It's Q2! Any news on Hive 2?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:58 am This practice is of course prohibited within the EU.
What is forbidden?

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:30 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:58 am This practice is of course prohibited within the EU.
What is forbidden?
Using a "Mondpreis" to make a product look very precious while it is "on sale" most of the time.

e@rs wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:21 pm Just because bx_rooMS is not that good (it's developed by a 3rd party if I remember right)
Whose name is on the plugin ? It's called bx_rooms so if you put your name on it.....I think you can figure the rest out.

It may well be that the other bx plugins are "pretty damn good" but based on bx_rooms and the weak free Rockrack and CleanSweep plugins I see no motivation whatsoever to try any of their other overpriced plugins. Too many other options available, a fact that PA doesn't seem to understand.

Plugins that are "pretty damn good" and list for $200 plus rarely need to be sold for $9 or $29. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Urs wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:08 pm
What is forbidden?
Using a "Mondpreis" to make a product look very precious while it is "on sale" most of the time.
OK. Never heard of that. I wonder how they want to distinguish though. As you know, for example, telecommunication companies here take 19,90/month in the first one or two years, and then raise the price to 39,90 after that. Not quite the same thing, but, similarly blurring.

What is forbidden?
I can't comment on the legality of such actions especially here in the U.S. where businesses are allowed to do just about anything no matter how despicable to generate profits but I can tell you just from one user's viewpoint the practice is off putting and likely to lose them more sales than it gains. :shrug:

Anyway long live Hive 2....can't wait to get my grubby hands on it. I plan to purchase the upgrade without even demoing it since I know U-he doesn't need to play games. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:13 pm
What is forbidden?
I can't comment on the legality of such actions especially here in the U.S. where businesses are allowed to do just about anything no matter how despicable to generate profits but I can tell you just from one user's viewpoint the practice is off putting and likely to lose them more sales than it gains. :shrug:
Considering how well Waves are doing, i don't know if that's really the case.

Don't get me wrong, i also find it a bit ridiculous to take $29, and list a "normal" price or $329, but, i take it for what it is, and, it also makes me rather shake my head that people get triggered by that. Sort of a chicken/egg kind of thing. They wouldn't do it if there weren't people who are happy to pay less than 1/10. ;)

It’s also software, an intangible good. I doubt they could make a case proving that the value has been inflated illegally. At least, anyone selling intellectual property such as software better hope so.

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:23 pm i take it for what it is, and, it also makes me rather shake my head that people get triggered by that. Sort of a chicken/egg kind of thing.
I'm shaking my head at why what I think about PA and their douche baggery triggered you. :lol:
chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:23 pmThey wouldn't do it if there weren't people who are happy to pay less than 1/10. ;)
We call them "Marks" here in Vegas. Other places they are called "suckers". :wink:

It's not necessarily legal in the US, the FTC has guidelines around it, but seldom ever enforces them, usually relying on the states or consumers to file suit. This article did a decent job getting into it:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consum ... ys-n366676

The key word in that article is "trick". If you base your business model on "tricking" people then I'll do business with someone else. :shrug:

Anyway enough of PA's distasteful practices is Hive 2 going to drop today ? :wheee:

Teksonik wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:54 pmis Hive 2 going to drop today ? :wheee:
not a chance...

pekbro wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 pm It’s also software, an intangible good. I doubt they could make a case proving that the value has been inflated illegally. At least, anyone selling intellectual property such as software better hope so.
It may be an intangible product, but it is not free of value. Free replication and thus endless supply does not automatically inflate the market to infinite demand. So people likely need to price those goods in relation to the cost of production and maintenance vs. its potential customer base.

Anyhow, I think the rule of thumb for the law I mentioned is 50% in Germany. As long as a product is priced "normal price" 183 days a year, one can mark it down as much as one wants during the rest of the year. But that's just what I think to remember. We don't have the problem, so I don't need to know for sure.

Urs wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 pm
pekbro wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 pm It’s also software, an intangible good. I doubt they could make a case proving that the value has been inflated illegally. At least, anyone selling intellectual property such as software better hope so.
It may be an intangible product, but it is not free of value. Free replication and thus endless supply does not automatically inflate the market to infinite demand. So people likely need to price those goods in relation to the cost of production and maintenance vs. its potential customer base.

Anyhow, I think the rule of thumb for the law I mentioned is 50% in Germany. As long as a product is priced "normal price" 183 days a year, one can mark it down as much as one wants during the rest of the year. But that's just what I think to remember. We don't have the problem, so I don't need to know for sure.
Well that's good then, you definitely don't want anyone making legal judgments as to the value
of software. Your legal system seems a bit more reasonable than ours, I am somewhat envious.
Only somewhat though, as sadly, many of the flaws in my own countries system can be strategically
desirable at times. As horrifying as that sounds... :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:07 pm
e@rs wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:21 pm Just because bx_rooMS is not that good (it's developed by a 3rd party if I remember right)
Whose name is on the plugin ? It's called bx_rooms so if you put your name on it.....I think you can figure the rest out.
Fiedler Audio; but yeah, I get what you mean. That's why I don't take PA as granted and demo each of their offerings.
Teksonik wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:07 pm It may well be that the other bx plugins are "pretty damn good" but based on bx_rooms and the weak free Rockrack and CleanSweep plugins I see no motivation whatsoever to try any of their other overpriced plugins. Too many other options available, a fact that PA doesn't seem to understand.
I understand, I didn't like those either. But try MetricAB, bx_console N, VSC-2, VSM-3 and HG-2. :wink:
Teksonik wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:07 pm Plugins that are "pretty damn good" and list for $200 plus rarely need to be sold for $9 or $29. :wink:
The ones I called 'pretty damn good' weren't on sale for $9 or $29 (yet :hihi: ). They usually have them at $49-69.

(Off-topic end. I won't continue with this.)

Well if any more beta testers are needed I am pretty much ready to never leave my screen once I get my hands on this beast of an update.

Return to “u-he”