Vendor license policy collection

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm adding FabFilter. I think the answers to copy protection could be more specific... I would replace "company specific," which is too vague, with "code," "downloadable file," and "installer." It's up to you, though.
We should also clarify that the currency is always USD.

monomox wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:44 pm This is gold, man, thank you very much.
:clap: :hug: :hyper: :tu:
I agree that this list should replace the old thread, which is haphazardly maintained, if at all.
Thanks!
monomox wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:55 pm I'm adding FabFilter. I think the answers to copy protection could be more specific... I would replace "company specific," which is too vague, with "code," "downloadable file," and "installer." It's up to you, though.
We should also clarify that the currency is always USD.
Also thanks for helping me think this through, feedback is always welcome!

I agree that I'll need to think about that copy protection question some more.The main goal of this question was to elaborate if a proprietary mechanism is used or iLok & Co, as this also directly influences license transfer fees. If the form is too much of a hassle it will keep people from actually answering it (if it isn't already...).

For currency: Some companies calculate their fees in USD, others in EUR. So it's better if we keep this open I think, otherwise we would have to adjust to exchange rates.

Hi. Has anyone transferred with izotope recently? I´m awaiting a transferred to my account and the seller tells me he have had contact with them and provided the necessary info, but it has now been more than 2 weeks. This is not what i have experienced with them earlier. / Jonas

JNS WRNHD wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:03 pm Hi. Has anyone transferred with izotope recently? I´m awaiting a transferred to my account and the seller tells me he have had contact with them and provided the necessary info, but it has now been more than 2 weeks. This is not what i have experienced with them earlier. / Jonas
I would contact iZotope directly about this, 2 weeks seems quite a long period of time...

joe_b wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:53 am
JNS WRNHD wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:03 pm Hi. Has anyone transferred with izotope recently? I´m awaiting a transferred to my account and the seller tells me he have had contact with them and provided the necessary info, but it has now been more than 2 weeks. This is not what i have experienced with them earlier. / Jonas
I would contact iZotope directly about this, 2 weeks seems quite a long period of time...
It turned out to be a misscommunications thing between the seller and izotope. Thx, though.

monomox wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:44 pm This is gold, man, thank you very much.
:clap: :hug: :hyper: :tu:
I agree that this list should replace the old thread, which is haphazardly maintained, if at all.
If only the mods would pick up on this.
Tried to message, but no response so far.

I made it a sticky for now but we're going to need to figure out a way to incorporate both or make the two less confusing...I appreciate the work the work that went into this. I also appreciate your bringing it to my attention, please forgive my lack of immediate response, it was 3:15am when it was reported and I was unfortunately sleeping on the job...I failed...damn sleep :bang: :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 pm I made it a sticky for now but we're going to need to figure out a way to incorporate both or make the two less confusing...I appreciate the work the work that went into this. I also appreciate your bringing it to my attention, please forgive my lack of immediate response, it was 3:15am when it was reported and I was unfortunately sleeping on the job...I failed...damn sleep :bang: :hihi:
Thanks for making it sticky, and no worries. For now i linked the old thread in the OP to have at least a connection. Do you have a way to merge threads?

yes I can but it will arrange by time stamp and I want you list front and center
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:31 amWhy not just do the right thing, and don't buy, when you are not OK with a company's license policy? :dog:
If you really want to 'vote with your wallet', just not buying has zero effect. No company can account for non-sales. To be effective, you'd need to actually write to the company in question and explain to them exactly why it is that you are not willing to spend your money with them :tu:

Can we leave the dongle question out of this, or at least not conflate it with the user friendliness evaluation. If you move around a lot and/or change your systems often, dongle solutions are exceptionally user friendly.

Maybe „user friendly license policy“ is the wrong term. What you mean is a „barrier free license transfer policy“.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:50 pm Can we leave the dongle question out of this, or at least not conflate it with the user friendliness evaluation. If you move around a lot and/or change your systems often, dongle solutions are exceptionally user friendly.

Maybe „user friendly license policy“ is the wrong term. What you mean is a „barrier free license transfer policy“.
If dongles are optional I will consider it user friendly, if they are mandatory I won't.
Is that a definition we can agree on?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:23 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:31 amWhy not just do the right thing, and don't buy, when you are not OK with a company's license policy? :dog:
If you really want to 'vote with your wallet', just not buying has zero effect. No company can account for non-sales. To be effective, you'd need to actually write to the company in question and explain to them exactly why it is that you are not willing to spend your money with them :tu:
Eh, what? :lol: Of course buying has an effect. It is the only effect which actually affects the company. A company with a bad product knows that it's a bad product, or that it doesn't serve the market, when it doesn't sell. A company who doesn't know what the customer wants doesn't create a good product. It's as simple as that really.

chk071 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:41 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:23 pm
Eh, what? :lol: Of course buying has an effect. It is the only effect which actually affects the company. A company with a bad product knows that it's a bad product, or that it doesn't serve the market, when it doesn't sell. A company who doesn't know what the customer wants doesn't create a good product. It's as simple as that really.
What!!??

Well, exactly. ;)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”