Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Fleer
KVRAF
4197 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:15 pm

This ain’t no kids’ stuff, KK 8)

ErBen
KVRist
74 posts since 2 Jul, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:09 am

Is Regroover any good? There's a promo these days but I'm not sure whether to bite or not.

fold4
KVRist
55 posts since 2 Jan, 2019

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:57 am

I have the more limited Regroover Essential version which was given away at one point. Have barely used it. Not because it's not good but because I never remember I have it.

Based on the number of times per year they offer me a discounted upgrade (below the usual upgrade price) I suspect it's regularly on sale.

Why not try the demo?

cptgone
KVRAF
4919 posts since 1 Aug, 2003

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:49 am

v1o wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:08 am
Anyone know how is the Zinio reader compared to the SOS reader? Also can you access back issues?
Does Zinio require mobile, or does it allow access to PC users over web? I don't wanna read on my phone...

kitekrazy
KVRist
241 posts since 26 Oct, 2002

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:36 am

cptgone wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:49 am
v1o wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:08 am
Anyone know how is the Zinio reader compared to the SOS reader? Also can you access back issues?
Does Zinio require mobile, or does it allow access to PC users over web? I don't wanna read on my phone...
Both.

cptgone
KVRAF
4919 posts since 1 Aug, 2003

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:41 am

Thanks 8)

joniqwest
KVRer
16 posts since 14 Jan, 2009

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Any links to zinio BDay40 code? Tried it on zinio not working for me (US Store)
Thanks !

hhuang9611
KVRian
589 posts since 1 Mar, 2018 from USA

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:07 pm

joniqwest wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:25 pm
Thanks !
I think it's expired... Yesterday when I used it in the morning, there was a timer on the website says it was valid for about 8 more hours.
Trance, Trance Is Life

joniqwest
KVRer
16 posts since 14 Jan, 2009

Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:18 am

hhuang9611 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:07 pm
joniqwest wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:25 pm
Thanks !
I think it's expired... Yesterday when I used it in the morning, there was a timer on the website says it was valid for about 8 more hours.
Thanks !

Asuyuka
KVRist
409 posts since 27 Apr, 2006

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:50 am

mgw38 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:26 pm
In light of the recent release of the new EastWest Voices of Opera, it deserves being mentioned that EastWest currently also have a 30% off sale on annual ComposerCloud X subscriptions. Regular subscriptions are now 19.99 per month, educational subscriptions are 9.99 a month (with an annual commitment).

I know that subscriptions are not particularly popular in this crowd, but consider this: I joined about a year ago on an educational plan and since I joined they have already added three new libraries. I think that is quite a value for the 15 bucks I am paying per month.
I love the idea of subscriptions, and was curious if there was a set end date for the promotional price? I tried looking on their Facebook and Twitter for info about the deal, but nada.

mgw38
KVRAF
1545 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:52 am

Open a support ticket on their web site with their sales team. They usually respond within a business day.

I did ask the same question because I was considering to switch from my educational subscription to the regular one in case I wanted to do anything commercial. But they came back to me pointing out that you can actually use an educational subscription for commercial projects, so no need to switch and no need to think about the end date.

Quite unusual and very customer friendly way of handling educational licenses.
Asuyuka wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:50 am
mgw38 wrote:
In light of the recent release of the new EastWest Voices of Opera, it deserves being mentioned that EastWest currently also have a 30% off sale on annual ComposerCloud X subscriptions. Regular subscriptions are now 19.99 per month, educational subscriptions are 9.99 a month (with an annual commitment).

I know that subscriptions are not particularly popular in this crowd, but consider this: I joined about a year ago on an educational plan and since I joined they have already added three new libraries. I think that is quite a value for the 15 bucks I am paying per month.
I love the idea of subscriptions, and was curious if there was a set end date for the promotional price? I tried looking on their Facebook and Twitter for info about the deal, but nada.

Asuyuka
KVRist
409 posts since 27 Apr, 2006

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:07 am

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:52 am
Open a support ticket on their web site with their sales team. They usually respond within a business day.

I did ask the same question because I was considering to switch from my educational subscription to the regular one in case I wanted to do anything commercial. But they came back to me pointing out that you can actually use an educational subscription for commercial projects, so no need to switch and no need to think about the end date.

Asuyuka wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:50 am
mgw38 wrote:
Not a bad idea. Really quite open of them, though. :)

I am trying their stuff out now, though. I'll probably open a support ticket if I like what I see.

shidostrife
KVRian
587 posts since 22 Nov, 2016 from Tokyo, Japan

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:08 am

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:52 am

Now that's interesting. If you get the discounted subscription rate, does it renew at that discounted rate or the usual student rate?

mgw38
KVRAF
1545 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:50 am

shidostrife wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:08 am
Now that's interesting. If you get the discounted subscription rate, does it renew at that discounted rate or the usual student rate?
Not sure, you might want to ask them. The only thing I know is that you do need to resubmit your educational verification every year.

agharta
KVRist
176 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:39 am

shidostrife wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:08 am
Highly unlikely that it will renew at a lower rate. The main purpose of these deals is to get people hooked into the subscription model.
Last edited by agharta on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”