is accidental. My thinking is the female vox provide a nice change of pace from my growling.

The chorus needed some extra bells and whistles given how minimal the rest of the song is. Glad you liked it and the mix. :)

I didn’t get a Bowie vibe. You remind me of other singers, as I’ve mentioned before.

I really enjoyed the inclusion of the woman who sang with you here. She’s got a great singing voice, and I’m generally not impressed with most singers on first listen. I was glad to hear you singing a bit higher during the non-verse parts. You seem to have a wider range than what you usually exercise (from the songs I’ve heard; maybe I’m missing some other examples of this).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

So much fun.
Its got a real sly groove.
Nice production and vocals.
Very cool tune.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:51 am I really enjoyed the inclusion of the woman who sang with you here. She’s got a great singing voice, and I’m generally not impressed with most singers on first listen.
Agreed! Aika Zabala is a session singer I found on Fiverr. She has appeared on my last 3 songs.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:51 am I was glad to hear you singing a bit higher during the non-verse parts. You seem to have a wider range than what you usually exercise (from the songs I’ve heard; maybe I’m missing some other examples of this).
On the last few songs, I sang some high parts in the guide vocals I sent to Aika. They generally sound much better when she sings them and my guide vocals are muted. :clown:

Thanks for your feedback. :)

nice work, theres a familiarity throughout, definitely 80s but somehow more modern?
i think its the female vocal style, has a more up to date sound than an 80s to my ears.
still fits though.

PatchAdamz wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:39 pm So much fun.
Its got a real sly groove.
Nice production and vocals.
Very cool tune.
Hey, thanks Patch!

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:42 pm nice work, theres a familiarity throughout, definitely 80s but somehow more modern?
i think its the female vocal style, has a more up to date sound than an 80s to my ears.
still fits though.
I have been trying to figure out if I can incorporate some more modern elements into my music going forward. The current Top 50 chart on Spotify is definitely not to my taste. There is some new Indie material that I like on Spotify but that stuff tends to be fairly close to an 80s sound. I need to do more investigation.

Thanks for the comments vurt. :)

Enjoyed listening to your release on Bandcamp. Very well done Electronic music with retro influences..

Greetings
HM

btw very nice artwork photo

Return to “Music Cafe”