bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

abernathy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:21 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:09 pm There is a global efx switch ... although I agree with most of your observations.

abernathy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:15 pm OK, I've changed my mind about this synth. After spending more time with it I realize it is the presets and certain effects that don't work for me. Half (or more?) of the presets use the Air Band effect which sounds awful to me - take a nice warm sound and make it overly bright, shrill (and modern?). I think the reverb takes away from most presets as well - this reverb doesn't sound good at all to me. Strange to me how the beautiful "analog" sound of this synth is obliterated by the harsh effects.

There are a lot of beautiful presets hidden in there if you turn off the effects (at least Air Band, Reverb, and Metal). I really wish this had a global effects switch like Repro (one of my favorite features).

Global effects bypass and a lower price would sell me on this. Crazy over-priced IMO.
What I meant was a global effects bypass that keeps effects turned off even when you switch presets. Repro may be unique with this feature.
There is such a feature. With right mouseclick you can lock every parameter of the synth. You can also bypass FX an lock it.

GarLander wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:36 am
abernathy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:21 pm What I meant was a global effects bypass that keeps effects turned off even when you switch presets. Repro may be unique with this feature.
There is such a feature. With right mouseclick you can lock every parameter of the synth. You can also bypass FX an lock it.
Its also by no means unique.

For instance z3ta+ (V1) had it from early on:

Rightclick FX button, it starts to blink, denoting state = disabled

(And disabled in this case really means disabled, i.e. the disabled state persists even upon loading an entirely new bank from the harddrive.)

Pretty sure its still the same in z3ta+2 too. Also pretty sure that i saw it in other synths as well, but maybe not persisting upon bank load.

bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

It crash landed here.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:46 am It crash landed here.
You have to train more with "Extreme Landings" :lol:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s&hl=en_US
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:12 pm
Aloysius wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:46 am It crash landed here.
You have to train more with "Extreme Landings" :lol:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s&hl=en_US
Have you disabled stabiliser trim?

Elektronisch wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:40 pm Still playing with this until trial period lets me. And this is definatly one of the best sounding software synths to me. Every time i play it, the sound gives me hardware like quality sound. That thickness and clarity. Its really on par with Repros.
I said that from the beginning, definitely on par with Monark, Diva, RePro, and the likes.

plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:44 pm
mholloway wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:28 pm well I played with the demo a lot....

FWIW, here's my opinion to throw on the pile here: [snip...]
Agreed on all counts. I can buy it for $24 with my vouchers. However I am going to hold off until the end of the month just in case something else comes up. I have all the synths I need at this point and there is no need to rush to get it. My demo period isn't up either.

More generally, something has gone "wrong" at PA. I can target it to just before Ulrich moved to the US. Not sure what the problem is, but the pre 2018 PA is not what it is now. At least they still have a strong contingent of fan bois on facebook to give them the illusion they are still doing a good job.

alas..... :dog: :phones:
I’ve only been using PA since 2018 & have been loving it more & more (granted plenty of plugins I’ve bought are pre-2018, but somehow I’ve rack up about 30), I’ve loved most everything they’ve put out the last 1-2 years (ssl 400 e/g, townhouse, IRON, black box, LTL, Thorn-yes-it’s-not-new) TMT in various plugins...all good stuff (plus vouchers & watching sales of course...it’s been a steal for me, time & time again).

This bx_Oberhausen: I guess it comes down to what you’re looking for. The analog-emulation is quite good as usual....but the presets never sound like they’re making a statement...they’re just kinda there-with-variations. When I just want to blast & play, it’s not the one. I’m sure I’ll make use of it (since I got it for $24...hell yes I bought it)...but it’ll take some time.

If you’re an actual keyboard player & like Stranger Things & Duran Duran “Save a Prayer” synths....I’d say this is more your type.

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:51 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:40 pm Still playing with this until trial period lets me. And this is definatly one of the best sounding software synths to me. Every time i play it, the sound gives me hardware like quality sound. That thickness and clarity. Its really on par with Repros.
I said that from the beginning, definitely on par with Monark, Diva, RePro, and the likes.
After some testing i would say also it is on a DIVA level but not on a Repro, The Legend and far from a P900 level :D
It is a good sounding synth for sure. But the FX are so O.K. only for my taste and without FX it is "just" another good sounding synth but not on par with the better (for my personal taste) but still cost way more.
Would be a no brainer for me at half the price maybe.

One problem for me is the lack of poly unison. There are some synths that have poly unison, so I was expecting this would too.

Legend and Repro are the same way - unison takes up a voice so you can't play unison chords.

SiliconDeath wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 am One problem for me is the lack of poly unison. There are some synths that have poly unison, so I was expecting this would too.
Have you seen the CPU Usage? I don't think any reasonable CPU core would withstand more than 2 voices of unison.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:34 am
SiliconDeath wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 am One problem for me is the lack of poly unison. There are some synths that have poly unison, so I was expecting this would too.
Have you seen the CPU Usage? I don't think any reasonable CPU core would withstand more than 2 voices of unison.
Maybe, but there are synths that can do it fine without massive CPU use.

SiliconDeath wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:44 am
masterhiggins wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:34 am
Maybe, but there are synths that can do it fine without massive CPU use.
True. I was referring specifically to Oberhausen. That thing is a cpu killer

Anyone has figure out how to ininstall this one with all resource files on Windows 10? it doesnt have uninstaller and manual doesnt say anything

Elektronisch wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:49 am Anyone has figure out how to ininstall this one with all resource files on Windows 10? it doesnt have uninstaller and manual doesnt say anything
You have to do it manually (had the same problem) :?
https://support.plugin-alliance.com/sup ... n-windows-

Return to “Instruments”