It's Q2! Any news on Hive 2?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sorry i didn't make myself clear enough
Last edited by addijhaq on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:38 pm
addijhaq wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:30 pm Silly question, but will there be introductory pricing for v2? Or should I purchase now and not have to worry..
If you purchase now, there is no cost for you for v2
right.. but what i'm asking if there will be a discounted price with v2 release.... ie waiting for a couple more weeks will mean that there will be something like "25% off regular pricing for first 2 weeks"

addijhaq wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:05 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:38 pm
addijhaq wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:30 pm Silly question, but will there be introductory pricing for v2? Or should I purchase now and not have to worry..
If you purchase now, there is no cost for you for v2
right.. but what i'm asking if there will be a discounted price with v2 release.... ie waiting for a couple more weeks will mean that there will be something like "25% off regular pricing for first 2 weeks"
I doubt it... U-he only offers an introductory price on brand new products.

Well, they did one for Hive 1.2.

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:08 pm Well, they did one for Hive 1.2.
Ahhh... then maybe they will do it again...

Hehehe, no, we won't do an intro offer for Hive 2.

When we rolled out the update to Hive 1.2, we did an intro offer - but we also said that Hive 2.0 would be in the works and that the upgrade will cost about the same as the savings from the offer. So while it was an offer technically, it really was an early grace period to the 2.0 upgrade.

Urs wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:51 pm Hehehe, no, we won't do an intro offer for Hive 2.

When we rolled out the update to Hive 1.2, we did an intro offer - but we also said that Hive 2.0 would be in the works and that the upgrade will cost about the same as the savings from the offer. So while it was an offer technically, it really was an early grace period to the 2.0 upgrade.
Thanks for clearing that up Urs! looking forward to 2.0!

People are spoiled these days with almost every digital good on the very 1st day sold with high "discount" (waves, just saw arturia 3 comps 69 instead of 199 ect). I can imagine it also ruins a bit buisiness for other developers.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:12 am People are spoiled these days with almost every digital good on the very 1st day sold with high "discount" (waves, just saw arturia 3 comps 69 instead of 199 ect). I can imagine it also ruins a bit buisiness for other developers.
I think people can see the difference between a company which is marketing driven and a one that is development driven.

That said, sales work. Some companies deploy them in a resposible way, others less so. I think that companies with predatory marketing strategies are piling up more cholesterol in their own arteries than they impose on others. At some point no-one buys for full price anymore, their stock becomes thrift.

Urs wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:34 am
their stock becomes thrift.
You say that like its a bad thing :) Everyone is thrifty. In other markets, players that can
afford it, will often produce multiple competing products to capitalize on this concept.

Personally, I think it a mistake to assume that the same mechanics would not apply to any market.

Just sayin...

I'm not against thrift per se, but some of these practices are pretty ridiculous actually, since their „normal asking price“ is not seldomly above „common market prices“ by quite a bit, even those of other larger businesses. When they release those plugins for bargain bin prices on regular basis, maybe their plugins aren't actually more worth then let's say $29 - $90 and their $250+ standard prices are nothing more than a showoff that their products must be something more special/professional than those who sell competetive products for half the price, or less. Some people may buy things at any price anyway, but imo such sales are more making fun of loyal customers than doing something good to mankind when they sell out their „$10.000 worth ultra professional tools(tm)“ for just $29 for a day
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:57 am I'm not against thrift per se, but some of these practices are pretty ridiculous actually, since their „normal asking price“ is not seldomly above „common market prices“ by quite a bit, even those of other larger businesses. When they release those plugins for bargain bin prices on regular basis, maybe their plugins aren't actually more worth then let's say $29 - $90 and their $250+ standard prices are nothing more than a showoff that their products must be something more special/professional than those who sell competetive products for half the price, or less. Some people may buy things at any price anyway, but imo such sales are more making fun of loyal customers than doing something good to mankind when they sell out their „$10.000 worth ultra professional tools(tm)“ for just $29 for a day
That is exactly what I meant.

Sales work, and giving something a ridiculous "$250 normal price" means people are being scammed into thinking the sales price isn't the normal price, when in fact, $29 or so it is.

This practice is of course prohibited within the EU.

I assume we're talking about Plugin Alliance and their delusional list prices. It worked on me....once. I recently purchased the bx_rooms reverb for $9 which lists for a silly $199.

After using the reverb for awhile I came to the conclusion that I wasted $9. It's the worst reverb I've ever paid for (I didn't even bother to demo since I thought no matter what it's got to be worth $9.... I was wrong).

So Plugin Alliance suckered $9 out of me but won't likely ever get another penny from me so are they really ahead of the game ?

Stupid high list prices for weak products and silly low sales prices may work once but I don't think it's a good long term strategy. But maybe there are enough suckers in the world like me to make it work.

Release high quality products for a fair price and you'll likely have me as a life long customer. Just as U-He has done. No need for marketing douche baggery........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well, it's not an exclusive scheme. I'd prefer not to point fingers at specific companies in our forum (otherwise I'd have done it) :)

Teksonik wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:36 am I assume we're talking about Plugin Alliance and their delusional list prices. It worked on me....once. I recently purchased the bx_rooms reverb for $9 which lists for a silly $199.

After using the reverb for awhile I came to the conclusion that I wasted $9. It's the worst reverb I've ever paid for (I didn't even bother to demo since I thought no matter what it's got to be worth $9.... I was wrong).

So Plugin Alliance suckered $9 out of me but won't likely ever get another penny from me so are they really ahead of the game ?

Stupid high list prices for weak products and silly low sales prices may work once but I don't think it's a good long term strategy. But maybe there are enough suckers in the world like me to make it work.

Release high quality products for a fair price and you'll likely have me as a life long customer. Just as U-He has done. No need for marketing douche baggery........
Just because bx_rooMS is not that good (it's developed by a 3rd party if I remember right), don't make the mistake to call all their products 'weak'. Some of them are pretty damn good.

(Sorry for the off-topic.)

Return to “u-he”