Is it at all reasonable to think I can have all my NI software running?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Service Center authorization servers are still active, though...

I am updating jbridge right now. Still working on this on the side while I move on with my other work.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:22 pm Service Center authorization servers are still active, though...
I know. It seems like it would be easier for them to just unlock that old stuff. Just sour grapes.

Attached is a pic of service center. the versions are different between plug and standalone. this is the case with later product too. the paths are correct though.

Picture removed due to my own dumbness.
Last edited by Ah_Dziz on Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here is kontakt 2 running fine:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here's the error when I attempt to create a bridged file with the latest Jbridger:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Frustrating.

I wonder if this might be because of 32-bit vs 64-bit registry hives. K2 was never 64-bit, so activation data is stored in 32-bit part of registry only, AFAIK (WOW6432Node). So if that info would be copied to the same path, minus WOW6432Node folder, could it help? Dunno.

Can you check if KEY, SNO and SYSTEMID values exist under HKLM\Software\Native Instruments\Kontakt 2, and conversely, under HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Native Instruments\Kontakt 2?

That's funny, your activation key and serial work on my system.

Muaahahahahahaah.

No really, pixelate/blur that, just in case.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Also, look in the Kontakt 2 folder and see if the correct .dll's sitting there; I've seen that happen before.

ew
A spectral heretic...

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:57 pm That's funny, your activation key and serial work on my system.

Muaahahahahahaah.

No really, pixelate/blur that, just in case.
I just realized that. I’ll pull it. Probably not the best move.

ew wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:57 pm Also, look in the Kontakt 2 folder and see if the correct .dll's sitting there; I've seen that happen before.

ew
The number of the dll matches service center. I’m gonna try and fiddle with the registry. Any chance I can clear some reg data without doing the full reinstall and have results? I’ve done fresh updates of everything to the last version that was released.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:45 pm I wonder if this might be because of 32-bit vs 64-bit registry hives. K2 was never 64-bit, so activation data is stored in 32-bit part of registry only, AFAIK (WOW6432Node). So if that info would be copied to the same path, minus WOW6432Node folder, could it help? Dunno.

Can you check if KEY, SNO and SYSTEMID values exist under HKLM\Software\Native Instruments\Kontakt 2, and conversely, under HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Native Instruments\Kontakt 2?
I’m gonna dig into this after I pick up the kids.

Best lead I’ve had in a while. Standalone “pro-53 (last update on the NI site)” deactivated in standalone as well after running the installer.
Everything else will launch in standalone, but not in plugin mode.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:21 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:45 pm I wonder if this might be because of 32-bit vs 64-bit registry hives. K2 was never 64-bit, so activation data is stored in 32-bit part of registry only, AFAIK (WOW6432Node). So if that info would be copied to the same path, minus WOW6432Node folder, could it help? Dunno.

I’m gonna dig into this after I pick up the kids.

Best lead I’ve had in a while. Standalone “pro-53 (last update on the NI site)” deactivated in standalone as well after running the installer.
Everything else will launch in standalone, but not in plugin mode.
All three values are set under both sections of the registry and they match. I'm guessing that's why Service center has everything activated and good to go. The stored install paths work as well. Is there a straight forward way of deactivating and reactivating the older software, Manually or otherwise? I thought I saw it on the Ni site, but can't find it now. Everything is fully updated and the system has been restarted so I wanted to see if a simple deactivate/ reactivate then reboot makes a difference.

You cannot change the plugin versions by registry tweaks. You'll have to reinstall.

You can deactivate things by removing those registry values (KEY, SNO, SYSTEMID).

Also, you don't need to reboot after activation.

Return to “Instruments”