Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
thejonsolo
KVRAF
2100 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:31 pm

Yes it does specify...from Cubase Pro. No upgrade path from Elements and Artists.

meldavid
KVRist
270 posts since 5 Jul, 2002 from Sydney

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:37 pm

Perhaps consider hosting your plug-ins in an external host, like Vienna Ensemble Pro. It may make your DAW more stable if it doesn't have to run them directly inside the DAW.

hhuang9611
KVRian
503 posts since 1 Mar, 2018 from USA

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:17 pm

Very interesting Metric Halo sale:
Metric Halo ChannelStrip 3 $29
Metric Halo Character $24
Metric Halo Dirty Delay $24
Metric Halo HaloVerb $24
Metric Halo Multiband Dynamics $24
Metric Halo Multiband Expander $24
Metric Halo Precision DeEsser $24
Metric Halo TransientControl $24
Metric Halo Production Bundle $199
Metric Halo SpectraFoo Standard $99
Metric Halo SpectraFoo Complete $199

If you add the price of the 8 products contained in the production bundle, it's 24*7+29=197, but instead, you can spend extra $2 buying the bundle instead for 199... Did I miss something here? :?:
Trance, Trance Is Life

dzilizzi
KVRian
1028 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:07 pm

meldavid wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:37 pm
Perhaps consider hosting your plug-ins in an external host, like Vienna Ensemble Pro. It may make your DAW more stable if it doesn't have to run them directly inside the DAW.
It's not the plug-ins. They work just fine in Cubase. When I find them. I'm still trying to figure out why Cubase can't find my Waves plug-ins. I'm frustrated because Waves doesn't give me any choice on what to install where. I've gotten so if there is a choice I only install 64 bit vst3 versions. I've found some threads on it, so I will see if I can figure it out.

Edit: An example is I add an instrument track. Add a vst and midi chords. No problem. Go to insert a midi arp and it's not an option. No midi modifiers at all. Had to close and reopen to get them to show up. Things like this shouldn't happen.
Last edited by dzilizzi on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dzilizzi
KVRian

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:10 pm

thejonsolo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:31 pm
Yes it does specify...from Cubase Pro. No upgrade path from Elements and Artists.
It's funny, but it doesn't say that on the buy page. Or on the Crossgrade page. Seriously, it is not clear. But it totally makes sense.

c_voltage
KVRian
1280 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:15 am

Interesting, McDSP EC-300 Echo Collection Native on sale for 79$, but judge by topic viewtopic.php?t=503930 there mentioned price two times cheaper (49$) in sale once, that strange. (Or that delays was update\some expanded recently ?)

Edit
oh or maybe meant academic price.
Last edited by c_voltage on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

pekbro
KVRAF
2410 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:19 am

^^No it was just cheaper. Also unavailable for all the windows users who bought it at that time.
I forget how long it took for the windows version, a couple years from release I think. $49
was maybe a year after release.

c_voltage
KVRian

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:22 am

Pekbro hm ok got it. Just i see that the academic price exactly 49$ (without discount even), so, thought..

c_voltage
KVRian

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:27 am

pekbro wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:19 am
^^No it was just cheaper. Also unavailable for all the windows users who bought it at that time.
I forget how long it took for the windows version, a couple years from release I think. $49
was maybe a year after release.
Wait, you mean that this plugs was cheaper in two times even without discount in thoose times ?

pekbro
KVRAF
2410 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:30 am

Yeah, I think because they couldn't produce the windows version. They made it cheap
so windows users would buy it anyway, on the promise that they would deliver it eventually,
which they did. I would be surprised if it gets to $49 any time soon.

c_voltage
KVRian

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:23 am

Ok, i understand. Just tried demo now, quite not a bad thing. But for the price.. even 67 in cart though. Difficult choice. For 49 it would be more undoubt decision hehe.
But need to say, i really liked zero cpu usage in their stuff, it is captivating.

mladi
KVRist
313 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:59 am

dzilizzi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:29 pm
Hey, you know it doesn't specify what Cubase you can cross grade from. Elements is $99.90. Maybe they should have been more specific?
You can only select one crossgrade:

Crossgrade from Cubase
Cubase 4 or higher required

Pretty clear to me isn't it? :)

mladi
KVRist
313 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:09 am

goldenanalog wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 pm
Both good points: I bought :D - confirmed that Cubase is now a subset of Nuendo (you could call Nuendo a superset of Cubase) -

OK, With Nuendo ver 7 and earlier: you paid extra to get what was called the NEK (Nuendo Expansion Kit - which 'featured Nuendo up' to Cubase where it lacked; particularly with it's midi capabilities)

In version 8: NEK became integrated into Nuendo right-out-of-the-box.

So it was a no-brainer for someone like myself: I had a license for Cubase 8.5 Pro; which would have cost me ~$200 to update to C10P - Nuendo 8 was 2X that AND (all caps) - if you buy the upgrade to Nuendo 8 now, you get a free ( :!: :!: :!: ) update to N10 when it's released sometime in Q2!
Yes of course this crossgrade is very tempting this time. In the long run it only pay off if one really have use for all the Nuendo specific stuff because the update price for Nuendo is higher compared to Cubase.

goldenanalog
KVRAF
1806 posts since 7 Dec, 2005 from somewhere between analog and digital

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:21 am

mladi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:09 am
goldenanalog wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 pm
Both good points: I bought :D - confirmed that Cubase is now a subset of Nuendo (you could call Nuendo a superset of Cubase) -

OK, With Nuendo ver 7 and earlier: you paid extra to get what was called the NEK (Nuendo Expansion Kit - which 'featured Nuendo up' to Cubase where it lacked; particularly with it's midi capabilities)

In version 8: NEK became integrated into Nuendo right-out-of-the-box.

So it was a no-brainer for someone like myself: I had a license for Cubase 8.5 Pro; which would have cost me ~$200 to update to C10P - Nuendo 8 was 2X that AND (all caps) - if you buy the upgrade to Nuendo 8 now, you get a free ( :!: :!: :!: ) update to N10 when it's released sometime in Q2!
Yes of course this crossgrade is very tempting this time. In the long run it only pay off if one really have use for all the Nuendo specific stuff because the update price for Nuendo is higher compared to Cubase.
Agreed. Agreed.

But it would be easy enough to argue in favor of Nuendo over Cubase beyond just the expanded feature set - for one thing, if the changelog for N8 is any indication: Steinberg super supports Nuendo - it's their baby! The spec is quite demanding for Nuendo: it's used in big-time commercial situations where it *has* to work - handle the pressure; deliver the goods - the support for it reads next level; but indeed I've read plenty of complaints -

My assumption is that I won't have to pay for any upgrades for Nuendo for a while - until 10.5 or later. Nuendo 10 (Steinberg is apparently skipping 9 - or maybe they just can't count) is targeted for Q2 - that's all the information we're given at this point; it's certainly possible that it could be a while longer then that.

dzilizzi
KVRian

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:36 am

mladi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:59 am
dzilizzi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:29 pm
Hey, you know it doesn't specify what Cubase you can cross grade from. Elements is $99.90. Maybe they should have been more specific?
You can only select one crossgrade:

Crossgrade from Cubase
Cubase 4 or higher required

Pretty clear to me isn't it? :)
Actually, no. If you go to their website, it is just Cubase (10) available in 3 options. So it is Cubase 10 Elements version, Cubase 10 Artist version, and Cubase 10 Pro version.They are all clumped in as the same product on the website. So, based on this, Cubase 10 Elements qualifies as a form of Cubase that is newer than Cubase 4. I am going to guess because they have to approve crossgrades, they will realize the wording is bad eventually. But I would say it was legally arguable. It should specify the pro version.

And? I started with 8, it was much more clearly separated then. Elements and Artist also were much more limited.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”