Ableton Live 10.1 now in Beta

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

PieBerger wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:14 am
metaside wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am Is this finally going to have working MPE support or have they given up on this to support BW with new customers?
It's high up in the list and although Ableton have been very slow to respond to such requests they do seem to be churning them out now. With BWS hot their heels they're certainly under more pressure. My guess is that comping will come first, maybe in the next point release or point 3, because that is more likely to bring new revenue vs MPE which is still kind of niche, relatively speaking. I reckon we'll see MPE 10.5.
Thanks for a modicum of hope! ;) Yeah, it's true, it's still very niche (I guess many haven't even tried it yet, since most of those I know who did give MPE controllers a try made the switch pretty fast).
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Is MPE being high on the list for Ableton based on any inside knowledge?
Sweet child in time...

jonljacobi wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:57 pm Hmm, I think the arranger is so visually cluttered and the mixer somewhat limited that comping still won’t attract the track-based crowd. MPE would seem to be a more likely add, to retain existing customers.
Live is already my main DAW, the only reason I start projects in Logic or Reason is for comping. At other forums I see more gripes about Live's lack of comping than MPE (which of course they should prioritize too)...I suspect there are many more people out there needing to manage multiple takes than there are owners of MPE-capable hardware.

Deep Purple wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:54 pm Is MPE being high on the list for Ableton based on any inside knowledge?
It's from the beta program, there's a forum for submitting requests and users can up vote and comment. Comping is right at the top as the most beta user up voted request, nearly 200 more votes clear of the next request down the list.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:40 pm
jonljacobi wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:57 pm Hmm, I think the arranger is so visually cluttered and the mixer somewhat limited that comping still won’t attract the track-based crowd. MPE would seem to be a more likely add, to retain existing customers.
It's the top requested feature in the beta forum by a considerable margin (411 vs 132 for MPE)
I would much rather see them address the routing limitations of the mixer (namely: allow both "MIDI To" and "Audio To" at the same time on the same track) and support inline MIDI VST effects before worrying about MPE. This would require some deep architectural rewiring in itself.

I've come to like Bitwig's "pull, don't push" solution to this issue: The Note and Audio receiver modules. It's far more flexible.

I just bought the 10 upgrade today, so I'm looking forward to trying these new features.
:borg:

PieBerger wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:10 pm
Deep Purple wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:54 pm Is MPE being high on the list for Ableton based on any inside knowledge?
It's from the beta program, there's a forum for submitting requests and users can up vote and comment. Comping is right at the top as the most beta user up voted request, nearly 200 more votes clear of the next request down the list.
Of course, my least interested in request. To be honest though, I love writing music in Live, I hate mixing in it, so I'm not that interested in the parts of Live that I think are done better in DAWs like Reaper or DP like recording audio that you play live.

I wonder if they'll ever implement a touch / latch read write automation system in Live?

The new automation features are nice but so laborious in terms of clicking all over the place. How about a key command assignment system? Live is so far behind in these aspects.

What are the new automation features?

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:04 am What are the new automation features?
Editing envelopes like in FL plugins (scretch, invert etc). Quite awesome.
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:09 am
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:04 am What are the new automation features?
Editing envelopes like in FL plugins (scretech, invert etc). Quite awesome.
I've been waiting for that for so long now - IMO it's probably THE most useful feature that will be included in 10.1
Sweet child in time...

Ableton is taking forever to release this thing.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:40 pm Ableton is taking forever to release this thing.
It is worth waiting. I am working with the beta version. It is the first Live 10 release that feels solid. Personally I do not use VST3s (yet) but I think they had some issues getting that to work correctly.

We’re at the fourth release candidate, so..any day now. And I agree with you, it feels rock solid, great features. Can’t wait to see what Ableton may bring to 10.2, 10.5, etc.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:20 pm We’re at the fourth release candidate, so..any day now. And I agree with you, it feels rock solid, great features. Can’t wait to see what Ableton may bring to 10.2, 10.5, etc.
There is still a problem in the current RC4 concerning VST3. Usually they'll release 2 weeks after the RC which has no major bugs reported.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”