Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do CABLEGUYS permit license transfer?

Does IKMultimedia allow for selling a whole account? If so, are there any stipulations to it?

sellyoursoul wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:13 pm Does IKMultimedia allow for selling a whole account? If so, are there any stipulations to it?
Here are a couple successful IK account transfers: search.php?keywords=IK+account&t=74467&sf=msgonly

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:06 am Positive Grid don't allow sales:
Maines (Positive Grid)
Nov 21, 17:00 CST

Hi Paul,
Thanks for writing back.

Unfortunately, unless you're simply gifting the license, or we don't allow any second-hand selling or any other similar business activities.

Best regards,
Maines

Positive Grid Support
www.positivegrid.com
Because of some uncertainty regarding positive grids transfer policy i asked for a answer from them and got the same one as above. Here´s what their EULA says: Licensee may not export, convey, rent, sublicense, transfer or otherwise distribute the Software or any rights therein to any person or entity. That´s that.

I thought I had the Acustica Audio transfer policy down but when I sold Water recently I "only" paid the 25€ fee. I did not pay anything for the intro price discount which I though I had to? Anyone knows how this works exactly? Is their intro price a discount or does their anti-trade policy count from when the product goes to full price, after the intro period?

zooterman wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:41 am Do CABLEGUYS permit license transfer?
i wonder as well as they do not have password change availability.

deejay2 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:33 am
i wonder as well as they do not have password change availability.
I found out that they do. Pretty easy, just email them. But they're slow with responding sometimes.

monomox wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:27 am
Nobdi wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 pm Does Audio Assault do license transfers ?
I have the same question, anyone?
Same question...
Maybe not!
I could not find any information on! The site is very weak ...

Have any of you transferred DS Audio's Tantra? I've seen people sell that plugin here and I have contacted them, but I was wondering if you guys would know how to do that transfer. Thanks.
EDIT : never mind, they told me I need to contact DS Audio directly via email

2:43AM wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:08 pm
househoppin09 wrote:Since I've seen some conflicting info about this, figured I should ask here: what is FXpansion's stance on account transfers? (Not license transfers from one account to another, which I know they do allow for a fee.) Definitely allowed, definitely not allowed, or gray area?
I sent Roli (new owner of FXpansion) an email regarding this very topic, as I am interested in selling some plugins. Word on the street says there is a $50 transfer fee, but nothing is listed on their website regarding the matter nor the process.
What is the current state of affairs regarding this question? I'm toying with the idea of selling my entire FXpansion account and I want to be sure there is no setback.

Does anyone have info on UADs transfer policy? As i understand it can only be sold with the hardware it´s attached to, but at the same time there´s selling going on on their forum. Maybe i should take my question there? / Jonas

MarcN58T wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:22 pm I have contacted Soundspot and support has allowed license transfer. Their reply is as follows:
Hi there.

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this matter.

I am more than happy to assist you, and I am happy to tell you that it is possible to sell on your Software/licenses. In order to do this we would need your Plugin Boutique purchase receipts, your Email address, the new owner Email address and the details of which plugins you have sold. Once we have this information, we can then instruct Plugin Boutique to remove the related installers from your account.

Hope you find this helpful, and please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions.
Although I bought the plugins on Plugin Boutique (instructions are for Plugin Boutique purchases), the license transfer policy should work on their official store as well.

P.S. I could not search at this time. Sorry.
Anybody knows if there is a transfer fee?

Yes, but I believe their plugins are NFR after being transferred. You might want to ask their support to see if that's the case.

Little word of warning for those here buying licenses through account takeover. I just had somebody who sold me his Initial Audio account about a year ago repossess the account through the developer. It was not a lot of money by any means and I honestly haven't used the plugin in any production, so my disappointment is limited. Still annoying though.

Account takeovers are usually against the terms of service. If the seller repossesses the account at any time in the future, there is nothing much a buyer can do.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I searched this thread and saw only one lonely past about Sound Radix, so here is my recent experience. IF you bought plugins from them that later got upgraded to their Radical Bundle, even though the licenses for those plugins are not part of a locked ilok group, nor is there mention of limitation on their site about plugins in their bundle, they will deny your license transfer request if you try to sell a single plugin that is now part of the bundle.

Please be aware of that limitation, and I would recommend reaching out to Sound Radix before you list anything by them for sale here to make sure the license transfer will be approved.

Hope this helps my fellow KVR-ers avoid the issue I experienced.
Kyle

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”