Dune 3 vs. Hive 2

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nichttuntun wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:39 pm I would have loved to see 2 more LFOs ... But the 4 new mod generator engines will perfectly satisfy my needs.
Including the function generators, Hive 2 can boast 6 more LFOs than Hive 1.0

Howard wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 pm
nichttuntun wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:39 pm I would have loved to see 2 more LFOs ... But the 4 new mod generator engines will perfectly satisfy my needs.
Yes I know and that's totally cool. As stated before that will absolutely satisfy my needs and I'm looking forward for that great update :) :tu:

How so? can you give more detail in to that? would love to learn that :)

Elektronisch wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:38 am
How so? can you give more detail in to that? would love to learn that :)
All 4 shape sequencers and the 2 function generators *both* have LFO trigger modes, 4 plus 2 is 6 :D

Talking of LFOs might we see a "probability gate" shape in any future Hive update?
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:14 amTalking of LFOs might we see a "probability gate" shape in any future Hive update?
You mean a random Gate? - That's already possible when using LFO and FG together :clown:

I have just been playing with the Hive 2 update (bargain update price...unlike Dune 2 to Dune 3!) and Hive 2 is a superb instrument, sounds great, looks great, some fun and interesting features blended with a good engine, it begs to be played/programmed and is pretty easy to use given everything it does- in that way it is similar to Dune.

However...Dune still sounds like Dune, and I love the way Dune sounds irrespective of which one has more features or how they work...Dune 3 is (I think) the warmest sounding software synthesizer available, but other VST's do other things better and there is a good case to me made for owning them all (evil laugh)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Urs wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:38 am
PieBerger wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:14 amTalking of LFOs might we see a "probability gate" shape in any future Hive update?
You mean a random Gate? - That's already possible when using LFO and FG together :clown:
Random gate yes. Excellent, I'll have a go at working it out for myself, before I come back begging for the easy answer :)
Always Read the Manual!

Urs wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:38 am
:D :party: :hug:

I've planned a tutorial video (which unfortunately I will never do due to lack of time):

FG in "One Shot" mode. LFO1 rectangle or saw as trigger source. Set FG1 Attack to 0, Decay so that FG1 retriggers only every second or third cycle of LFO1.

Set LFO2 to trinagle and some random speed which is out of sync with LFO1. Modulate FG1 Decay with LFO2.

The result is a random sequence from FG1, controlled entirely by its Decay modulation. If LFO1 and 2 retrigger on Gate, this random rhythm is fully reproducible for each note. You can make it fully random by not syncing LFO2 or by modulating its speed in any way you wish.

This is a common trick in the nodular world. At least, I think it's common because I've seen it one way or another in various Youtube videos.

(if you need consistent decay times: Trigger FG2 from FG1 Rising Gate)

SLiC wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:48 am I have just been playing with the Hive 2 update (bargain update price...unlike Dune 2 to Dune 3!) and Hive 2 is a superb instrument...
???

Is it out yet???

???

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=525688

Unless you were just being sarcastic.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:13 am viewtopic.php?f=31&t=525688

Unless you were just being sarcastic.
No. I just didn't know that. Wow that's too cool. I just watched the video about hive 2 and they said released inn a few weeks. How cool. Thank you :)

Urs wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:37 am I've planned a tutorial video (which unfortunately I will never do due to lack of time):

FG in "One Shot" mode. LFO1 rectangle or saw as trigger source. Set FG1 Attack to 0, Decay so that FG1 retriggers only every second or third cycle of LFO1.

Set LFO2 to trinagle and some random speed which is out of sync with LFO1. Modulate FG1 Decay with LFO2.

The result is a random sequence from FG1, controlled entirely by its Decay modulation. If LFO1 and 2 retrigger on Gate, this random rhythm is fully reproducible for each note. You can make it fully random by not syncing LFO2 or by modulating its speed in any way you wish.

This is a common trick in the nodular world. At least, I think it's common because I've seen it one way or another in various Youtube videos.
:tu: :party:
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “u-he”