Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks 8)

Any links to zinio BDay40 code? Tried it on zinio not working for me (US Store)
Thanks !

joniqwest wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:25 am Any links to zinio BDay40 code? Tried it on zinio not working for me (US Store)
Thanks !
I think it's expired... Yesterday when I used it in the morning, there was a timer on the website says it was valid for about 8 more hours.
Trance, Trance Is Life

hhuang9611 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:07 am
joniqwest wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:25 am Any links to zinio BDay40 code? Tried it on zinio not working for me (US Store)
Thanks !
I think it's expired... Yesterday when I used it in the morning, there was a timer on the website says it was valid for about 8 more hours.
Thanks !

mgw38 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:26 pm In light of the recent release of the new EastWest Voices of Opera, it deserves being mentioned that EastWest currently also have a 30% off sale on annual ComposerCloud X subscriptions. Regular subscriptions are now 19.99 per month, educational subscriptions are 9.99 a month (with an annual commitment).

I know that subscriptions are not particularly popular in this crowd, but consider this: I joined about a year ago on an educational plan and since I joined they have already added three new libraries. I think that is quite a value for the 15 bucks I am paying per month.
I love the idea of subscriptions, and was curious if there was a set end date for the promotional price? I tried looking on their Facebook and Twitter for info about the deal, but nada.

Open a support ticket on their web site with their sales team. They usually respond within a business day.

I did ask the same question because I was considering to switch from my educational subscription to the regular one in case I wanted to do anything commercial. But they came back to me pointing out that you can actually use an educational subscription for commercial projects, so no need to switch and no need to think about the end date.

Quite unusual and very customer friendly way of handling educational licenses.
Asuyuka wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:50 am
mgw38 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:26 pm In light of the recent release of the new EastWest Voices of Opera, it deserves being mentioned that EastWest currently also have a 30% off sale on annual ComposerCloud X subscriptions. Regular subscriptions are now 19.99 per month, educational subscriptions are 9.99 a month (with an annual commitment).

I know that subscriptions are not particularly popular in this crowd, but consider this: I joined about a year ago on an educational plan and since I joined they have already added three new libraries. I think that is quite a value for the 15 bucks I am paying per month.
I love the idea of subscriptions, and was curious if there was a set end date for the promotional price? I tried looking on their Facebook and Twitter for info about the deal, but nada.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:52 pm Open a support ticket on their web site with their sales team. They usually respond within a business day.

I did ask the same question because I was considering to switch from my educational subscription to the regular one in case I wanted to do anything commercial. But they came back to me pointing out that you can actually use an educational subscription for commercial projects, so no need to switch and no need to think about the end date.

Asuyuka wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:50 am
mgw38 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:26 pm ...
Not a bad idea. Really quite open of them, though. :)

I am trying their stuff out now, though. I'll probably open a support ticket if I like what I see.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:52 pm Open a support ticket on their web site with their sales team. They usually respond within a business day.

Now that's interesting. If you get the discounted subscription rate, does it renew at that discounted rate or the usual student rate?

shidostrife wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pm Now that's interesting. If you get the discounted subscription rate, does it renew at that discounted rate or the usual student rate?
Not sure, you might want to ask them. The only thing I know is that you do need to resubmit your educational verification every year.

shidostrife wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pmNow that's interesting. If you get the discounted subscription rate, does it renew at that discounted rate or the usual student rate?
Highly unlikely that it will renew at a lower rate. The main purpose of these deals is to get people hooked into the subscription model.
Last edited by agharta on Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No harm in asking :hihi:

Grabbed the current deal. Let's see if I learn enough to renew next year.

The standard version of VIP comes free with various pieces of hardware. It is not uncommon that people have multiple copies that they sell for a few bucks.
krabbencutter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:24 pm
OneOfManyPauls wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:38 pm fwiw, vip standard seems to be perpetually available in the user threads for $9:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=506279
axembler wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 pm
5$ here:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=522103&p=7355202#p7355202
Individual sales from private users are not relevant for this thread and if you want to discuss them please use the discussion thread.

I thought it was very relevant. Thanks oneofmanypauls for that tip. That's an even better bargain.

It was not relevant in the thread it was moved from, aka the no chat thread. It is relevant in this thread.

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I certainly encourage people to find the best deals they can, and Marketplace can be awesome for that, much more so than external vendors. And I understand that the reason it popped regarding this deal is because there are cheap licenses floating around as a result of hardware bundling. As a matter of fact, that's how I got a license for Cubase LE, which is going to give me a $50 discount if I quit dithering about upgrading to Cubase Elements.

That said, if we compare every external deal with a listing in Marketplace, especially if sellers here come in to try to undercut prices, the Deals Only thread and this one are going to get extremely messy. Just... do your homework, I guess... And if you have a specific lust for a particular piece of software, you can always post a WTB in Marketplace and see what happens. :D

Though, come to think of it, it might be interesting to have some inventory on those sorts of licenses, expecially for newbs who haven't obsessed about this for a decade or so. Including unused licenses from DAW bundles and such. As an example, I have probably three or four licenses for Melodyne Essential from buying too damn many DAWS.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”