The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:47 pm
jens wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:16 pm That's entirely ridiculous. So I guess e.g. Eventide Instant Phaser MKII is not an official and officially approved emulation of the hardware then. :hihi:
It is a business decision they made. Elysia found their logo iconic enough so that they wanted to have it in there. Eventide went a different direction. Why does this bother you? I couldn't care less.
You make zero sense. I gave it as an example of a very bad design decision for a plugin. Your argument to support this design of theirs was a bad one and I replied accordingly. And that is all there is to it.

Besides it seems you were entirely unable to really comprehend my argument, since I never suggested they should have gotten rid of the logo. Perhaps try to read what I wrote again and if all else fails maybe ask someone else for help in order to understand it better.

jens wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:16 pm Thanks for the laugh! And the insight in how the brains of some of their loyal customers function. ;-)
You do realize that you are the one obsessing about PA. ;)
I applaud your creative way of dealing with language. I am just a little afraid you may think your funny use of the word "obsessing" here may be valid for anyone but yourself.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:57 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:55 pm We need a Plugin Empire to fight the Plugin Alliance.
Use the Force, KVR.
It's funny because at one point Plugin Alliance were seen as the "good guys".
Maybe it's time people realize companies don't deserve too much loyalty and praise. In the end they only want one thing - Or actually, 4 things: Cardholder name, card number, expiry date and CVC code :P

Yeah. Dirk and company should keep on shoving plugins for almost nothing and vouchers down greedy throats.

Etienne1973 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:39 pm Yeah. Dirk and company should keep on shoving plugins for almost nothing and vouchers down greedy throats.
Hey, they didn’t have to go down that route. They chose to. They devalued their own market.

This is what I see:

They’re cutting their loses. They knew many people would be upset. Doesn’t matter. They made their money from these people, but since a race to the bottom is never sustainable for all but the deepest pockets, they shift to a model which caters to the influx of new customers, those who are coming up in an age of subscriptions so the feudal/rental legacy isn’t so of putting.

Is it still possible to use the monthly voucher to pay the PA's license transfer fee?
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

To understand how harmful the vouchers have been to the market, look into Groupon. Groupon is a voucher business and it destroyed small business in many different markets. I know because I experienced it first hand.

perpetual3 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:09 pm To understand how harmful the vouchers have been to the market, look into Groupon. Groupon is a voucher business and it destroyed small business in many different markets. I know because I experienced it first hand.
Sure, but are we (as in customers) supposed to feel remorse for using them? I mean, it's a self-inflicted gunshot wound by PA and their marketing antics, and now when they're trying to course-correct, they're bound to piss off tons of (existing) users.

J4R1O wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:07 pm Is it still possible to use the monthly voucher to pay the PA's license transfer fee?
Yes.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:18 pm It's funny because at one point Plugin Alliance were seen as the "good guys".
Maybe it's time people realize companies don't deserve too much loyalty and praise. In the end they only want one thing - Or actually, 4 things: Cardholder name, card number, expiry date and CVC code :P
That's not exactly fair. A lot of the companies in this space are very small, in fact even the larger companies in this space are small businesses by business standards. Plenty of these audio "companies" are 10 or fewer people, many are a single person. The vision and culture is often set by one person, so it really depends on who's at the helm.

Many plugin "companies" are hard-working developers trying to make a fair living building great plugins at reasonable prices and delivering great support.

But to your point:
companies don't deserve too much loyalty and praise
You are right. It's not companies, it's people. Good people deserve our loyalty and praise. The people that make the choice to make updates free for those that paid for the software, the ones that give the best discounts to their loyal customers, that listen to bug reports and do their best to release an update. That don't speak in hyperbole trying to confuse people out of a few $$.

I go out of my way to buy plugins from people like that.

What wonder seems my post on audiophiles was deleted without being offensive but asking how personal the codes are and why millions of codes are the same.... bs company ! Guess they can continue with this shit cause it gefs accepted.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Has the mood in that FB group cooled down?

(I‘m not a member of FB)

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm Has the mood in that FB group cooled down?

(I‘m not a member of FB)
It is 80% fanboys. Or maybe because pa is censoring nicely.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm Has the mood in that FB group cooled down?

(I‘m not a member of FB)
Strange community over there...

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:27 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm

(I‘m not a member of FB)
Strange community over there...
Not that bad if you ask about opinions and help but if you criticize people say "dirk dirk dirk is a good guy. Dirk dirk" .....

And you get ignored by dirk and co about bullshit pa marketing and few days later an open letter from dirk is posted and 95% protect his company...

Hope these believers generate enough money for his expensive pastime...

Return to “Effects”