Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
10992 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 am

dangayle wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:37 pm
Does that Soundtoys bundle on JRR come as individual licenses, or is it a locked bundle?
I'll let you know as soon as we receive them from Soundtoys.

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4410 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:09 am

JerGoertz wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:03 pm
How much is that doggie in the window?
You can't take a goldfish for a walk

User avatar
mgw38
KVRAF
1913 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:29 am

In case you are wondering. Heavyocity disabled the bundles and bundle upgrade options during their current sale. They just confirmed that to me. That is a bit of a bummer.

User avatar
mgw38
KVRAF
1913 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:34 am

I hate to bring that up with all this already existing PA drama. But does anybody know if PA plans to discontinue their voucher program? I do not see it mentioned on the website anymore.

User avatar
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3747 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 am

mgw38 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:34 am
I hate to bring that up with all this already existing PA drama. But does anybody know if PA plans to discontinue their voucher program? I do not see it mentioned on the website anymore.
No, but they have planned to discontinue the clients.

User avatar
MasterTuner
KVRist
188 posts since 30 May, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:20 am

Free Multi-Effect plugin HY-FX with the latest Computer Music magazine.
Looks interesting. There's a Youtube video made by CM on this just today.
https://www.musicradar.com/news/free-vs ... c-hy-fx-cm

Last time I bought Computer Music magazine was about 2 years ago. Anything interesting been added to their vault since then?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

User avatar
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3747 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:39 am

Thorn CM?

User avatar
dangayle
KVRian
995 posts since 30 Mar, 2014

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:44 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:39 am
Thorn CM?
That one is right up there with Bazille CM as one of the most fully featured “cut down” versions of an amazing synth. I mean, they *barely* cut it down.

User avatar
mgw38
KVRAF
1913 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:50 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 am
mgw38 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:34 am
I hate to bring that up with all this already existing PA drama. But does anybody know if PA plans to discontinue their voucher program? I do not see it mentioned on the website anymore.
No, but they have planned to discontinue the clients.
I find all this a bit extreme. I have almost all PA plugins but I have more emotional connection to my morning cereal than I have to PA. This is a plugin developer that sells software in a very crowded market of comparable products. Nothing more and nothing less.

But if I am really true myself, the money I spend on PA per year by far exceeds what the personal subscription offer would be. Sure, subscriptions are more annoying in terms of financial planning as they tend to become part of your monthly or annual fixed expenses and are something you don't normally think about in you day to day spending. But if you do your financial due diligence and have a firm grip on how you spend your money over the year there is nothing wrong with a subscription. In the end you need to chose the option that makes more sense for you financially. And you need to do that by being completely true to your own purchasing behavior.

I have not yet made up my mind. Maybe I do the subscription, maybe I don't. The only thing I know is that I would not spend 200$ on a PA plugin which is why the voucher question is relevant. If I don't go with a subscription and there are no vouchers anymore, I would re-adjust my attention to other developers. But there is nothing dramatic about that.

User avatar
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3747 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:10 am

Take it easy - that was ment to be a joke.

User avatar
mgw38
KVRAF
1913 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:16 am

First rule of KVR club: we never joke about plugins.

:lol:

escalona
KVRist
470 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:50 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 am
mgw38 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:34 am
I hate to bring that up with all this already existing PA drama. But does anybody know if PA plans to discontinue their voucher program? I do not see it mentioned on the website anymore.
No, but they have planned to discontinue the clients.
Lol... priceless... :hihi: :lol:

escalona
KVRist
470 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:52 am

mgw38 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:50 am
Harry_HH wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 am
mgw38 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:34 am
I hate to bring that up with all this already existing PA drama. But does anybody know if PA plans to discontinue their voucher program? I do not see it mentioned on the website anymore.
No, but they have planned to discontinue the clients.
I find all this a bit extreme. I have almost all PA plugins but I have more emotional connection to my morning cereal than I have to PA. This is a plugin developer that sells software in a very crowded market of comparable products. Nothing more and nothing less.

But if I am really true myself, the money I spend on PA per year by far exceeds what the personal subscription offer would be. Sure, subscriptions are more annoying in terms of financial planning as they tend to become part of your monthly or annual fixed expenses and are something you don't normally think about in you day to day spending. But if you do your financial due diligence and have a firm grip on how you spend your money over the year there is nothing wrong with a subscription. In the end you need to chose the option that makes more sense for you financially. And you need to do that by being completely true to your own purchasing behavior.

I have not yet made up my mind. Maybe I do the subscription, maybe I don't. The only thing I know is that I would not spend 200$ on a PA plugin which is why the voucher question is relevant. If I don't go with a subscription and there are no vouchers anymore, I would re-adjust my attention to other developers. But there is nothing dramatic about that.
I'm with you there. As of now, the best thing you can do with your voucher is sell it here. Maybe someone can pay transfer fees with it. If this continues this way, the voucher thingie will die on its own.
Nonetheless, I'd wait a couple of months and see what PA does once sales months come in. I'm sure they will come up with enough stuff to piss off every fanboi who just bought a yearly subscription at full price (even though all "reduced price" codes are the same for everybody and some have been leaked already here... by me :hihi: )

User avatar
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3747 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:28 am

mgw38 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:16 am
First rule of KVR club: we never joke about plugins.

:lol:
I know - that's why I joked just about the developers of the plugins, and about the users (clients) of the plugins. :scared:

SiliconDeath
KVRist
202 posts since 21 Feb, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:18 am

Are any of the devs working on native API 2500 compressor (to compete with UAD counterpart)? I'm thinking of buying the waves api bundle, but I wish there were more options to choose from.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”