DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Feature request:

Using the knobs to change the EQ type (High-pass12/24, bell, low etc) is very hard, even with the shift pressed. If quickly jumps from one setting into the other and i keep returning to my mouse to set the correct type. Its there a way to detect the TYPE knobs and lower the output by two or four (to make it smoother)?

Another option: use the TAP tempo knob due to the build in step mode.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
moss wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 am
hajnal wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:37 pm my, 2.5 certainly is full of regressions.

i picked up a beatstep because it honestly just seemed nice to have, and then i saw the bitwig script and went "aaaaaaaaaaaaa" at how rad it is. i include this preface because my problems are probably 20% actual problem, 80% me not knowing what I'm doing at all.

for 2.5, drum mode seems to not really be working, with pad hits not registering in just about any context. same problem with play mode. I'm not sure what the proper diagnostic procedures are for this sort of thing to ensure that the problem is on the side of the software and not something stupid I did, which is likely.
It helps a lot when you report a problem to tell:
- which system you are on
- a step by step instruction what you are doing,
- what is happening and what you expect to happening

In case you have not seen it: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... a-Beatstep (https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss/wiki/Arturia-Beatstep)
*Win10 x64 (latest) laptop without any special hardware other than a midiplus akm322 and the beatstep
*Open Bitwig, enter note mode/drum mode through the shift function, observe problem. (Whether there is or isn't a clip in the active zone as described in the documentation doesn't seem to affect the problem, which is really weird.)
*MIDI note input doesn't go to active (or, as far as I can tell, any) track. Problem persists after reboot of both computer and device.

Sorry, new here.

Any work on the Novation SL Mk3? I'm keen to buy it but only if it works w/ BWS.

I searched the forum but couldn't find a specific answer to this.

Is there any thought to implement Drum "rack" PUSH 2 note repeat feature?

Or does anyone know a hack around this to get a similar feeling as the normal functionality of Note Repeat in Ableton using Push 2 in Drum mode for Bitwig?

Thanks.
Rich

rhawtin wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 am
Or does anyone know a hack around this to get a similar feeling as the normal functionality of Note Repeat in Ableton using Push 2 in Drum mode for Bitwig?

Thanks.
Rich
Arp ?
Last edited by zengel on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

rhawtin wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 am

Thanks.
Rich
or sequencer ?
And to go further you can make one per pad . and control it with the moss script for push 2 . And it would be more powerfull that the "repeat" function.

hajnal wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:43 pm *Win10 x64 (latest) laptop without any special hardware other than a midiplus akm322 and the beatstep
*Open Bitwig, enter note mode/drum mode through the shift function, observe problem. (Whether there is or isn't a clip in the active zone as described in the documentation doesn't seem to affect the problem, which is really weird.)
*MIDI note input doesn't go to active (or, as far as I can tell, any) track. Problem persists after reboot of both computer and device.
Sorry, I cannot spot a problem. Could it be that you accidently transposed the notes of the pads (Shift+"big knob")? That is something I cannot turn off.
If this does not help, maybe you can do a short video.

Lempface wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:08 pm Any work on the Novation SL Mk3? I'm keen to buy it but only if it works w/ BWS.
Sorry, no news here. I tried now several time to get a device but so far no luck.

Hi moss,

Looking at the Open Stage Control script and the OSC driver, I don't understand why the resolution of (for example) the device remote knobs is limited to 128 steps, given that OSC as a protocol can handle 32-bit numbers (as opposed to 7-bit), wouldn't it be much nicer to actually use that higher resolution resolution? My ears would love it! 😊

Regards,
Joris

moss wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:22 pm
Lempface wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:08 pm Any work on the Novation SL Mk3? I'm keen to buy it but only if it works w/ BWS.
Sorry, no news here. I tried now several time to get a device but so far no luck.
There is hope again :-)

joris.roling wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:09 pm Hi moss,

Looking at the Open Stage Control script and the OSC driver, I don't understand why the resolution of (for example) the device remote knobs is limited to 128 steps, given that OSC as a protocol can handle 32-bit numbers (as opposed to 7-bit), wouldn't it be much nicer to actually use that higher resolution resolution? My ears would love it! 😊

Regards,
Joris
Yery good question. This reason is historical: the OSC clients I had back than somehow sent exactly 128 values for their UI controls. Will put it on the list.

Hi moss,

That would be great if you could fix it, of course, now we have to deal with existing OSC clients that expects your OSC driver to be in the range of 0-127. Maybe an extra path like:

/device/param/{1-8}/value-high-res {0-2147483647} (if you want to go reaaly high)

or

/device/param/{1-8}/value-high-res {0-16383} (if you want to stick to known territory)

would do the trick? The existing OSC clients can than be adapted to use this path at theyr own pace.

Cheers,
Joris

Just make it float...
Or an option float 0.0-1.0 (would translate to the VST way of doing it...)

moss wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:32 pm
dot.solenoid wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:46 pm Hello,

Sorry to report: tested on Bitwig 2.5 with push 2 @ Moss v5.9: No change, numbers are not updated
As I wrote above: This is a bug in Bitwig 2.5 (and all controllers are affected). I already reported it.
Should be fixed in next update :D

Maschine MK3 Support would be cool!
Are there any other Scripts for Maschine MK3 in Bitwig Studio?

Return to “Controller Scripting”