Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
soulata
KVRAF
2571 posts since 6 Dec, 2002 from Ljubljana/ Slovenia

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:19 am

BERFAB wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:23 am
gaf_thit wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:03 am
251.16 usd for upgrade from MPB 2 to MPS 2.1 feels tempting, but then I remembered that I am an amateur with no income from my strange music and then I guess I'll try to avoid GAS and stick with what I have. MPB 2 is more than enough, coupled with all the other stuff... sigh... I should start selling stuff instead.*

*Wrote this to help against my GAS as much as for any other reason.
Other than Neutron 3 Advanced, what does this particular upgrade add?

-B
RX6 to RX7 I think. Not sure if Standard or Advanced.

samsam
KVRAF
2407 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:24 am

Nah, RX7 already included (if it's MPS you're talking about)

soulata
KVRAF
2571 posts since 6 Dec, 2002 from Ljubljana/ Slovenia

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:38 am

He's talking about MPB which they discontinued (I think) to start MPS.
I can't check right now but I have MPB2 and there's RX6 not RX7. But I'm not totally sure.

k

Caine123
KVRAF
5749 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:13 am

totally stupid that there is only RX7 standard included in mps
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

samsam
KVRAF
2407 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:23 am

^^ Ah MPB is different? I didn't know.

^ Yeah, depending on your tasks a lot of the goodness of RX is in the Advanced version. Although the absolute killer feature for musicians - Music Rebalance - is in Standard.

I got to buy a couple of Advanced licences for work team, some of the stuff it can do is very cool.

User avatar
teilo
KVRist
281 posts since 30 Mar, 2008

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:14 am

Caine123 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:13 am
totally stupid that there is only RX7 standard included in mps
Not surprising at all. RX7 Advanced is $1,200 on its own.
macOS | Ableton 10 | Bitwig 2.x | Reason 10
MPK249 | Scarlett 6i6 v2 | DX7 w/SER-7 | Adam Audio T7V & Sub8
U-he all | DSAudio all | All TAL synths | Komplete Ult. 11 | Serum | DUNE 2 | Arturia V 6 | Fabfilter Pro all | countless others

Caine123
KVRAF
5749 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:19 am

teilo wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:14 am
Caine123 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:13 am
totally stupid that there is only RX7 standard included in mps
Not surprising at all. RX7 Advanced is $1,200 on its own.
Well the price itself is ridiculous. But thing is i got rx7 advanced and i then need to upgrade seperately rx and mps :/. So rx standard cant ve sold and is more a bonus then i guess. I just dont like bundles and having twice a product (even in different version)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4258 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:41 pm

AdvancedFollower wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:49 am
Wondering whether there's a "Neutron 3 Elements", or if it's the same Neutron Elements as before (which I already own as I got it for free from PB).
On the iZotope page, they call the Elements version "Neutron Elements" but the Standard/Advanced versions are labeled "Neutron 3 Standard/Advanced", but on JRR, there's a product called "Neutron 3 Elements".
Now did they update Elements to v3 or not? Anyone?

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4258 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:41 pm

AdvancedFollower wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:49 am
Wondering whether there's a "Neutron 3 Elements", or if it's the same Neutron Elements as before (which I already own as I got it for free from PB).
On the iZotope page, they call the Elements version "Neutron Elements" but the Standard/Advanced versions are labeled "Neutron 3 Standard/Advanced", but on JRR, there's a product called "Neutron 3 Elements".
^^^ This.
Now did they update Elements to v3 or not? Anyone?

wesleymayhem
KVRist
232 posts since 1 May, 2006

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Windows 10 Neutron 3 installer hangs on Relay and Tonal Balance Control plugins. Seems like a folder permissions issue. iZotope support taking eons to find a fix. I have not issues installing any other plugins or plugin suites.

Does anyone have any advice?

BTW, Neutron 2 installs with no issues.

Thanks

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2685 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:21 pm

wesleymayhem wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:29 pm
Windows 10 Neutron 3 installer hangs on Relay and Tonal Balance Control plugins. Seems like a folder permissions issue. iZotope support taking eons to find a fix. I have not issues installing any other plugins or plugin suites.

Does anyone have any advice?

BTW, Neutron 2 installs with no issues.

Thanks
It all installed ok here on W10 pro, sad to report.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
15896 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:52 am

Well, Izotope is just totally F'd up.

I have my email purchase receipt from Izotope dated Stept 8, 2017 when I purchased Neutron 2. When I go to my account to see what it would cost for me to upgrade to Neutron 3, it says I have no products. Okay, maybe I just didn't register my serial #. So I go to do that and it tells me it can't register it.

Forget that I also bought Iris 2 from them. According to Izotope I never bought anything and thus am not eligible for any upgrades.

SMH.

wesleymayhem
KVRist
232 posts since 1 May, 2006

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:58 am

noiseboyuk wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:21 pm
wesleymayhem wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:29 pm
Windows 10 Neutron 3 installer hangs on Relay and Tonal Balance Control plugins. Seems like a folder permissions issue. iZotope support taking eons to find a fix. I have not issues installing any other plugins or plugin suites.

Does anyone have any advice?

BTW, Neutron 2 installs with no issues.

Thanks
It all installed ok here on W10 pro, sad to report.
Thanks. Glad for you!

Ryan99
KVRian
614 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:07 am

wagtunes wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:52 am
Well, Izotope is just totally F'd up.

I have my email purchase receipt from Izotope dated Stept 8, 2017 when I purchased Neutron 2. When I go to my account to see what it would cost for me to upgrade to Neutron 3, it says I have no products. Okay, maybe I just didn't register my serial #. So I go to do that and it tells me it can't register it.

Forget that I also bought Iris 2 from them. According to Izotope I never bought anything and thus am not eligible for any upgrades.

SMH.
You should contact them. I did in the past and got great customer service.

User avatar
carrieres
KVRAF
1634 posts since 10 Apr, 2002 from Poissy, France

Re: Neutron 3 just dropped

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:09 am

wagtunes wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:52 am
Well, Izotope is just totally F'd up.

I have my email purchase receipt from Izotope dated Stept 8, 2017 when I purchased Neutron 2. When I go to my account to see what it would cost for me to upgrade to Neutron 3, it says I have no products. Okay, maybe I just didn't register my serial #. So I go to do that and it tells me it can't register it.

Forget that I also bought Iris 2 from them. According to Izotope I never bought anything and thus am not eligible for any upgrades.

SMH.
same thing for me, i had registered with two different emails
Image

Return to “Effects”