Best all in one synth for beginners?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If someone can find the Instruments forum then.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:20 pm I think he's saying newbies should post in the proper forum that was made specifically for them. Gotta agree.... :shrug:
And when they dont, the solution isnt to call people trying to help said newbie 'f**king dicks', which is the epitomy of being a f**king dick, and a breach of KVRs rules all on its own.

the actual protocol if a thread is in the wrong place is to contact a mod and get the thread moved. if he's going to whine about someone not following the rules, he should follow the rules himself.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:23 pm

telling people not to respond to newbie topics makes you the 'f**king dick', not people helping out.
Well said, the guys an utter moron.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:26 pm And when they dont, the solution isnt to call people trying to help said newbie 'f**king dicks', which is the epitomy of being a f**king dick, and a breach of KVRs rules all on its own.
At no point did I defend his calling people names or discouraging people not to help.

I think it's pretty obvious what my point is so I'll just leave it at that...... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:18 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:15 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:26 pm And i encourage everyone, please stop replying to newbie topics, dont be f**king dicks ok? and im pointing to you same names who have an urge to reply to every newbie topic. Rules are made here so there would be no clutter.
are you seriously telling us to stop helping newcomers?

you're not a mod here.
No i am not telling you that at all. I am telling you that there is a place for that that its created by mods or you brains cannot understand that?
well firstly, it wasnt created by the mods because mods cant create forums.

secondly, the correct procedure for dealing with a thread in the wrong place is to report it to the mods.

I guess your 'brains' cannot understand that?

telling people not to respond to newbie topics makes you the 'f**king dick', not people helping out.
Im telling this to people who always responds to those threads (they know who they are). And again you clearly misinterpretating. Im not suggesting NOT TO HELP. Dont get butthurt where you shouldnt.

Robmobius wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Well said, the guys an utter moron.
As an native english speaker you clearly are yourself a moron if you cant understand by the context what is being said. And im not an english speaker. Jeee so much trouble over nothing.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:20 pm I think he's saying newbies should post in the proper forum that was made specifically for them. Gotta agree.... :shrug:
Exactly that.

Sorry for calling names, but when you see same people always responding in instruments to same newbie questions over and over again it does look like they also dont g*ve a f like the beginners do :)

Every one was a new member once. New members makes mistakes and they doesn't know everything. Life goes on
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

We're all morons in the bigger picture and if there is an afterlife or outside greater reality we should all look back at what a fool we've been after all has come to a conclusion. Let's just try to remember that and be nice and have a kiss. *smooch*
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:42 pmIm telling this to people who always responds to those threads (they know who they are). And again you clearly misinterpretating. Im not suggesting NOT TO HELP. Dont get butthurt where you shouldnt.
Its not your place to do that. The procedure if a thread is in the wrong place is to contact a moderator, not abitrarily decide youre in charge of who posts what.

If you wont follow procedure, you're even more in the wrong than some newb who doesnt know any better because clearly you're posturing as though you do.

My tip for the OP: if you need to gain some experience I would suggest taking a brief look at some free software like OBXD and a few other top-of-class. You'll then learn what's good and what there is to bother you about them, and this will enlighten you with regard to what to expect from commercial software.

Jumping head-first into "buying a synth" is just leading down the sad lonely road of G-A-S where you keep buying more and more gear to make up for what's missing in your life: your soul.

edit: I added to the post rather than just adding a separate post and I'm chopping out the stuff I ranted on about.
Last edited by aciddose on Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

I agree with SynthMaster One for a starter synth. One layer, single screen, not too complicated, relatively cheap, and great sounds out of the box.

Bang for the buck factor is high with this one! :tu:
http://www.synthmaster.com/synthmasterone.aspx
Windows 10 and too many plugins

aciddose wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:06 pm My tip for the OP: if you need to gain some experience I would suggest taking a brief look at some free software like OBXD and a few other top-of-class. You'll then learn what's good and what there is to bother you about them, and this will enlighten you with regard to what to expect from commercial software.

Jumping head-first into "buying a synth" is just leading down the sad lonely road of G-A-S where you keep buying more and more gear to make up for what's missing in your life: your soul.

id agree with this, there are many great free synths out there to cut your teeth on, then when you know what you're looking for, you can spend money wisely.

A bit ranty, but:

Another tip is that it is common to make the mistake thinking that gear will provide "solutions". That isn't what an instrument does. With guitars there is definitely a huge difference between a good and proper instrument, cables and amps in that they stay in tune, don't wear out too quickly and don't suffer from hum and noise as much.

In software we have similar issues but not so much on the "works correctly" side. In software things pretty much work correctly right away. Any digital recording is automatically capable of producing absolutely any sound, that's just how it works. So what you have to look at isn't quite the same. At the same time as much as aesthetics or "feel" play a part, in software ultimately you can't feel anything and it'll work the same if you close your eyes. So the issues tend to be a lot more practical.

With all instruments but particularly synthesizers you need to be mindful of the fact that what you know and how you use the gear/instrument play a much larger part than the gear/instrument itself once you deal with the basic "it doesn't work" issues. People have a tendency to place a lot of blame ("externalization") on outside factors when most of the time the truth is not so simple: all those rationalizations are simplifications for a reality that is honestly just very complicated and tangled up in an impossible to unravel mess.

Don't get yourself caught up in a knot trying to untie things by searching for that "one magical solution to everything" because it doesn't exist, it's a figment of your imagination and not part of reality itself. You need to focus on what you need and want and your own personal growth before you pick tools that accommodate your needs.

This is why asking others "what is the best all in one" is a clear indication you're thinking in a wrong-headed way about the whole process. You're going butt-first! We're made with eyes in the front of our head so we can see the path forward.

Ultimately your path is one YOU choose, so you really need to look inward to identify which is the right path for you. If you ask others they'll only be able to share the path they are on, but not help you to pick your own. If you pick a path based upon what others say is it really yours? So my advice is gain some experience and learn before you make such decisions. Freeware is a great way to make this much more accessible.

Yeah, I wouldnt go for an 'all in one' as a starting point either. Learning a couple of 'fundamental' type synths, and using layering etc in your DAW to make more complex sounds might be a better way to get going.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”