SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

bill45 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:37 pm How late does tech support work it's 4:35 eastern standard time here.
The US office is open from 10-7 EST, but they work outside of those hours at times too. Please let the tech know that after your TeamViewer session you still have some issues and they will certainly continue to assist you.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 pm
bill45 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:37 pm How late does tech support work it's 4:35 eastern standard time here.
The US office is open from 10-7 EST, but they work outside of those hours at times too. Please let the tech know that after your TeamViewer session you still have some issues and they will certainly continue to assist you.
Thanks, I added messages to the ticket. Do they work tomorrow ?

I'm not sure if this has been posted here before but Groove3 now has SampleTank4 tutorials. I'm about halfway through. They're very good.

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Sampl ... -Explained
Rainguitar is a writer and musician living in Sherwood Park, Alberta. He is known by his pseudonym "T.K. Boomer" which he uses to write science fiction. Music production is a hobby.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
rainguitar wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:40 pm I'm not sure if this has been posted here before but Groove3 now has SampleTank4 tutorials. I'm about halfway through. They're very good.

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Sampl ... -Explained (https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/SampleTank-4-Explained)
I also watched several.... learning a LOT.

Eli is the best!

Tom

TD75 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 pm
ShawnMH wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:43 am Can anybody tell me what parts are in the ST4 Multi: Grooves/Light Cheese.st4m?

It is crash-poofing on me, so I am assuming one or more instruments may be corrupt for me.

EDITS:
and now... ST4 Multi: Grooves/Noises.st4m, Perpetua.st4m, Ritmi.st4m, Technicality.st4m

and...ST4 Multi: Motion/Animas.st4m, Bacterium.st4m

also...ST4 Multi: Pads/Nagging.st4m

Singles:
ST4 Arpeggio/Climax Groove, Noisy FM, White Sequence

ST4 Synth FX/White Noise Analog 4s.st4i
I can confirm that these are also crashing for me as well. Seems like there are some corrupt files/presets.
Finally, some validation that it's not just me! :)

ShawnMH wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:44 pm
ShawnMH wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:43 am Can anybody tell me what parts are in the ST4 Multi: Grooves/Light Cheese.st4m?

It is crash-poofing on me, so I am assuming one or more instruments may be corrupt for me.

EDITS:
and now... ST4 Multi: Grooves/Noises.st4m, Perpetua.st4m, Ritmi.st4m, Technicality.st4m

Singles:

I can confirm that these are also crashing for me as well. Seems like there are some corrupt files/presets.
Finally, some validation that it's not just me! :)
Shawn - Try downloading the 6 Synth Sample parts from their website and reinstall. Worked for me. Must be some corrupt files on the USB. All the multis now load without crashing.

zzz00m wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:19 pm

EDITS:

Singles:

No crashes here on any of those sounds listed. It appears that most of those sounds are from the "Synths" instrument folders.

ST4 Multi > Grooves/Light Cheese contains:
1. White Sequence
2. Talking Clav
3. Space Bounce
Thanks for the reply. I started with ST4 Max on USB stick, it sure looks like I am going to end up downloading everything from the site now anyway.

I want to try swapping dl versions of the parts you listed (for the Light Cheese multi) in for my versions.

I know there is more, just haven't found them yet. STILL finding things in ST3 and MP2, and those affect ST4 too...

____________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: Looks like White Sequence is the problem, insta-crash-poof on it as a single. Other two are fine.

Have not heard from tech support for over an hour, wish they would let me know if they are done for the evening.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:43 pm
DrumAddict wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:23 pm
bill45 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:13 pm Got a response to My ticket.They said try this and closed the ticket
before i could respond. Their sugestion did not work st4 still crashes.
Do I need to open another ticket?
looks like , at least to me , an very unprofessional way for supports .
Please see above. Thank you.

Edit - Also wanted to add that there is a high volume of support tickets currently so it is taking longer than the typical 1-2 business days in some cases but they are working hard to assist everybody as expediently as possible and I appreciate your patience.
already 5 day passed without hear anything from support . and now the weekend comes which also pass 2 more days (i understand that weekend are weekend) .

whats stopping people from using something else to make a song while they wait for ST4's bugs fixed? geezuz-H-Kryminee!
you.... you... you people...
https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramirez-you-people
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

DrumAddict wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:55 am already 5 day passed without hear anything from support . and now the weekend comes which also pass 2 more days (i understand that weekend are weekend) .
Hey, at least you didn't get a wrong answer. Took about 9 emails to get them to answer the question about which zip file had the file that was throwing an error for the red strat. They told me Guitar 6 ... so I redownloaded guitar 6. By the way, my internet sucks so that single file took 4 hours. And the f**king file isn't in that one. This zip install process is a cluster f**k.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:51 am
DrumAddict wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:55 am already 5 day passed without hear anything from support . and now the weekend comes which also pass 2 more days (i understand that weekend are weekend) .
Hey, at least you didn't get a wrong answer. Took about 9 emails to get them to answer the question about which zip file had the file that was throwing an error for the red strat. They told me Guitar 6 ... so I redownloaded guitar 6. By the way, my internet sucks so that single file took 4 hours. And the f**king file isn't in that one. This zip install process is a cluster f**k.
oh man,I feel your pain.Is there tech support on the weekend.I had to mess around with team viewer, learn how how send a screen shot. He wanted to know if scaling is set to 100%Don't know where to find that.Found DPI scaling it was set 100%.He still wanted a screen shot.I could not get screen shot to paste into support ticket.Is there any other scaling setting? Nothing from tech since about 7pm.
I understand the tech is trying to be thorou.May just get a new video card.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:51 am
On day 4 over here (2 tickets) but it´s weekend now so I´m pretty sure I wont here anything until next week...

bill45 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:08 am May just get a new video card.
Not quite sure what issue you are addressing with that?

But in any case, if your computer has integrated on-board graphics, you could just pull the video card and connect your monitor to that to test with temporarily. That would rule out any possibility of your video card causing issues.

I am running ST4, as well as various DAWs and virtual instruments, with only the integrated Intel HD graphics on my PC (dual monitors).

I have not yet found a need for a discrete GPU card to run audio applications with. Most of the integrated graphics products available today can handle multiple monitors, HDMI, and HD resolutions up to 4K.

I understand that some folks also use their computer for video rendering or gaming, where GPU acceleration is a necessity, so this is only a troubleshooting suggestion, before spending on a new card.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Can anyone here browse through more than 5 or 6 presets without a crash?

Return to “Instruments”