MModernCompressor Meter

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Starship Krupa
KVRist
66 posts since 13 Sep, 2014

Post Wed May 15, 2019 2:33 am

Yes, I love MCompressor. I'm fond of saying that if I had nothing but MCompressor and MEqualizer to work with I could do a respectable job of mixing a song.

I think MCompressor supports multiparameters once it's upgraded, which would make it even more versatile.

I made this request because I started to find myself reaching for MCompressor instead of MModernCompressor even though I know that MModern sounds better because of the detector. I just like that meter so much!

MeldaProduction
KVRAF
11090 posts since 15 Mar, 2008 from Czech republic

Re: MModernCompressor Meter

Post Wed May 15, 2019 6:31 am

Svama wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 am
After reading Vojtechs statement about mmoderncompressor I’m really disappointed. People bought this plugin because of the automatic features, but if it doesn’t work that great, it feels like a Bluff package. Vojtech should invest time in make it work or stop selling it, cause where is added value towards mcompressor?
For me „intelligent“ (KI) compressor would be part of the mixing revolution.
It's not that it doesn't work well, it's just that people are used to a different workflow and are scared of learning something new. But to be honest, I don't use it either, I just use my ears for everything so...
Vojtech - MeldaProduction

sirmonkey
KVRist
149 posts since 26 Sep, 2014

Post Wed May 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Regarding what Svama wrote, I have to mention that all Melda plugins have a 2-week, fully functioning trial. It is really not fair or reasonable to call something a "Bluff package" when the user has 2 full weeks to try it out, with no risk at all.

Svama
KVRian
758 posts since 23 Sep, 2008 from Germany

Post Wed May 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Overall we don’t have to talk about the quality of melda plugins. These are excellent, but for a not so well experienced user it’s hard to decide if the quality is okay or great. For myself I try to get always the best for my signals, but I don’t use Mmoderncompressor. Maybe I should try it myself and Vojtech didn’t expressed the right way. I think he is a perfectionist and I was really surprised about his words. Or I’ve misunderstood.

MeldaProduction
KVRAF

Post Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 am

Thanks guys! THe thing about MModernCompressor is that it is a specific subsection of MDynamics plus the dynamics analysis. Since people don't seem to care about the dynamics analysis, I'd go with MDynamics or MTurboComp, these are the 2 I use. MTurboComp for that kind of mojo thing and MDynamics for more scientific, controlled and transparent compression (or gating etc..).

steve2KVR
KVRian
613 posts since 2 May, 2015

Post Thu May 16, 2019 5:12 am

...mmmmm...not so sure about "don't seem to care about the dynamics analysis," for me the graph itself is the most valuable/revealing feature. I find the histogram reveals a very unique "view" of the dynamic "finger print" of the situation at hand...after that I'm more or less an MDmb kind'a guy. I would like to have the "histogram" view added/available in the other compressors :love:...hth.../s~
mbp13/2011e | 2.7ghz.i7dc | 16gig.ram | 512ssd | osx10.12.6 | logic10.4.4 | reaper5.965/64 | focusrite.2i2 | parallels/win7/win10

MeldaProduction
KVRAF

Post Thu May 16, 2019 5:31 am

Well, you are probably in the minority, the great minority! ;)
Histogram, low priority, neverending todo list and neverending supply of FRs :D

steve2KVR
KVRian
613 posts since 2 May, 2015

Post Thu May 16, 2019 5:35 am

...I have total faith, brother, total faith... :D
mbp13/2011e | 2.7ghz.i7dc | 16gig.ram | 512ssd | osx10.12.6 | logic10.4.4 | reaper5.965/64 | focusrite.2i2 | parallels/win7/win10

Starship Krupa
KVRist
66 posts since 13 Sep, 2014

Post Thu May 16, 2019 6:31 pm

I'm really happy that this thread has gone on for a while. I was expecting it to fizzle out.

What I have gotten from it so far:

Some Meldaproduction users, including me, think the MCompressor meter view is incredibly useful. But since MModernCompressor is not a big seller, Vojtech can't put resources to giving it the MCompressor meter view.

Several people, including me, have struggled to make sense of the histogram view in MModern, while others (a minority) find it so useful they would like to have it in every Meldaproduction compressor.

Everybody who has spoken up so far has said that the automatic compression settings have seldom or never yielded useful results.

Based on this, I have two requests/suggestions.

Since MModernCompressor is a feature subset of MDynamics, could there be an upgrade path from MModernCompressor to MDynamics like there is from MDynamicEQ to MAutoDynamicEQ?

For those like steve2KVR who love the histogram, I ask, for the possible benefit of someone like me who doesn't understand how to apply the information that it gives, could you try to explain it for us?

Return to “MeldaProduction”