Introduction to SlickEQ and SlickEQ GE by Dan Worrall (Video)

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

great tutorial, very well explained! :tu:
...great plugin as well!

Yeah great video.

I wonder, would it be possible to introduce a final scale/amount knob? I love those.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Yeah great video.

I wonder, would it be possible to introduce a final scale/amount knob? I love those.
Question is, how would this interact with auto-gain? I suspect it could seriously confuse the user (similar to Tilt with auto-gain, where the freq setting becomes pointless). I generally try to avoid "dead angles" in the UI concepts, and think that an overall scale knob creates new dead angles and only very little benefit.

If I'm not mistaken a scale knob just acts the same as you having your hands on each control and dialing them all back at the same time (or forward for more effect).

So pulling the scale control back from 100% would just move everything closer to a default 0 setting. The point is you've selected your frequency, bell & distortion settings already and you want to hear a more subtle version or a more full on version. Although you have A/B which is useful too.

So my answer to your autogain question would be: The same way doing it manually would affect the autogain.

Equality has autogain and a scale slider IIRC.

Or am I missing something here?.. Anyhow it's great as it is. I just love scale controls.

By the way, that group delay control is so cool. So glad you put that on there.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Do you mean that Phi button? I love having it as an option. If I'm not using the low EQ, I like to just engage the Phi at different frequencies (depending on the tracks bass and kick etc.), and see if it sounds better or worse. Has some kind of very strange effect on the sound! Sometimes great, sometimes not.

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Do you mean that Phi button? I love having it as an option. If I'm not using the low EQ, I like to just engage the Phi at different frequencies (depending on the tracks bass and kick etc.), and see if it sounds better or worse. Has some kind of very strange effect on the sound! Sometimes great, sometimes not.
Yeah I love it. Sometimes I record my voice for videos. The sound is similar to what you get with extreme compression on analog modeled comps. like all buttons in on 76. It also reminds me of that radio voice.

I think it's all to do with phase rotation, thats my big new word.
Aiynzahev-sounds

This is how you do the introduction!
Smooth tunes with smooth voice and the order of things introduced was just right. Kudos for the video and almost too good (?) EQ plugin guys.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Hello,
According to the SlickEQ Manual:
Input / Output resolution: 32bit floating point
Internal resolution: 64bit floating point

I am trying to understand what it is.
Are the input and output resolution maximum Audio BitDepth in can manipulate or audio processing caracteristics?
For example, if we use a DAW that uses a 64bit architecture, and 64bit floating point mixing engine, we hear the words like true 64bit mixing environnement... Is that what the plugin offers?

Please if possible make an educated article to clarify this, I've been looking everywhere for accurate scientific infos and can't b sure of what I read at all.

Thanks in advance this is a very interesting topic :)
Alex

SlickEQ and SlickEQ GE haven't been updated yet to support the 64bit I/O VST extension (= the plugin's own inputs and outputs). But this follows with the forthcoming update!

I/O precision doesn't affect the plugin's function. Processing precision is a completely separate matter running inside the plugin, under full control of the developer.

FabienTDR wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:13 pmBut this follows with the forthcoming update!
Will the update also give it up to 150 or 200% scaling? That would be sweet...

Is there a way to demo SlickEQ GE? I'd like to check how well Match reference, De-resonate work

justified wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:46 am Is there a way to demo SlickEQ GE? I'd like to check how well Match reference, De-resonate work
Hi,this is from their website : Please refer to the standard edition for a free and fully functional demonstrator of TDR VOS SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition's core features.
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

justified wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:46 am Is there a way to demo SlickEQ GE? I'd like to check how well Match reference, De-resonate work
It works quite good.

jethrobull wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:31 am
Hi,this is from their website : Please refer to the standard edition for a free and fully functional demonstrator of TDR VOS SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition's core features.
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/
It looks like Match reference and De-resonate aren't core features and are not available in free version.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”