Mulab 8:This is by far the best timestretch algo of all DAWs!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's definitely a huge difference, but I'd love to hear the same sample stretched with other algorithms too so that it can be a comparison between what is available in all DAWs
Sweet child in time...

Those examples are impressive, the difference is clearly noticeable even through the macbook speakers.
I rarely need stretching, but now I'd like to hear a comparison with other algorithms (also at less extreme settings, where the differences may be less noticeable - but still important).
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:53 am I think most DAWs use the zplane algorithm. So if this is better than that, then it's better than ''all'' the others.
Digital Performer uses ZTX.

http://admiralbumblebee.com/music/2019/ ... tique.html

_al_ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:25 am Thanks Trancit!
You just earned him 99 euros, and found me an awesome sample mangler :tu:
I got a copy for myself too... enjoy :tu:

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 am
Aloysius wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:53 am I think most DAWs use the zplane algorithm. So if this is better than that, then it's better than ''all'' the others.

I don´t know ZTX algo´s but for my understanding elastic pro´s are the state of the art and available in nearly every DAW...
MuLab´s timestretch especially for drums for me blows it so much out of the water that they left this universe if you understand what I mean...
My example is of course overdone by far as this isn´t really what you mostly do with drums but I was so fanscinated how it still sounds like hihats and percussion with these extreme settings while the other completely destroyed the original character and transients...

I didn´t tried the pitchshifting till now but from what I´ve seen in the vid it sounds great too

for me ircam labTS sounds better but mulab 8 has a daw fonction.
peace and love for all.

Logic, reason and bitwig are using different stretch algo iirc.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 am

What about Reason? I remember it's stretching algo was very good (above most IIRC)

wow, impressive indeed! :o
I really, really hope they'll license this so we can use it in other DAWs... would love to use it in Reaper! :love:

tooneba wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:33 am Logic, reason and bitwig are using different stretch algo iirc.
- Logic... I don´t know
- Bitwig has recently licensed the elastic pros as their own ones sound shitty and are just suitable for experimental stuff
- Reason has their home made one, which isn´t bad neither... but on drums no comparison to the Mulab one...

Reaper has Rubber Band implemented (amongst others) which is also said to be quite good.
A comparison with the new Mulab algo could be interesting.

No_Use wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:54 am Reaper has Rubber Band implemented (amongst others) which is also said to be quite good.
Forget it at least for drums... it´s ten time worse than elastic pro... it preserves the first transient and smears all the rest... and this with settings "Transient > Crisp"

Trancit wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:01 am
No_Use wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:54 am Reaper has Rubber Band implemented (amongst others) which is also said to be quite good.
Forget it at least for drums... it´s ten time worse than elastic pro... it preserves the first transient and smears all the rest... and this with settings "Transient > Crisp"
Hm, if it was total crap I think Justin (Reaper dev) wouldn't have spent the license fee to implement it. :P
But I'll compare myself at some point (just no time currently...)

No_Use wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:35 am Hm, if it was total crap I think Justin (Reaper dev) wouldn't have spent the license fee to implement it. :P
But I'll compare myself at some point (just no time currently...)
As I said... for drums it´s far worse but perhaps good on other stuff... don´t know...

I rarely use timestretch, however I agree Mulab has something special -- there's nothing out there like it that I've heard.

I'm buying the DAW for that alone, for half the price of some outdated sample library or janky plugin, I'll get another DAW to play with and focus my time-stretch efforts there.
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”