New wavetable synth - Sektor by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sektor

It was expressed just fine. Again, it's a list of options, not requirements. Note there is no Oxford comma-and before the "etc." because that implies a much longer list. Each option can be possibly combined with each other in myriad ways, so there is an implicit "and/or" between them in context. There are no rules regarding this, though reducing ambiguity is always a goal. Regardless, I clarified in response to your specific query.

If you have further input on my use of the English language it would probably be better to send it to me via PM so as not to clutter this thread.

Psuper wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:05 pm I absolutely love this synth, its workflow jives perfectly with how I think its so damn easy to create what I want.

Major gripe - I emailed Clifford from Initial Audio, and he says we cannot remove their installed stuff off of the default C drive. Hate that shit, a huge pet peeve that frankly should never happen this day and age. I suppose for $15 its not worth complaining, however I was considering buying their expansions to support them further, which I won't be doing now - I don't clutter my cloned OS drive with random install junk.
A new beta for Sektor is now available. One of the new features is "Users can now move or install Sektors content to another harddrive instead of being forced to install all content to the main drive."

There are some other improvements and fixes as well.

courtjestr wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:31 pm
Psuper wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:05 pm I absolutely love this synth, its workflow jives perfectly with how I think its so damn easy to create what I want.

Major gripe - I emailed Clifford from Initial Audio, and he says we cannot remove their installed stuff off of the default C drive. Hate that shit, a huge pet peeve that frankly should never happen this day and age. I suppose for $15 its not worth complaining, however I was considering buying their expansions to support them further, which I won't be doing now - I don't clutter my cloned OS drive with random install junk.
A new beta for Sektor is now available. One of the new features is "Users can now move or install Sektors content to another harddrive instead of being forced to install all content to the main drive."

There are some other improvements and fixes as well.
I'm actually pretty impressed and pleasantly surprised by this update. When I bought the synth for $14.99 last month, I thought it was going to be one of those abandonware deals where they dump the price of a dead-end product to try and milk it for the last drop of profits. Either that or launch v2.0 with a $100 upgrade price. But here's a pretty substantial, free update.
Changelog:

Sektor Version 1.3

Improvements:
-Switched to a much cleaner sounding limiter on the output of the synth so sounds better when the volume is pushed hard.
-Made the resonance of the filter less extreme at high settings.
-Adjusted the cutoff range for the filter.
-Added 2 new filter types Analog lowpass and Analog Highpass.
-Improved the filter menu to have more descriptive names.
-Added a more analog sounding overdrive to the master section and filters.
-Reduced the CPU usage of the Convolution reverb.
-Added a clear notes button and Humanize mode to the sequencer.
-Hold Ctrl or Command while dragging on the Osc+ page to set finer values.
-Added support for loop points in user wav files. When enabling Loop mode in the sampler if the file contains loop points these will be used instead of looping from the end of the file.
-Tooltips now take longer to show, so they don’t popup quite as much.
-Improved the level meter to show peaks more accurately.
-Improved the CPU usage of the GUI.
-When Clicking the link to generate serial, the machine name and activation code are automatically entered.
-Users can now move or install Sektors content to another harddrive instead of being forced to install all content to the main drive.

Fixes:
-Samples where not retriggering correctly in mono mode with long release times.
-In MPE Mode Glide wasn’t always polyphonic.
-Fixed Heat Up 3 instruments not loading in the sample oscillator.
-Fixed a possible crash when an Impulse response was missing.
-Higher notes were louder in volume that lower notes, added some attenuation to balance out the difference to sound more natural.
-Fixed some values sticking when turning modulations off.

Gotta say hats off to Initial Audio for this update I've been using Sektor almost exclusively for "synthing" since buying it on sale creating my own expansion because once I realized how easy it was to drag and drop one shots and IR's out of Resonic into Sektor I went on a 1 shot sample spree.

I'm a big fan of how modulation works in Sektor and the only limitation seemed to be the limited filters and resonance. I hope they keep adding filters as it seems to be really the only thing holding this synth back from becoming a powerhouse. Also it'd be great to make it easier to drop WT's and custom LFO's in too.

Perfect timing for me. I just ordered a new laptop so I'll be able to do a clean install of Sektor next week with all the content on the secondary drive of my new machine. Lots of attention to detail fixes here that a lot of developers wouldn't bother with. Great to see.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

This is excellent. An update nobody thought would coming. :clap:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

is there any way to download the synth update only? or need to download all samples again? 3GB is a bit over the top.

sqigls wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:36 am is there any way to download the synth update only? or need to download all samples again? 3GB is a bit over the top.
In your account you should see a tab called "My Updates"... Actually, I'm not usre you would get the proper version if you download the full installer.
Fernando (FMR)

Log into your account on the site and to the right side there is a bar that says My Updates and download it from there it's only 32mb.
sqigls wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:36 am is there any way to download the synth update only? or need to download all samples again? 3GB is a bit over the top.

Yes download the Beta installer only.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

cheers ;)

How lucky are we :-) amazing synth silly price.

Is anyone able to download the update from their website? I get an SSL error in both Firefox and Edge and thus cannot access it.

Mac Chrome Ok
BeeDog wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:58 pm Is anyone able to download the update from their website? I get an SSL error in both Firefox and Edge and thus cannot access it.

topaz wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:06 pm Mac Chrome Ok
BeeDog wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:58 pm Is anyone able to download the update from their website? I get an SSL error in both Firefox and Edge and thus cannot access it.
Figured out what was causing it, Malwarebytes blocked me from accessing the strange file hosting page they use.

Return to “Instruments”