Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

acousticglue wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 pm I dont think anywhere on their site says they have to give anyone vouchers. I think its more of,a,courtesy
It's not a courtesy, it's a core element of PA's gamelike approach to pricing. It's no coincidence the Triad upgrade email was sent out in a month with no vouchers and containing no info as to whether the upgrade was time-limited. I'm also not surprised that people here are saying customer support danced around the issue when asked. I am surprised that people here are defending this by saying they should have emailed the marketing department, as though forwarding an email to the relevant department is a Herculean task. It takes seconds and I somehow manage it several times a day.

PA completely lost me when they blew out BYOME for $69 just 5 months after their 'intro offer' which was almost double the price at $129, yet made to look like a significant saving on the RRP of $249. I mean, some intro offers last almost that long. It's a straight up mockery of early adopters.

Now I'm hearing *anyone* can use this $49 'upgrade' voucher regardless of whether they own BYOME or not? If that's true, I refuse to believe it isn't by design, as if they thought nobody on their mailing list would share the code. How many other companies can you think of that'll let you 'upgrade' without actually owning the product so easily?

Then there's the issue of discontinuing the UA bundle, thus removing the half-price discount on future UA plugins that was a huge incentive for me completing my UA collection. I also really enjoyed paying $19 for the privilege of continued updates to a synth I already owned when they brought Thorn under their wing.

I currently own the entire UA catalogue, and I'd love to support their work by buying on day 1, but I won't be buying Lion at it's intro price. $70 is a lot of money for me, absolutely worth a 5-month or fairly short wait.

I adore Unfiltered Audio's work and I know they're completely separate entities thus Plugin Alliance grievances are supposed to be kept out of the way of their threads, but PA's pricing games make it increasingly difficult to maintain the equivalent mental barrier between the two. When that 5-month post-intro $69 deal hit, I was using BYOME quite frequently and I just felt like a sucker every time I looked at it.

It's valid point yet life only offers one certainty. VST vendors do not. Cash is king. Many workers is this field have to be paid or I'm sure they bolt. Some that offer free VST may have other support. It's not the public' call. You buy and at times you cry. I've done same with Sandman but still own it and love it. I didn't cry out here until now. I learned then wait..

cron wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 pm
Now I'm hearing *anyone* can use this $49 'upgrade' voucher regardless of whether they own BYOME or not? If that's true, I refuse to believe it isn't by design, as if they thought nobody on their mailing list would share the code. How many other companies can you think of that'll let you 'upgrade' without actually owning the product so easily?
This was a pricing error on PA side. They fixed it already. Very unfortunate for UA as new users paid less now.

I must say even with loyalty voucher the price would have been the same for me as I'm getting $50 + heavy hitter $99. That's the same price I paid for BYOME in 2018 when the intro was on. So the pricing has not changed since some time for intros.
And yes, you are right 5 months after intro for 30% less than intro offer for heavy hitters is quite soon. But I have the feeling that the market has accelerated and pressure is higher since Waves introduced their $29-wars.

Triad 1.0.1 Public Beta is here.

Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlljlceotuo0m ... 1.zip?dl=0
Mac: https://www.dropbox.com/s/64q7b97iiy06m ... 1.zip?dl=0

64-bit only for now. No AAX builds.

In this build:
-HiDPI now works correctly in Cubase and other HiDPI hosts with OpenGL enabled (previously, it would only work correctly if OpenGL were disabled).
-Each instance of Triad will remember its scale while the project is open.
-Input Follower now correctly saves its Sidechain state.
-Looping Random modulator's trigger inputs were not working correctly via modulation.
-Adding an effect will now auto-scroll the effect row to make the new effect fully visible.
-Added Randomization Depth. Right-click the random button to see this.
-Right-clicking the "Add Modulator" or "Add Effects" button will now bring up a menu instead of adding a default.
-AD Modulator now has a cycle mode and tempo sync.
-Fixes for memory leaks and potential crashes.
-Improved legibility of settings and randomization menus.
-Added a tooltip to explain why S.RATE affects dry signals in the frequency splitting mode.

In an upcoming build:
-Wide mode (extends the interface to show more effects and modulators).

Please note that these are beta builds. If you are using Triad in a critical situation, please use the 1.0.0 release.

thelizard wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:32 pm Triad 1.0.1 Public Beta is here.

In this build:
-HiDPI now works correctly in Cubase and other HiDPI hosts with OpenGL enabled (previously, it would only work correctly if OpenGL were disabled).
-Looping Random modulator's trigger inputs were not working correctly via modulation.
-Adding an effect will now auto-scroll the effect row to make the new effect fully visible.
-Right-clicking the "Add Modulator" or "Add Effects" button will now bring up a menu instead of adding a default.
-Added a tooltip to explain why S.RATE affects dry signals in the frequency splitting mode.

In an upcoming build:

Please note that these are beta builds. If you are using Triad in a critical situation, please use the 1.0.0 release.
Nice. Will you think about giving the possibility to load several BYOME presets with their modulation - each on its own lane - in one TRIAD setup?

Regards,
tl.

cron wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 pm PA completely lost me when they blew out BYOME for $69 just 5 months after their 'intro offer' which was almost double the price at $129, yet made to look like a significant saving on the RRP of $249. I mean, some intro offers last almost that long. It's a straight up mockery of early adopters.

[...]

Then there's the issue of discontinuing the UA bundle, thus removing the half-price discount on future UA plugins that was a huge incentive for me completing my UA collection. I also really enjoyed paying $19 for the privilege of continued updates to a synth I already owned when they brought Thorn under their wing.

I currently own the entire UA catalogue, and I'd love to support their work by buying on day 1, but I won't be buying Lion at it's intro price. $70 is a lot of money for me, absolutely worth a 5-month or fairly short wait.

I adore Unfiltered Audio's work and I know they're completely separate entities thus Plugin Alliance grievances are supposed to be kept out of the way of their threads, but PA's pricing games make it increasingly difficult to maintain the equivalent mental barrier between the two. When that 5-month post-intro $69 deal hit, I was using BYOME quite frequently and I just felt like a sucker every time I looked at it.
More or less my thoughts and emotions...
I really like the work of UA and am absolutely willing to support them but I find PA's marketing strategies and pricing more than questionable.

Regards,
tl.

cron wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 pm BYOME for $69 just 5 months after their 'intro offer' which was almost double the price at $129, yet made to look like a significant saving on the RRP of $249. I mean, some intro offers last almost that long. It's a straight up mockery of early adopters.
Grabbed it at new year when it was at $129 again, but with a further $30 BYOME discount code, I think all mixed in with the spend $150 get $75 off one-off deal so grabbed SpecOps and a really cheap DrumXChanger offer too.

Didn't expect to see it go as cheap as $69 so soon either but I got a great deal so others should too, I've had loads of great deals at PA and always hope for more. Still haven't went for Triad as I'm keeping cash for Lion, although maybe Massive X or make use of a Kilohearts deal, depending where has the best bang for buck really.

Most developers having nice sales now, grabbed the SoundToys stuff at new year too via another country and a site-wide discount sale and they've since had some top products real cheap. Even Black Hole went for a lot less that I'd expected to ever see it - all these products on my wishlist and self talkdowns about the right time to buy/save maybe isn't helping with the music, but if there was a whiteboard in a club the bouncers can't tell me the licence doesn't cover one more set of sums with discount plus vat after the right code...

More users means more presets and fun in youtube videos right? Everyone seems to focus on managerial decisions beyond our pay grades in any passion nowadays, enjoy the game - make music and teach others.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

thelizard wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:32 pmTriad 1.0.1 Public Beta is here
Thank you Michael, that was quick ! :tu:

Could someone else please open a ticket on plugin alliance and ask just the single question with no padding:
"Will I be able to use my monthly voucher to reduce the $49 price of Triad next month?"

I'd do it myself but since I already asked this amidst other stuff and got the ambiguous reply I don't want to look like a dick by asking again.

thelizard wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:32 pm Triad 1.0.1 Public Beta is here.

In this build:

In an upcoming build:

Thanks a lot Michael!

- Still get the crash when duplicating a track with Triad on it in Bitwig Studio I reported some posts above.

- If I have the VST2 and VST3 on one track after each other and duplicate that track in Bitwig, both plugins in the new track show endless spinning loading wheels and never finish. Can't show the GUI in that case on the original track anymore. (Was just for testing, normally I don't use plugins mixed up this way, wanted to report anyway).

- Size is consistent now within a session and per instance, but could you please add a way to save the current size and state (unfolded controls with the Byome (?) button) so it always opens in a state that makes sense on a large 4K monitor? Alternatively have a scale and unfold setting in preferences.

- Still would be happy to get the factory presets for the bands and for the effects (if there are any).

- Would still prefer to have the menu come up when left-clicking on the plus sign (don't know any situation when I would want a default effect instead) but can live with how it is for the time being.

- Still find the Permutate arrows and number on the faint side in dark mode but can live with it now that I know it's there.

- Great that the view now scrolls towards the newly created effect, would be even nicer if the row in which it was created would also get focus. That is probably what one wants in 99% of cases and would save another click.

Looking forward to wide mode!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

One More:

- The permutate down-arrow doesn't work anymore for me. Up arrow works as intended.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:48 pm One More:

- The permutate down-arrow doesn't work anymore for me. Up arrow works as intended.

Cheers,

Tom
Ah, good catch! Thanks for the detailed feedback on your prior post as well.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:08 pm
- Size is consistent now within a session and per instance, but could you please add a way to save the current size and state (unfolded controls with the Byome (?) button) so it always opens in a state that makes sense on a large 4K monitor? Alternatively have a scale and unfold setting in preferences.

- Would still prefer to have the menu come up when left-clicking on the plus sign (don't know any situation when I would want a default effect instead) but can live with how it is for the time being.

- Great that the view now scrolls towards the newly created effect, would be even nicer if the row in which it was created would also get focus. That is probably what one wants in 99% of cases and would save another click.
+1 to these 3 suggestions in particular.

I'd also repeat a prior FR of mine so that cut/copying then pasting a lane would also paste the modulation assignments.

Lastly, Saturday I found the Stutter effect to be very clicky with smoothing engaged, but it seems better today. Did anything change on that front? Might just be the source material or me if not.

Noumena wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:17 pm piracy (which i think is more rampant than can be seen)
Piracy is not rampant. If it were very common and yet this could not be seen, we would have no way of knowing it to be so common.

There is no lack of software available and prices are not low.

I am all for developers getting paid. What is also true is developers want to be paid repeatedly for the same product. This is the current trend. They want subscribers. (Hey, telecoms charge repeatedly for the same thing! Why can't we?) The traditional method of making money in software is either to make new stuff or to do corporate work. Now people want to be paid by end users to fix errors that exist because products get rushed to market half considered and poorly done. Even Boeing is doing it now, and aviation used to be a bastion of proper coding in the sea of crap. Oh well, it's not like bad code hurts anyone - for long.

Not to say end users - especially hobbyist and arts end users - do not behave badly, because this thread is a case study in whiny, grabby consumerism and it gives all the evidence one would need for neatly making that case.

And not to say, let me clarify for the subject at hand, Triad does not count as new work for these purposes. It seems indeed to develop the Byome approach into different territory.

Just to say that whiny, lazy, paranoid developers are a thing as well and that it is bad for and common in the software industry.

Now that almost everyone has been offended, on to the next unacceptable comments!

graspee wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:07 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:00 pm
graspee wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:39 pm I put in a support ticket to plugin alliance yesterday and I got a reply today confirming that the price will STAY at $49 for BYOME owners, not time limited and that you will be able to use monthly vouchers on it next month.
Ok, this is getting hilarious. I thought they were clear we won't be able to do this?
Picture of my email showing query and reply
https://i.imgur.com/PwO5CHJ.png
It does not say you can stack. It says you can wait to buy and get the upgrade price. The answer is clear while the question is open to different readings.

The price - as the e-mailer they sent said - is $49 for Byome owners. These specially priced things have not stacked with other discounts in recent times at PA and I don't know why you would think this would work this time.

Return to “Effects”