Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is my final word on the Roland Cloud stuff I promise. The complete back and forth as posted in the Roland Cloud thread :
So this actually wasn't the end of it...
Me: Hi, I am interested in the Summer discount offers and planning to subscribe for 2 more years, but someone on a forum said you are discontinuing the 'yours' rewards programme. Is this true or would I expect to 'own' 2 of the Roland VSTs in perpetuity after a further 2 year subscription expired? Regards, WtG

Roland reply: Hi WtG,

Sorry, the YOURS program is no longer offered to new subscribers.

Regards,
Travis
Me: Well that’s a really bad decision IMO. I’m not going to renew now and I imagine several others won’t when they realise how the terms are changed.

Roland: If you bought a non-promotional subscription before 12/31/18, then you're still eligible. If you sing up for one of our summer promotions, those subscriptions are not eligible. If you joined before 1231/19 and you re-up with a standard subscription, those subscriptions are eligible.
Me: So I could renew for a further period, but not at the preferential rate being offered via the current promotion that you keep advertising about if I wish to keep the plugins?
No, it sounds like a stupidly arbitrary attempt to squeeze more money out of loyal customers and I’m not playing along.

Hoping that somewhere down the road you guys just bite the bullet and move over to an Arturia V Collection / Rob Papen Explorer style model instead.

Roland: Correct--the full-price subscription offers more than the discounted subscription. Either option is available to you if you created your account prior to 12/31/18.
Why do so many companies associate the loyalty of their customers with being a mug willing to accept any old crap?

So yeah guys great news, the YOURS programme is still alive, it's just that you have to pay full price at renewal time and avoid seeing the discounts everyone else is getting.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

For anyone interested, the Orange Tree group buy has hit the 60% mark and you can start buying if you are in it.

dzilizzi wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:20 pm For anyone interested, the Orange Tree group buy has hit the 60% mark and you can start buying if you are in it.
The sweetest annual Group Buy I know :tu:

dzilizzi wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:20 pm For anyone interested, the Orange Tree group buy has hit the 60% mark and you can start buying if you are in it.
"The group buy signup period lasts until July 22nd (at 8 AM PDT), after which you have until August 12th (at 8 AM PDT) to complete your purchase. Of course, if we reach the highest tier before then, you'll be able to check out early.

You can change your group buy order at any point, even after the group buy has ended (as long you joined the group buy by committing to purchase at least one library). So even if you're not sure which exact library or libraries you want, be sure to add something to your group buy order to save your spot in the sale."

Can we "check out" more than once (to start using the ones we're already sure we want to buy)? "if you've saved up any of those tasty Orange Slices points, they can be combined with the group buy discount for even greater savings" so if we can check out more than once, can we use Orange Slices points from one group buy check out in subsequent check outs?

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:36 am
"The group buy signup period lasts until July 22nd (at 8 AM PDT), after which you have until August 12th (at 8 AM PDT) to complete your purchase. Of course, if we reach the highest tier before then, you'll be able to check out early.

You can change your group buy order at any point, even after the group buy has ended (as long you joined the group buy by committing to purchase at least one library). So even if you're not sure which exact library or libraries you want, be sure to add something to your group buy order to save your spot in the sale."

Can we "check out" more than once (to start using the ones we're already sure we want to buy)? "if you've saved up any of those tasty Orange Slices points, they can be combined with the group buy discount for even greater savings" so if we can check out more than once, can we use Orange Slices points from one group buy check out in subsequent check outs?
As long as you have one item in the group buy section before July 22nd, you can add or subtract more items. You can also check out more than once. Last year, I bought a couple of guitars when they hit the 60%, got some orange slices and realized I could get the bundle for a really good price with the 60% and my orange slices. So I bought a bundle. Then the next bundle was really cheap with my new orange slices and the discounts for the guitars I now owned.

Needless to say, I have a lot of Orange Tree guitars......

Does that Soundtoys bundle on JRR come as individual licenses, or is it a locked bundle?

How much is that doggie in the window?
A well-behaved signature.

dangayle wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:37 am Does that Soundtoys bundle on JRR come as individual licenses, or is it a locked bundle?
I'll let you know as soon as we receive them from Soundtoys.

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:03 am How much is that doggie in the window?
You can't take a goldfish for a walk

In case you are wondering. Heavyocity disabled the bundles and bundle upgrade options during their current sale. They just confirmed that to me. That is a bit of a bummer.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I hate to bring that up with all this already existing PA drama. But does anybody know if PA plans to discontinue their voucher program? I do not see it mentioned on the website anymore.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:34 pm I hate to bring that up with all this already existing PA drama. But does anybody know if PA plans to discontinue their voucher program? I do not see it mentioned on the website anymore.
No, but they have planned to discontinue the clients.

Free Multi-Effect plugin HY-FX with the latest Computer Music magazine.
Looks interesting. There's a Youtube video made by CM on this just today.
https://www.musicradar.com/news/free-vs ... c-hy-fx-cm

Last time I bought Computer Music magazine was about 2 years ago. Anything interesting been added to their vault since then?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Thorn CM?

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:39 pmThorn CM?
That one is right up there with Bazille CM as one of the most fully featured “cut down” versions of an amazing synth. I mean, they *barely* cut it down.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”