Kontakt 6 up/down arrow "+0" on the keyboard gui not responding.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to transpose the kontakt keyboard notes so the ones I want to use are within the range I want to work with but for some reason, nothing happens when I click on the up down arrows of the "+0" next to the mod wheel on the Kontakt gui. Is it possible somethings not checked that should be checked in Cubase preferences maybe? :?:
tia

is this happening with every kontakt instrument?

I checked it, everything is normal except in NI Thrill in v 6.1.1, But, all the notes are smack in the center in an ideal positioning and there are no keyswitches.

this is in VE Pro 7 btw. There isn't going to be a Cubase preference for it, nor is there a Kontakt preference,

Hi jancivil. Thanks for responding.Just checked and it was this particular program called Sequence that wouldn't allow Kontakt to do up/down arrow movements in either direction but when I loaded some string libraries in the same instance, I couldn't move the arrow until I unloaded Sequence so apparently that was the problem. I Found a workaround though by transposing up 2 octaves in midi modifier section of Cubase so now I can get to what I want.
Thanks again for your input. :) :tu:

In Kontakt 5.8 and above, if you load an instrument with wider width, the keyboard is extended to show more keys, up to all 128 MIDI notes at once, so in this case the octave display offset controls are not gonna do anything (when all 128 keys are shown).

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:38 am In Kontakt 5.8 and above, if you load an instrument with wider width, the keyboard is extended to show more keys, up to all 128 MIDI notes at once, so in this case the octave display offset controls are not gonna do anything (when all 128 keys are shown).
Ah,Thanks for that info. That makes sense. This program is the larger size. On the other hand,while the larger size Kontakt "gui" has more keys, I still only have 61 keys on my keyboard so I still need to be able to make the choice sometimes of which end is more important so I can up down arrow to accommodate so it would have been nice if it worked anyway.

Those controls aren't actually transposing your MIDI input, though. They never did that.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:09 pm Those controls aren't actually transposing your MIDI input, though. They never did that.
oh yea, I understand that EvilDragon. Maybe I shouldn't have used the term transpose to describe what I was talking about but couldn't think of a better way at the time. They didn't transpose but they shifted "positioning" enabling most to be within range so that in most cases, highlighted keys would sit so that I could play the highest and lowest note of some programs on my 61 key keyboard. I wanted the up/down arrows to work in order to make highlighted keys fit as much as possible but I realize it still depends on how the highlighted keys are laid out and how many in the first place.

There is no connection between virtual keyboard and which part of it is displayed and how your controller range works with given instrument. What you are looking for is indeed transpose - transpose your keyboard input octave up or down so it fits given instrument range. Mentioned "arrows" do not do that, you should be able to transpose the range on your controller, my 49 key controller has those octave up/down buttons. Or you may be able to do it inside a patch, factory patches often have transpose parameter in "options" tab.

Zombie Queen wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:04 pm There is no connection between virtual keyboard and which part of it is displayed and how your controller range works with given instrument. What you are looking for is indeed transpose - transpose your keyboard input octave up or down so it fits given instrument range. Mentioned "arrows" do not do that, you should be able to transpose the range on your controller, my 49 key controller has those octave up/down buttons. Or you may be able to do it inside a patch, factory patches often have transpose parameter in "options" tab.
Thank you Zombie Queen. Much appreciate it.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:38 am In Kontakt 5.8 and above, if you load an instrument with wider width, the keyboard is extended to show more keys, up to all 128 MIDI notes at once, so in this case the octave display offset controls are not gonna do anything (when all 128 keys are shown).
ha! I didn't even look at that, how obvious, how lame am I

jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:35 pm
Not as lame as I am considering I was the one with the problem. :lol:

I guess there was a reason I never tried to in that .nki, it's all there. It's so wide, of course that range would be about complete at the least.
I supposed I don't really look at the keys very often in Kontakt but there are things which are mapped all over the place with wild variance I might try to get the lay of the land in there but I hit notes on the key controller or in the editor.

jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:35 pm
You don't have to self-deprecate, no lameness was ever implied :)

no, I'm just laughing at myself, I miss a lot of really obvious things
maybe I can say 'senior moment'

jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:49 pm no, I'm just laughing at myself, I miss a lot of really obvious things
maybe I can say 'senior moment'
My senior moments have senior moments.

Return to “Instruments”