SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

4.2 was on my USB drive with the content for ST 3 (why when it’s an update from ST 3) but a lot of the new content apparently not on the USB. Not sure if I need to run the 1-2 update as 4.2 was on the drive (ran it anyway, but after the 4,2 install)

The install instructions PDF was curripted on the drive and I can’t find an install instructions PDF to download, is there one?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

stardust339 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 am I think I found a different problem than what others noticed. On the newer instrument list for Sampletank 4, it now lists other drum kits like Melody Kit or Big Crush Kit as one of the available instruments in addition to Acoustic Pop/Vintage Rock whereas before only Acoustic Pop/Vintage Rock were listed for it. I only have access to the sound files of the two drum kits - Acoustic Pop and Vintage Rock.
I noticed this too, just yesterday. I logged a support ticket and expect to hear back today or tomorrow at the latest, given the typical response I’ve gotten in the past.

It might be an error in the PDF, or maybe they have added a few new kits already. In any case, there are no new drum parts in my download area. I suspect it hasn’t been noticed before because most people on this forum seem to have the MAX version, which would definitely include these.

EDIT: I’ll let you know when I get an answer from support.

Installing sample tank. So I first have to install the "Installer", than the sound content, and afterwards install the sound library update 1.2 downloaded from my user area?

neverenoughfunk wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:14 pm
mixtur.se wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:10 pm
Beriax wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:03 pm The usb has arrived :hyper: .

I skimmed through the licence paper, and it says I can install on maximum 3 pc, and use only one at a time. What if I install on 3 pcs of mine, and then format and dump one? Can install on a new pc and still use it? Does it just mean installed on 3 pc at the same time?
If it is so, do I have to cancel the activation on a pc before formatting?
Keep in mind you only have a limited amount of activations in total, and there’s no way to deregister a device (like some other vendors offer)
you have to give Ik Multimedia an A+ on this...

never have a problem with asking for more activations... especially, if you are using the product legally...
Thanks, much obliged for the nice rating (will pass to the team who takes care of this sort of thing) and wanted to let people know that deauthorization has been suggested as something that would also be great to have in an updated download/authorization management system. I just verified that it was put into the suggested specifications for an improved system.

bill45 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:37 am I found the installer for the sound library 1.2 up date
I think Peter said to install this before the 4.02 update.
Gonna go back and take a look.
It is recommended but it won't cause anything terrible to happen if you don't.

SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am 4.2 was on my USB drive with the content for ST 3 (why when it’s an update from ST 3) but a lot of the new content apparently not on the USB. Not sure if I need to run the 1-2 update as 4.2 was on the drive (ran it anyway, but after the 4,2 install)

The install instructions PDF was curripted on the drive and I can’t find an install instructions PDF to download, is there one?
The file on the root level of the drive should be corrected going forward but in cases where the USB stick has that top-level corrupted PDF, you can find a working copy one level down which will have the proper instructions (in the "Installer macOS" or "Installer Windows" folder).

Please run the 1.2 update, it isn't very large so shouldn't take too long to download I hope.

Thanks!

how long it takes until the IK Support responds to their support tickets ?

Mkdaws32@gmail.com wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:42 am
stardust339 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 am I think I found a different problem than what others noticed. On the newer instrument list for Sampletank 4, it now lists other drum kits like Melody Kit or Big Crush Kit as one of the available instruments in addition to Acoustic Pop/Vintage Rock whereas before only Acoustic Pop/Vintage Rock were listed for it. I only have access to the sound files of the two drum kits - Acoustic Pop and Vintage Rock.
I noticed this too, just yesterday. I logged a support ticket and expect to hear back today or tomorrow at the latest, given the typical response I’ve gotten in the past.

It might be an error in the PDF, or maybe they have added a few new kits already. In any case, there are no new drum parts in my download area. I suspect it hasn’t been noticed before because most people on this forum seem to have the MAX version, which would definitely include these.

EDIT: I’ll let you know when I get an answer from support.
Thanks. I'll look forward to that.

DrumAddict wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm how long it takes until the IK Support responds to their support tickets ?
Generally within 1-2 business days. But you can always Replay to your Ticket asking for a progress report / guidance.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:27 pm
DrumAddict wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm how long it takes until the IK Support responds to their support tickets ?
Generally within 1-2 business days. But you can always Replay to your Ticket asking for a progress report / guidance.
i would like to hear it or answere from other customer , sorry .

1-2 business days i can not believe because its already 4 days and no answere . tbh it is inacceptable .

Got a response to My ticket.They said try this and closed the ticket
before i could respond. Their sugestion did not work st4 still crashes.
Do I need to open another ticket?

OK you can still respond to a closed ticket.

bill45 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:13 pm Got a response to My ticket.They said try this and closed the ticket
looks like , at least to me , an very unprofessional way for supports .

bill45 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:13 pm Got a response to My ticket.They said try this and closed the ticket
No, the current system (and there's a new one on the horizon - very close, I'm told) marks them closed but that does not mean they are done with your issue. I will check but typically the techs have something similar to this messaging in their signature to indicate this and keep you informed (see below) and I've mentioned this on our forum:

Also note that the IK Support ticketing system does mark the status of your ticket as closed the ticket upon each reply, but that does not mean your ticket is done unless the issue is handled appropriately. A ticket will be closed like this to ensure the team member assisting you is alerted immediately of your reply. You can be assured this 'closed' status does not mean your issue is 'resolved' just yet. This is simply to keep IK Support on their toes and get your emails answered as soon as they possibly can.

DrumAddict wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:23 pm
looks like , at least to me , an very unprofessional way for supports .
Please see above. Thank you.

Edit - Also wanted to add that there is a high volume of support tickets currently so it is taking longer than the typical 1-2 business days in some cases but they are working hard to assist everybody as expediently as possible and I appreciate your patience.

Return to “Instruments”