Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Insanelysane
KVRist
189 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:02 pm

Ou_Tis wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:27 pm
Ou_Tis wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:47 pm
Soundtoys Little Plate for $29 for the next two days---was thinking of getting Valhalla Plate or Abbey Roads, is this as good or better?...
Hmm, Little Plate models a single EMT 140 reverb and basically only lets you change the decay time and turn on a modulator (there's also wet/dry and a low cut filter, but those are easily added), whereas Valhalla Plate has a variety of different plate reverbs and controls. Little Plate has an infinite decay option which is nice. Abbey Road models 4 significantly different sounding EMT 140 plate reverbs and has a bunch of controls, including adjusting analogue noise and drive.

So it sounds nice, but it basically seems limited to one plate reverb sound, so I think I'll be better off getting Valhalla Plate first, especially if I can find a used one cheap... not in a rush since the reverbs I already have sound pretty good and can fulfill the function of plate reverb I like most (avoiding "room within a room" effect... whereas the illusory brightening isn't necessarily something I want, as I tend to prefer darker sounds).
Little Plate sounds nice enough on a send but its extremely limited (one plate and no knobs for control) so Id definitely go for Valhalla Plate for options. Btw Ive been using Xenoverb with plate setting and its been doing just what I wanted it to do so you may want to demo that too as it also has nice algorithms for shimmer and odd ones in there too.

waltercruz
KVRAF
1665 posts since 4 Dec, 2011 from Brasília, Brazil

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:38 pm

Insanelysane wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:55 pm
martinjuenke wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:22 am
Insanelysane wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:51 am
waltercruz wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:51 am
escalona wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:09 am
Bought it long time ago for much more and sold it for much less. Never gave me one solid master. Tokyo Dawn Limiter still the best... or even psp xenon or FabFilter.
Same here. Got bx_XL for 129 in august 2012, upgraded to v2 for $49 on october same year, sold v1 for 22 in october 2015 and sold v2 for $80 in 2016, when I decided that I had too many limiters. Sold Xenon by the same time, and bought Xenon again in a $29 sale in 2018. :dog:

KVR GAS tales.
I had a similar run with BX XL V2 - it ended up that I sold it because of some very noticeable latency (4000ms) I couldnt shake off! and back and forth with tech support didnt help. It basically didnt deliver the kind of result I imagined it would. It certainly is a good price at $29 but not worth much more. I wouldnt touch it for anything if it were still in my arsenal. I replaced it with Voxengo Elephant and its been my steady limiter since. If you dont have time to demo Id be very cautious with BX XL V2.
Bought it high, found better limiters (Tokyo Dawn, Ozone), sold it low, had my buyers remorse...
That reads a lot funnier than I think you intended :hihi:
lol :D

sample logic
KVRist
142 posts since 21 Jul, 2006

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:08 am

Out Now: DRUM FURY - Apocalyptic Drums - Intro Pricing
Epic cinematic percussion at its finest

Mammoth right out of the box, DRUM FURY will set your cues ablaze!

Sample Logic opens 2019 with a bang... quite literally. DRUM FURY is an extensive 11 GB collection of over 100 apocalyptic KONTAKT drum instruments.

DRUM FURY was recorded at multiple locations; from the legendary scoring stage at Skywalker studios to cavernous spaces including churches and auditoriums.

Get the all new DRUM FURY now at an introductory price of $99.99 (instead of $199.99) for a limited time only!

Learn more: https://www.samplelogic.com/products/drum-fury/

AT A GLANCE
  • 113 instruments
  • 10.64 GB Sample Content / 35,149 Samples
  • Powerful Mastering Tools via Energizer and Polisher
  • Entirely streamlined interface
  • Built for full Kontakt retail 5.8.1 or higher
  • Essential parameter controls to shift keymap range to stack multiple instruments and create custom ensembles

Vortifex
KVRian
1155 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:52 am

Hornet flogging their plugs for 60% off now. Seems they have a 50% off sale almost every week. They're already quite cheap.

Fleer
KVRAF
4104 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:30 am

Good to see another Sample Logic library. DRUM FURY’s looking great indeed.

yehboy1
KVRist
169 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:34 am

Remarkable seeing some threads where people are bumping the same plugin at the same price for almost six months. Even a bot would be like, "eh this is stupid."

jsp1979
KVRAF
3086 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:36 am

yehboy1 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:34 am
Remarkable seeing some threads where people are bumping the same plugin at the same price for almost six months. Even a bot would be like, "eh this is stupid."
Yes, but if you point that out, you get: "But if they're in a VAT paying country, they can save 0.26% by buying from me instead of buying direct. That's a good bargain for such an amazing piece of software*. So, if you don't have anything to add, move along!"

*even though it's clearly not amazing enough for them to keep it
Last edited by jsp1979 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

soundbylaura
KVRian
661 posts since 14 Nov, 2014 from Atlanta, GA

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 am

That VSTBuzz deal for Silk is tempting. Usually I just do a month of Composer's Cloud when I need it. Wonder if any resellers will match that price (cough TimeSpace cough)...
Don't let me buy any more ethnic winds.

Fleer
KVRAF
4104 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:34 am

Yeah, Silk is actually very good. Less articulations than Ra, but much deeper.

Feelshallright
KVRist
198 posts since 11 Sep, 2017

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:37 am

Fleer wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:30 am
Good to see another Sample Logic library. DRUM FURY’s looking great indeed.
I already have many percussion libraries, but I really like the sound of this one and the intro price is nice.

Feelshallright
KVRist
198 posts since 11 Sep, 2017

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:42 am

soundbylaura wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 am
That VSTBuzz deal for Silk is tempting. Usually I just do a month of Composer's Cloud when I need it. Wonder if any resellers will match that price (cough TimeSpace cough)...
As far as I know, these are exclusive time-limited deals. Silk is very great by the way...

soundbylaura
KVRian
661 posts since 14 Nov, 2014 from Atlanta, GA

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:44 am

Feelshallright wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:42 am
soundbylaura wrote:
As far as I know, these are exclusive time-limited deals. Silk is very great by the way...
A girl can hope... (and be patient).
Don't let me buy any more ethnic winds.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1019 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 am

soundbylaura wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:44 am
Feelshallright wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:42 am
soundbylaura wrote:
A girl can hope... (and be patient).
I've noticed that VSTBuzz and APD have a lot of the same sales.

The bargain hunter part of me wants to grab it. The part of me that thinks about these things says "you don't even like the sound of Asian instruments that much. when will you use it?"

And? EW has had 60% off sales. If you get it at JRR, you probably will match or maybe even beat this price by a little. Just a thought.

WilliamK
KVRAF
4487 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:35 am

Feelshallright wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:43 pm
WilliamK wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 am
agharta wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:47 am
I went to the Wusik site and played their discount code scratch game and received an 80% off code.
Full versions of Wusik One & Wusik Station V10 (Preorder) for $21.98 in total was hard to pass on especially as they come with an interesting library.
I'm glad you are happy with the new S&W idea. :cool: :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK
Where are the 49$ upgrade deals for Wusik users? Those were great deals, but I don't see those prices anywhere on your website...
You can get even more discount with the new Scratch & Win options. Or just select the stuff you want to upgrade and the system will give you a discount depending on the total value. Both options should give you even lower prices. :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK

BBFG#
KVRAF
5449 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:53 am

shidostrife wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:16 pm
BBFG# wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:05 pm
For these companies that have such frequent/semi-regular sales that so often run at 50% or more...

Does anyone think that a second hand purchase of them should be any more than half of those regular "sale" prices?
My rule of thumb is 2nd hand price should be around the lowest sale price. Slightly lower if sale is often, slightly higher if sale is rare.

Ofc, sellers are free to set prices as they want. This is just the price range where I will consider buying.
My general rule is to start at 20% off the lowest sale price, but some well known offenders definitely warrant 50% off their regular lowest price.
All dependant on product and company of course. Some of these developers I no longer trust enough to buy at any price.
But it has become one of my foremost questions now. "What's their sale cycle and what's their 'real' price?" Then it jogs over to which online dealer also carries it with an "in-cart" price. :)

And that before calculating a FMV of it being second hand.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”