Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting, McDSP EC-300 Echo Collection Native on sale for 79$, but judge by topic viewtopic.php?t=503930 there mentioned price two times cheaper (49$) in sale once, that strange. (Or that delays was update\some expanded recently ?)

Edit
oh or maybe meant academic price.
Last edited by c_voltage on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

^^No it was just cheaper. Also unavailable for all the windows users who bought it at that time.
I forget how long it took for the windows version, a couple years from release I think. $49
was maybe a year after release.

Pekbro hm ok got it. Just i see that the academic price exactly 49$ (without discount even), so, thought..

pekbro wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 am ^^No it was just cheaper. Also unavailable for all the windows users who bought it at that time.
I forget how long it took for the windows version, a couple years from release I think. $49
was maybe a year after release.
Wait, you mean that this plugs was cheaper in two times even without discount in thoose times ?

Yeah, I think because they couldn't produce the windows version. They made it cheap
so windows users would buy it anyway, on the promise that they would deliver it eventually,
which they did. I would be surprised if it gets to $49 any time soon.

Ok, i understand. Just tried demo now, quite not a bad thing. But for the price.. even 67 in cart though. Difficult choice. For 49 it would be more undoubt decision hehe.
But need to say, i really liked zero cpu usage in their stuff, it is captivating.

dzilizzi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:29 am Hey, you know it doesn't specify what Cubase you can cross grade from. Elements is $99.90. Maybe they should have been more specific?
You can only select one crossgrade:

Crossgrade from Cubase
Cubase 4 or higher required

Pretty clear to me isn't it? :)
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

goldenanalog wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:55 pm Both good points: I bought :D - confirmed that Cubase is now a subset of Nuendo (you could call Nuendo a superset of Cubase) -

OK, With Nuendo ver 7 and earlier: you paid extra to get what was called the NEK (Nuendo Expansion Kit - which 'featured Nuendo up' to Cubase where it lacked; particularly with it's midi capabilities)

In version 8: NEK became integrated into Nuendo right-out-of-the-box.

So it was a no-brainer for someone like myself: I had a license for Cubase 8.5 Pro; which would have cost me ~$200 to update to C10P - Nuendo 8 was 2X that AND (all caps) - if you buy the upgrade to Nuendo 8 now, you get a free ( :!: :!: :!: ) update to N10 when it's released sometime in Q2!
Yes of course this crossgrade is very tempting this time. In the long run it only pay off if one really have use for all the Nuendo specific stuff because the update price for Nuendo is higher compared to Cubase.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:09 pm
goldenanalog wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:55 pm Both good points: I bought :D - confirmed that Cubase is now a subset of Nuendo (you could call Nuendo a superset of Cubase) -

OK, With Nuendo ver 7 and earlier: you paid extra to get what was called the NEK (Nuendo Expansion Kit - which 'featured Nuendo up' to Cubase where it lacked; particularly with it's midi capabilities)

In version 8: NEK became integrated into Nuendo right-out-of-the-box.

So it was a no-brainer for someone like myself: I had a license for Cubase 8.5 Pro; which would have cost me ~$200 to update to C10P - Nuendo 8 was 2X that AND (all caps) - if you buy the upgrade to Nuendo 8 now, you get a free ( :!: :!: :!: ) update to N10 when it's released sometime in Q2!
Yes of course this crossgrade is very tempting this time. In the long run it only pay off if one really have use for all the Nuendo specific stuff because the update price for Nuendo is higher compared to Cubase.
Agreed. Agreed.

But it would be easy enough to argue in favor of Nuendo over Cubase beyond just the expanded feature set - for one thing, if the changelog for N8 is any indication: Steinberg super supports Nuendo - it's their baby! The spec is quite demanding for Nuendo: it's used in big-time commercial situations where it *has* to work - handle the pressure; deliver the goods - the support for it reads next level; but indeed I've read plenty of complaints -

My assumption is that I won't have to pay for any upgrades for Nuendo for a while - until 10.5 or later. Nuendo 10 (Steinberg is apparently skipping 9 - or maybe they just can't count) is targeted for Q2 - that's all the information we're given at this point; it's certainly possible that it could be a while longer then that.

mladi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:59 am
dzilizzi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:29 am Hey, you know it doesn't specify what Cubase you can cross grade from. Elements is $99.90. Maybe they should have been more specific?

Crossgrade from Cubase

Actually, no. If you go to their website, it is just Cubase (10) available in 3 options. So it is Cubase 10 Elements version, Cubase 10 Artist version, and Cubase 10 Pro version.They are all clumped in as the same product on the website. So, based on this, Cubase 10 Elements qualifies as a form of Cubase that is newer than Cubase 4. I am going to guess because they have to approve crossgrades, they will realize the wording is bad eventually. But I would say it was legally arguable. It should specify the pro version.

And? I started with 8, it was much more clearly separated then. Elements and Artist also were much more limited.

My first ever DAW was called Cubasis. As far as I can tell this has been written out of history and the name re-used for an iPad app? Is Cubase Elements what used to be Cubasis?

How are some plugin developers able to get away with making their software NFR when there was this decision?

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2 ... nline.html

https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/k ... egoryID=78
I've heard that unrestricted license transfers/used sales are legal in some countries in Europe. Is this true?
No, but it's a common misunderstanding of the laws. Spectrasonics Virtual Instruments come with two licenses - one for the software and one for the sound recordings (core library samples). Some countries in Europe (such as Germany and Denmark) have laws which allow the unrestricted resale of consumer software and used consumer music CDs. However, these laws do not apply to professional samples/virtual instruments like ours that are used in the creation of new musical works/recordings. So the license agreement for all Spectrasonics products is applicable in the same way throughout the world.

dzilizzi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:36 pm
mladi wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:59 am

Crossgrade from Cubase

Actually, no. If you go to their website, it is just Cubase (10) available in 3 options. So it is Cubase 10 Elements version, Cubase 10 Artist version, and Cubase 10 Pro version.They are all clumped in as the same product on the website. So, based on this, Cubase 10 Elements qualifies as a form of Cubase that is newer than Cubase 4. I am going to guess because they have to approve crossgrades, they will realize the wording is bad eventually. But I would say it was legally arguable. It should specify the pro version.

And? I started with 8, it was much more clearly separated then. Elements and Artist also were much more limited.
You can't crossgrade with Cubase Elements 10 to full Cubase Pro 10 for example. With Steinberg method you can only upgrade within the same product line. They probably think they actually don't need to point it out for a crossgrade to Nuendo when they never allowed this update/crossgrade path even within the Cubase line.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 pm https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/k ... egoryID=78
I've heard that unrestricted license transfers/used sales are legal in some countries in Europe. Is this true?
No, but it's a common misunderstanding of the laws. Spectrasonics Virtual Instruments come with two licenses - one for the software and one for the sound recordings (core library samples). Some countries in Europe (such as Germany and Denmark) have laws which allow the unrestricted resale of consumer software and used consumer music CDs. However, these laws do not apply to professional samples/virtual instruments like ours that are used in the creation of new musical works/recordings. So the license agreement for all Spectrasonics products is applicable in the same way throughout the world.
Sadly, this exposes Spectrasonics to EU infringement procedures.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”