Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
BBFG#
KVRAF
5465 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:05 pm

For these companies that have such frequent/semi-regular sales that so often run at 50% or more...

Does anyone think that a second hand purchase of them should be any more than half of those regular "sale" prices?

shidostrife
KVRian
552 posts since 22 Nov, 2016 from Tokyo, Japan

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:16 pm

BBFG# wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:05 pm
For these companies that have such frequent/semi-regular sales that so often run at 50% or more...

Does anyone think that a second hand purchase of them should be any more than half of those regular "sale" prices?
My rule of thumb is 2nd hand price should be around the lowest sale price. Slightly lower if sale is often, slightly higher if sale is rare.

Ofc, sellers are free to set prices as they want. This is just the price range where I will consider buying.

SolarAxix
KVRist
184 posts since 3 Feb, 2017

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:33 pm

shidostrife wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:16 pm
BBFG# wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:05 pm

My rule of thumb is 2nd hand price should be around the lowest sale price. Slightly lower if sale is often, slightly higher if sale is rare.

Ofc, sellers are free to set prices as they want. This is just the price range where I will consider buying.
I agree.
This is just my opinion, but I think Waves continuous discounts has certainly had an impact on some plugin vendors (and the market in general) who are now also doing major "sales" or best sale ever more often (i.e. Plugin Alliance, McDSP, etc...). As a whole, I think it will also reduce the 2nd hand market price further for the same reason.

MogwaiBoy
KVRAF
3034 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:13 pm

Waves were the ones who kicked off the $29 craze - and I am happy for Plugin Alliance to follow suit.

Feelshallright
KVRist
202 posts since 11 Sep, 2017

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Audio Plugin Deals wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 am
Feelshallright wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:48 pm
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 am
APD Valentine's Special!
We hope you love surprises because there's a pleasant surprise waiting in your rewards wallet!

To celebrate the, we have added an extra $20 to your rewards wallet which you can use to purchase any product in The Shop.

Don't have an APD account? Create an account and instantly receive $20 in your rewards wallet which you can immediately use for any purchase you make in The Shop!

And just for today, you will earn an additional 2x in rewards for any product you purchase today on The Deals or in The Shop. So hurry and get shopping now!
Good timing, I was just looking at some items in their shop, and with the 20$ extra credit, I might have enough money in my account to buy a library at their bottom price.
Great! Hope you got what you wanted? :)
Yes, thanks!

Feelshallright
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:20 pm

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 am
Well, it finally happened. If you are going for the Heavyocity NOVO Essentials intro or cross grade offer, be aware that this library requires Kontakt 6. It will not work in Kontakt 5. Fortunately it works with the free version of Kontakt 6.

I seriously need the NI Komplete upgrade sale now. Spring, where are you? :)
I don't need this one, since I already have NOVO, but I guess it can be a nice introduction to this really great product.

Feelshallright
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:24 pm

escalona wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:34 pm
I guess the moral here is: no matter what email you may get from PA, always check this forum before pulling the trigger, and also, if you're so inclined, join the "Audio Plugin Deals and Freebies - VST/AAX/AU and Sample Libraries" group on Facebook. They always share all deals and if something cheaper shows up, it will be there in the comments. It has saved me quite a bit of money.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/plugind ... oup_header
:tu:
Thanks for the tip to this Facebook page. I guess you must have helped them grow their members base, they just made a long list of recent new members.

mgw38
KVRian
1303 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Feelshallright wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:20 pm
mgw38 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 am
Well, it finally happened. If you are going for the Heavyocity NOVO Essentials intro or cross grade offer, be aware that this library requires Kontakt 6. It will not work in Kontakt 5. Fortunately it works with the free version of Kontakt 6.

I seriously need the NI Komplete upgrade sale now. Spring, where are you? :)
I don't need this one, since I already have NOVO, but I guess it can be a nice introduction to this really great product.
It does add a few nice presets that NOVO does not have and is only $19 for the crossgrade. It’s more like an expansion. The samples are the same but the instruments differ.

Feelshallright
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:32 pm

SolarAxix wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:26 pm
CHOOS wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:23 pm
thanks.
i have bought someting in the past but didn't get a voucher emailed
To get a $25 voucher, you need to have spent at least $50 net (before any taxes) in the last 12 months and have subscribed to the mailing list. There have been cases of people having both and still not getting any vouchers. Usually reaching out to Plugin Alliance support will get that resolved.
I didn't bought from them for a while, but I couldn't resist their one-two punch sales for Opticom and Townhouse.

Feelshallright
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:37 pm

Fleer wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:23 am
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:50 pm
For just $49.99, get Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion by Impact Soundworks!

This exquisite symphonic collection for KONTAKT features a comprehensive collection of 50 traditional & extended percussive instruments recorded through three mic positions.

With a clean, focused character that is not clinically dry OR overly ‘epic’, Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion is highly flexible for everything from small ensemble scoring and intimate cues to dramatic & bombastic.

No other percussion library is as extensive AND affordable!

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals/rhapsody-orch ... oundworks/

Deal ends: March 3rd
Great stuff from ImpactSoundworks, love their percussion.
Really great library! And half of the money back in store credits!

Feelshallright
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:43 pm

WilliamK wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 am
agharta wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:47 am
I went to the Wusik site and played their discount code scratch game and received an 80% off code.
Full versions of Wusik One & Wusik Station V10 (Preorder) for $21.98 in total was hard to pass on especially as they come with an interesting library.
I'm glad you are happy with the new S&W idea. :cool: :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK
Where are the 49$ upgrade deals for Wusik users? Those were great deals, but I don't see those prices anywhere on your website...

Ou_Tis
KVRist
249 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Soundtoys Little Plate for $29 for the next two days---was thinking of getting Valhalla Plate or Abbey Roads, is this as good or better?...

Uncle E
KVRAF
10597 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:51 pm

I can't comment on which is better but definitely demo Abbey Road Plates before you buy. It's a CPU killer.

UnbalancedBeats
KVRist
136 posts since 6 Jun, 2008 from Spain

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:57 am

Brainworx bx_XL V2 M/S Stereo Mastering Limiter
24H DEAL - Just $29!* 92% off today!
Use Voucher Code: 24H-xLbX-29-190219 (copy/paste during checkout)
How to use your Voucher Code
Go to the product page and add the plugin to your cart
Click CHECKOUT
Copy / paste code 24H-xLbX-29-190219
Your price will change to just $29!*
This plugin has a List Price of $329 and is on public sale for $129 right now. With the voucher code above you will get it for just $29* That's 92% OFF!
Offer starts now & ends February 19, 23:59 - California Time
(duplicated on Bargain Center No chat)

UnbalancedBeats
KVRist
136 posts since 6 Jun, 2008 from Spain

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:01 am

Uncle E wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:51 pm
I can't comment on which is better but definitely demo Abbey Road Plates before you buy. It's a CPU killer.
Uncle E, are you planning to sell PSP modules for Audio Cherry Voltage Modular at JRR Shop? Thanks!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”