Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
mgw38
KVRAF
1652 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 am

Digivolt wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:04 am
mgw38 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:11 pm
This one came in the email today: 25% off at www.ToneBoosters.com with coupon TB_SPRING_2019
What I am surprised about is, I thought TB never did any sales ?
Yes, I was also surprised about their sale.

Any standouts in their lineup? I hear Barricade and Reelbus are good. What about Enhancer? These are all 16 channel capable plugins which would be very useful for me.

I only have Morphit which is outstanding.

Fleer
KVRAF
4251 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat May 25, 2019 6:34 am

Just want to say this @mgw38: thanks for all the deals you’re posting.

Harry_HH
KVRAF
3591 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Sat May 25, 2019 6:58 am

mgw38 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 am
Digivolt wrote:
mgw38 wrote:
This one came in the email today: 25% off at www.ToneBoosters.com with coupon TB_SPRING_2019

Any standouts in their lineup? I hear Barricade and Reelbus are good. What about Enhancer? These are all 16 channel capable plugins which would be very useful for me.

Thank you for the hint - purchased the Morphit.
I wonder if the Toneboosters will add an option to record your room ambience response curve, and in this way expand the use of Morphit to speaker-monitor mixing/room-correction?

MIDICH1
KVRist
170 posts since 26 May, 2005 from Lost Angeles

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:43 am

IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE $39 at B&H (finally got it at this price): https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... _2_ce.html

imrae
KVRian
689 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:49 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:58 am
I wonder if the Toneboosters will add an option to record your room ambience response curve, and in this way expand the use of Morphit to speaker-monitor mixing/room-correction?
They already have a plugin for room simulation called Isone - it's in the BusTools collection. Maybe we'll get a new version some day!

Harry_HH
KVRAF

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:54 am

imrae wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:49 am
Harry_HH wrote:
They already have a plugin for room simulation called Isone - it's in the BusTools collection. Maybe we'll get a new version some day!
Thank you for the information.
I think these two should be combined to one plugin.
BTW, where does the Toneboosters installer sets the plugin - it seems to be one of those nighmare installers, which won´t let the define the path.

SirKen
KVRist
334 posts since 19 Oct, 2012

Post Sat May 25, 2019 8:06 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:54 am
imrae wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
BTW, where does the Toneboosters installer sets the plugin - it seems to be one of those nighmare installers, which won´t let the define the path.
It lets you choose the folder at the bottom of the screen as you pick which versions to install: VST, AAX etc..

SirKen
KVRist
334 posts since 19 Oct, 2012

Post Sat May 25, 2019 8:07 am

mgw38 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 am
Digivolt wrote:
mgw38 wrote:

I tested Reelbus 4 and Reverb 4 earlier and they both sounded good.

Harry_HH
KVRAF

Post Sat May 25, 2019 8:17 am

SirKen wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:06 am
Harry_HH wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:54 am
imrae wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
It lets you choose the folder at the bottom of the screen as you pick which versions to install: VST, AAX etc..
No it won´t. The "browse" button is inactive. This anyway in Win 10 64 bit.
I have sent the screenshot of this to the support.

Digivolt
KVRist
409 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Sat May 25, 2019 9:18 am

imrae wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Isn't Isone like Goodhertz Canopener in where it simulates having studio sound on headphones by introducing crossfeed between left & right to simulate listening on headphones as if you were listening to monitors

Morphit is used to correct the frequency response of headphones to make it flat, I think Harry is asking if it's possible to record frequency response of the room to make the speakers have a flat response similar to how sonarworks reference works ?

Harry_HH
KVRAF

Post Sat May 25, 2019 9:41 am

Digivolt wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:18 am
imrae wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Isn't Isone like Goodhertz Canopener in where it simulates having studio sound on headphones by introducing crossfeed between left & right to simulate listening on headphones as if you were listening to monitors

Morphit is used to correct the frequency response of headphones to make it flat, I think Harry is asking if it's possible to record frequency response of the room to make the speakers have a flat response similar to how sonarworks reference works ?
Yes - exactly the same idea, which the Morphit has, but in stead of correcting the cans, you correct the room.
There are free sofware for this, most popular may be REW, see https://www.roomeqwizard.com/

But I think the Morphit could be expanded to aid the room correction, as well. The procedure as such is rather simple - you need a flat response omni mic for the room ambience recording.

alibling
KVRist
103 posts since 21 Jan, 2019

Post Sat May 25, 2019 11:03 am

Using morphit and Barricade all the while.. Great plugins.

alibling
KVRist
103 posts since 21 Jan, 2019

Post Sat May 25, 2019 11:07 am

Think will test reelbus

mgw38
KVRAF
1652 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Sat May 25, 2019 11:35 am

Fleer wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:34 am
Just want to say this @mgw38: thanks for all the deals you’re posting.
You’re very welcome. :hug: A few weeks ago I deleted almost all of my social media accounts and suddenly had a lot if spare time. :lol:

Fleer
KVRAF
4251 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Sat May 25, 2019 11:45 am

I know the feeling :hug:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”