Lynx 1.05 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lynx

Xenobioz wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pmI have no plans on updating Aegis. I think you should be able to do everything it does on Lynx. The main difference is the waveform drawing resolution. Aegis only uses 128 points compared to 512 points on Lynx.
sorry to hear that. :( one of my favorite free 32-bit synths, been using it with jBridge since moving to 64-bit. love the simplicity of it, never got the same feeling using Lynx.

jbuonacc wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:50 am
Xenobioz wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pmI have no plans on updating Aegis. I think you should be able to do everything it does on Lynx. The main difference is the waveform drawing resolution. Aegis only uses 128 points compared to 512 points on Lynx.
sorry to hear that. :( one of my favorite free 32-bit synths, been using it with jBridge since moving to 64-bit. love the simplicity of it, never got the same feeling using Lynx.
It would require some recoding of one module. Otherwise it would have been easy to update. I didn't expect that people would prefer it to Lynx. At least now i know there is some interest in a 64-bit version. It's still not too hard to update it I think, but requires at least a day of work.

Xenobioz wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:02 pm
jbuonacc wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:50 am
It would require some recoding of one module. Otherwise it would have been easy to update. I didn't expect that people would prefer it to Lynx. At least now i know there is some interest in a 64-bit version. It's still not too hard to update it I think, but requires at least a day of work.
:tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

How to install vst3?

pigfront wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:21 pm How to install vst3?
It was not included in the zip. You can re-download to get it.It might also work by just renaming the Lynx.dll to Lynx.vst3. At least it works the other way around.
I haven't been able to test the vst3 version, but hopefully it works.

Do you have 64-bit versions of your plugins ? They seem interesting. I only tried Lucid, which is 32-bit only.

Cheers.

Xenobioz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:44 pm
pigfront wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:21 pm How to install vst3?
It was not included in the zip. You can re-download to get it.It might also work by just renaming the Lynx.dll to Lynx.vst3. At least it works the other way around.
I haven't been able to test the vst3 version, but hopefully it works.
Thanks!,
but vst3 crashes cakewalk, and both versions shows annoying "mising MSVCP140D.dll" message in others hosts (mixcraft and mulab in my case).

mevla wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:03 pm Do you have 64-bit versions of your plugins ? They seem interesting. I only tried Lucid, which is 32-bit only.

Cheers.
Only Lynx so far. There are no plans for updating the other ones except maybe Aegis.

pigfront wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:11 am
Thanks!,
but vst3 crashes cakewalk, and both versions shows annoying "mising MSVCP140D.dll" message in others hosts (mixcraft and mulab in my case).
Yes I think it crashed for me in Cakewalk too. I don't know why. VST3 has been difficult for me. The VST3 and 2 should be identical so I don't know what's happening.

The missing dll is probably because you need "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" from microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145
Hopefully that will fix it. If not I might have to recompile.

Thanks for the feedback.

Xenobioz wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:58 am
Thanks!,
Yes I think it crashed for me in Cakewalk too. I don't know why. VST3 has been difficult for me. The VST3 and 2 should be identical so I don't know what's happening.

The missing dll is probably because you need "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" from microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145

Thanks for the feedback.
I cant install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" from your link, because I have newest version of this, so this do not help.

pigfront wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:11 am
Xenobioz wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:58 am
Thanks!,

Thanks for the feedback.
I cant install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" from your link, because I have newest version of this, so this do not help.
Ok. It might be that you need to uninstall the Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable then install the VS 2015 again. Hopefully it will work then, if not just post again.

Just did what you wrote in the last post, but no results here.

pigfront wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:26 am Just did what you wrote in the last post, but no results here.
Okay. I'm trying to find out if it's something else. Hopefully I can find out the reason and fix it.
It would be nice to know if there is someone who can get it to work and does not have visual studio installed. If so please post here.

I have recompiled all the files, since the missing DLL ended with an D. You could try if it works now.

The visual c thing is present on my end aswell, but only when opening the gui for some reason. Other than that it works perfectly. This is the 64bit version.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”