Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Digivolt wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:59 pm
UnbalancedBeats wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:52 pm You are currently subscribed to 'General Subscription'.
Yes it was first thing I checked to make sure, I get emails fine when I buy stuff but I've never gotten a newsletter email from him :?
try unsubscribing and resubscribing again. I believe I had the same problem before.

UnbalancedBeats wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:57 am Brainworx bx_XL V2 M/S Stereo Mastering Limiter
24H DEAL - Just $29!* 92% off today!
Use Voucher Code: 24H-xLbX-29-190219 (copy/paste during checkout)
How to use your Voucher Code
Go to the product page and add the plugin to your cart
Click CHECKOUT
Copy / paste code 24H-xLbX-29-190219
Your price will change to just $29!*
This plugin has a List Price of $329 and is on public sale for $129 right now. With the voucher code above you will get it for just $29* That's 92% OFF!
Offer starts now & ends February 19, 23:59 - California Time
(duplicated on Bargain Center No chat)
Bought it long time ago for much more and sold it for much less. Never gave me one solid master. Tokyo Dawn Limiter still the best... or even psp xenon or FabFilter.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

shidostrife wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:09 pm
Digivolt wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:59 pm
UnbalancedBeats wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:52 pm You are currently subscribed to 'General Subscription'.
Yes it was first thing I checked to make sure, I get emails fine when I buy stuff but I've never gotten a newsletter email from him :?
try unsubscribing and resubscribing again. I believe I had the same problem before.
I'll give it a try :tu:

escalona wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:09 pm
UnbalancedBeats wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:57 am Brainworx bx_XL V2 M/S Stereo Mastering Limiter
Bought it long time ago for much more and sold it for much less. Never gave me one solid master. Tokyo Dawn Limiter still the best... or even psp xenon or FabFilter.
To be honest, think that demoed this plugin sometime ago and for some reason is not on my target list. Must say I have 3 or 4 limiters for basic purposes, don't use them for mastering.

escalona wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:09 pm Bought it long time ago for much more and sold it for much less. Never gave me one solid master. Tokyo Dawn Limiter still the best... or even psp xenon or FabFilter.
Same here. Got bx_XL for 129 in august 2012, upgraded to v2 for $49 on october same year, sold v1 for 22 in october 2015 and sold v2 for $80 in 2016, when I decided that I had too many limiters. Sold Xenon by the same time, and bought Xenon again in a $29 sale in 2018. :dog:

KVR GAS tales.

waltercruz wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
escalona wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:09 pm Bought it long time ago for much more and sold it for much less. Never gave me one solid master. Tokyo Dawn Limiter still the best... or even psp xenon or FabFilter.
Same here. Got bx_XL for 129 in august 2012, upgraded to v2 for $49 on october same year, sold v1 for 22 in october 2015 and sold v2 for $80 in 2016, when I decided that I had too many limiters. Sold Xenon by the same time, and bought Xenon again in a $29 sale in 2018. :dog:

KVR GAS tales.
I had a similar run with BX XL V2 - it ended up that I sold it because of some very noticeable latency (4000ms) I couldnt shake off! and back and forth with tech support didnt help. It basically didnt deliver the kind of result I imagined it would. It certainly is a good price at $29 but not worth much more. I wouldnt touch it for anything if it were still in my arsenal. I replaced it with Voxengo Elephant and its been my steady limiter since. If you dont have time to demo Id be very cautious with BX XL V2.

Insanelysane wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:51 pm

KVR GAS tales.
I had a similar run with BX XL V2 - it ended up that I sold it because of some very noticeable latency (4000ms) I couldnt shake off! and back and forth with tech support didnt help. It basically didnt deliver the kind of result I imagined it would. It certainly is a good price at $29 but not worth much more. I wouldnt touch it for anything if it were still in my arsenal. I replaced it with Voxengo Elephant and its been my steady limiter since. If you dont have time to demo Id be very cautious with BX XL V2.
Bought it high, found better limiters (Tokyo Dawn, Ozone), sold it low, had my buyers remorse...

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:22 pm

KVR GAS tales.
Bought it high, found better limiters (Tokyo Dawn, Ozone), sold it low, had my buyers remorse...
That reads a lot funnier than I think you intended :hihi:

Insanelysane wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:55 pm

KVR GAS tales.
:dog: You‘re right!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:47 am Soundtoys Little Plate for $29 for the next two days---was thinking of getting Valhalla Plate or Abbey Roads, is this as good or better?...
Hmm, Little Plate models a single EMT 140 reverb and basically only lets you change the decay time and turn on a modulator (there's also wet/dry and a low cut filter, but those are easily added), whereas Valhalla Plate has a variety of different plate reverbs and controls. Little Plate has an infinite decay option which is nice. Abbey Road models 4 significantly different sounding EMT 140 plate reverbs and has a bunch of controls, including adjusting analogue noise and drive.

So it sounds nice, but it basically seems limited to one plate reverb sound, so I think I'll be better off getting Valhalla Plate first, especially if I can find a used one cheap... not in a rush since the reverbs I already have sound pretty good and can fulfill the function of plate reverb I like most (avoiding "room within a room" effect... whereas the illusory brightening isn't necessarily something I want, as I tend to prefer darker sounds).

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:47 am Soundtoys Little Plate for $29 for the next two days---was thinking of getting Valhalla Plate or Abbey Roads, is this as good or better?...
Hmm, Little Plate models a single EMT 140 reverb and basically only lets you change the decay time and turn on a modulator (there's also wet/dry and a low cut filter, but those are easily added), whereas Valhalla Plate has a variety of different plate reverbs and controls. Little Plate has an infinite decay option which is nice. Abbey Road models 4 significantly different sounding EMT 140 plate reverbs and has a bunch of controls, including adjusting analogue noise and drive.

So it sounds nice, but it basically seems limited to one plate reverb sound, so I think I'll be better off getting Valhalla Plate first, especially if I can find a used one cheap... not in a rush since the reverbs I already have sound pretty good and can fulfill the function of plate reverb I like most (avoiding "room within a room" effect... whereas the illusory brightening isn't necessarily something I want, as I tend to prefer darker sounds).
Little Plate sounds nice enough on a send but its extremely limited (one plate and no knobs for control) so Id definitely go for Valhalla Plate for options. Btw Ive been using Xenoverb with plate setting and its been doing just what I wanted it to do so you may want to demo that too as it also has nice algorithms for shimmer and odd ones in there too.

Insanelysane wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:55 pm

KVR GAS tales.
lol :D

Out Now: DRUM FURY - Apocalyptic Drums - Intro Pricing
Epic cinematic percussion at its finest

Mammoth right out of the box, DRUM FURY will set your cues ablaze!

Sample Logic opens 2019 with a bang... quite literally. DRUM FURY is an extensive 11 GB collection of over 100 apocalyptic KONTAKT drum instruments.

DRUM FURY was recorded at multiple locations; from the legendary scoring stage at Skywalker studios to cavernous spaces including churches and auditoriums.

Get the all new DRUM FURY now at an introductory price of $99.99 (instead of $199.99) for a limited time only!

Learn more: https://www.samplelogic.com/products/drum-fury/

AT A GLANCE
  • 113 instruments
  • 10.64 GB Sample Content / 35,149 Samples
  • Powerful Mastering Tools via Energizer and Polisher
  • Entirely streamlined interface
  • Built for full Kontakt retail 5.8.1 or higher
  • Essential parameter controls to shift keymap range to stack multiple instruments and create custom ensembles

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good to see another Sample Logic library. DRUM FURY’s looking great indeed.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”