SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Bombadil wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:39 am Peter,

What can I safely delete of Sampletank 3 on my computer?

Thanks.
I think some 5GB (out of over 30GB) could be duplicates, since 25GB of ST4SE is supposed to be new. That’s a sweet deal for $49. I think I’m sticking with this SE version, as I more or less have all of ST3MAX contents plus Syntronik and Miroslav 2. So I’m not in dire need of more synths or orchestral stuff, and loops are not my thang.

And I do like the drop-down download set up, allowing me to cherry pick (and leave the ST3 links alone as I have those covered already).

VitaminD wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:38 pm Thank you. When submitting tickets it says usually within 24 hours not 24 to 48 hours. Perhaps that message should be updated to give a more accurate window?
Sorry to hear of your longer than usual wait time. Our initial ticket creation triggers a message stating that our team will get back to you as soon as possible. The next message received will mention a normal time of 24-48 hours (Weekends excluded), which is what we see as the usual time frame, but I'll more than happily pass along your feedback to the team.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Fleer wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:58 am
DrumAddict wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:46 am
Bombadil wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 pm It would be nice to see the Sampletron, Samplemoog, Miro1, Sonic Synth folders separately.
this :tu:
+1
I'm adding my voice to the other requests for this. :party:

I bought SampleTank 4 SE mainly so that I could finally have a decent modern interface for my SampleTank 2 libraries. However, right now the SampleTank 3 interface serves me better as all the legacy libraries are listed properly by folder and by category as they should be.
This one big long preset list without folders or categories for ST2 sounds in ST4 is a real workflow killer and negates the reason I bought 4 SE at all. :dog:
I'll stick with 3 SE for now until a fix comes along if ever. :scared:

There's a library mode which displays the preset list in an hierarchical fashion. Click the folder icon in the top left corner.

IK, this is why you do UX testing and design, and not just blindly follow the trends.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

The library folder icon is laggy. You click on it and wait a bit... while it is "thinking" about the contents of the folder there is no feedback that it is doing something. I clicked on it a few times and thought it wasn't doing anything. Click on it and wait a bit... you'll see the folder structures and your files organized as they are in Sample Tank 3.

In fact the entire folder sorting interface is very slow so when clicking from library to library ( those large Icons on the left) when you have folders visible is a bit of a pain. If the text underneath the Libary hasn't turned red in colour it hasn't finished sorting the folder contents.

i think the point SampleTank 4 is trying to make is, you don't want to organize your libraries, you want to organize your sounds, irrespective of where they come from, e.g. if you need a "warm synth bass", ST4 expects you to just tag "synth bass" and "warm", and pick a sound you like. it's a different mode of thinking, one i admittedly can't quite click with just yet, but i can see what they were trying to do here.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Thanks guys, however I tried the folder icon already and nothing whatsoever shows up, at least when it comes to the ST2 libraries. The interface is totally blank even after minutes of waiting.
The search function works fine though so at least I can search for "guitars" "pianos" etc.

Found the solution, My ST2 libraries files were in the Samples and Instruments folders instead of the Imported Samples and Imported Instruments folders. All working now. :party:

Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:25 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:38 pm Thank you. When submitting tickets it says usually within 24 hours not 24 to 48 hours. Perhaps that message should be updated to give a more accurate window?
Sorry to hear of your longer than usual wait time. Our initial ticket creation triggers a message stating that our team will get back to you as soon as possible. The next message received will mention a normal time of 24-48 hours (Weekends excluded), which is what we see as the usual time frame, but I'll more than happily pass along your feedback to the team.
I got an initial response from your customer support on 5/30 saying support would take a look at it. I sent two messages back on that ticket with more information and a request for a status update with no response back as of 6:54pm on 6/5.

I just sent another message to your customer support again asking for a status update, but since it seems it takes several to many days to get responses, I'm wondering if you personally have any updates?

Right now, the software is entirely unusable as the GUI is totally broken in HIDPI mode for me in Cubase. The scaling in Sampletank4 GUI is way off from where it should be for the size of the ST4 window both in graphics (it doesn't render the entire gui in available canvas) and in parameter-to-mouse location (where you click isn't mapped to where you actually clicked).

I'm hoping for more responsive support from IKM. A quick note every few days doesn't seem like much to ask for to show that you're actively working it.. and it hasn't dropped off the radar, since it is an application breaking bug, even if possibly rare.

@VitaminD, please patiently wait for our support team's reply. After your initial reply, the team mentioned they were looking into this behavior for you. I've bumped the team from my end and they should be getting back to you shortly. I think they just needed to find a machine to reproduce your behavior and dig in deeper. While HiDPI is not something we see on a daily basis, we are more than happy to look into any issues you are having.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Ryan_IK wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:03 pm @VitaminD, please patiently wait for our support team's reply. After your initial reply, the team mentioned they were looking into this behavior for you. I've bumped the team from my end and they should be getting back to you shortly. I think they just needed to find a machine to reproduce your behavior and dig in deeper. While HiDPI is not something we see on a daily basis, we are more than happy to look into any issues you are having.
They did respond back asking for more info today (which I provided). So thank you! :)

I just didn't/don't want to this end up a case of it slipping through the cracks and here I'm left with unusable software I paid for..

I'm sure you'll see more hidpi in the future... so I think maybe it is beneficial to tackle these things. :ud:

Ticket 1176071 is still not resolved. Their last response, on June 7th, was to disable DPI scaling in Windows10 to avoid the fact that the ST4 GUI cannot properly react to it. That isn't a fix but a workaround that doesn't work satisfactorily for me.

I immediately responded back saying so and requesting they either fix the ST4 GUI to function properly or refund me the money I spent on ST4 as the software is useless with a totally broken GUI.

Still awaiting a response.. 96 (business day) hours later.

If IKM doesn't want to put forth the resources to resolving this bug with your software, they should at least offer a refund considering there is no means to test ST4 before purchasing.
Last edited by VitaminD on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry to hear you are not yet satisfied. I have relayed your information. I'm sure the support team will take care of your issue to your satisfaction. Thank you.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 pm Sorry to hear you are not yet satisfied. I have relayed your information. I'm sure the support team will take care of your issue to your satisfaction. Thank you.
Thank you.

However another 24 hours, still waiting for a response from IK Multimedia Customer Service.

Another day without a response from IK Multimedia Customer support. :(

I've been polite. I've been fairly patient. But your customer support is the most apathetic and slow service I've faced before.

I opened my ticket about SampleTank 4 having GUI issues in Windows 10 with DPI Scaling on May 27, 2019. IK Multimedia Customer support last responded on June 7th and has not offered further responses since then (despite emailing them the same day). Here it is, June 17th and there hasn't been any solution.

Please either find a fix for sampletank 4 code or issue me a refund.

Return to “Instruments”