Requiem

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I spliced the four sections of my updated Requiem I originally wrote some time ago into one Box file for here. The only synth on this is the short slice and dice spot on The Darkness.

New, hopefully higher quality individual files below!

Going Home 0 -2:50
The Darkness 2:50 - 7:07
The Light 7:07- 11:40
Alpha Omega 11:40 - 13:05

https://app.box.com/s/elxkm6qia1pjbk1hugqe87von6hqriil
Last edited by fastlanephil on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

All of these compositions are skillfully done. :tu:

I am not sure if the light and folky "Going Home" fits with the other material which is dark and demanding.

The mix has all sound above 16kHz removed which sounds unpleasant and lo-fi to me. (You can open the image in a new tab to see it more clearly.) I think you may be regularly doing this kind of low passing to your mixes but it's hard to check when you don't provide a downloadable MP3.

Refreshing Classical music I think. The theme sounds familiar to me. Nicely done.
Greetings
HM

the space was nice and big, although lacking in high end detail as Frantz noted.
it was very mid-rangey, but still quite enjoyable. the last piece had me
questioning my hearing as i swear i heard a very low rumble on the left side...
thought maybe it was thundering outside, but sure enough the freq analyzer
showed a weird peak way down in the 30hz!
Last edited by layzer on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Frantz wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:52 am All of these compositions are skillfully done. :tu:

I am not sure if the light and folky "Going Home" fits with the other material which is dark and demanding.

The mix has all sound above 16kHz removed which sounds unpleasant and lo-fi to me. (You can open the image in a new tab to see it more clearly.) I think you may be regularly doing this kind of low passing to your mixes but it's hard to check when you don't provide a downloadable MP3.

Thanks for posting Franz!

I imagine it’s probably lacking some fidelity because I lazily downloaded them individually as MP3s off of another site and Logic then saved it as an aif and then I resaved it as an MP3. :lol: I promise not do that again. :ud:

Yes, the first part is quite a contrast to the other three parts. It’s like going to church and singing hymns together about one’s future heavenly reward and such. A community of support that I experienced growing up. Then the listener is sort of thrown to the wolves starting with the second part. The fear of death, the hope of one’s redemption in some way and finally what to make of it all. A simplification.

htcnext2 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:19 am Refreshing Classical music I think. The theme sounds familiar to me. Nicely done.
Greetings
HM
Yes, the first part borrowed a little from the old spiritual Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.

layzer wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 am the space was nice and big, although lacking in high end detail as Frantz noted.
it was very mid-rangey, but still quite enjoyable. the last piece had me
questioning my hearing as i swear i heard a very low rumble on the left side...
thought maybe it was thundering outside, but sure enough the freq analyzer
showed a weird peak way down in the 30hz!
Thanks for listening Lazer.

I found out how to mess up the fidelity of a sound file didn’t I. :lol:
*refer to my response to Franz.

OK. Here's the individual parts of Requiem. These should have better fidelity.

Going Home.
https://app.box.com/shared/drgc2byzhv

The Darkness
https://app.box.com/shared/h3c1z04dgq

The Light
https://app.box.com/shared/6ugttxiqt6

Alpha Omega
https://app.box.com/shared/us5et95387

A redundant post. Oops.

I preferred the second and fourth parts. I think the heavier vibes on these segments seems to suit my mood better these days. I didn't notice a rumble, but my left ear seems to have gone on a temporary vacation :wink:

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:00 am I preferred the second and fourth parts. I think the heavier vibes on these segments seems to suit my mood better these days. I didn't notice a rumble, but my left ear seems to have gone on a temporary vacation :wink:

Good work :)
Thanks for comments seismic1!

fastlanephil wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 am I imagine it’s probably lacking some fidelity because I lazily downloaded them individually as MP3s off of another site and Logic then saved it as an aif and then I resaved it as an MP3. :lol: I promise not do that again. :ud:
If you are going to splice audio together to create a master, you should be working with an uncompressed format like WAVs. When creating MP3s, I suggest going for the highest quality MP3 possible such as 320 kbps, 48kHz. You are going to lose high frequencies with a bit rate of only 160 kbps.

I agree with Tim. The second and fourth ones fit my mood better and sound great! I love the drama of the second one and the choirs. :) Piano on the third one is nice though...
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”