Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

hyakken wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:58 pm I just released version2 of HY-SeqCollection.
Awesome version update! Thanks!

I see that the intro price for HY-SeqCollection2 is $39. If one buys this now, can you upgrade to the full $99 sequencer bundle (SeqCollection2, RPE, SEQ16x3v2 and MPS2) for the difference ($99-$55 (regular price for HY-SeqCollection2) =$44)?

Hi Hyakken.
I think you did an awesome job with V2 of the seqcollection!
Feels a little bit like Bitwig with all that mod stuff but a great sequencer was always missing there. So cool. :party: THX! :tu:
The average bored guy

This is indeed a massive update :o , when I have time will test it in depth. Seriously, when Hyakken release a new version of a plug-in, ones already know it will be an all around rework and evolution of the plug-ins, is not just what is there. My experience was the same with hy-delay4, the previous delay3 just wasn't so impressive for me that much to invest in a delay (another delay...), but when he added drag and drop modulations, all of those advanced modulations modes, rearrangement of the effects, eq, waveshaper, the ducker... it just got me and is my go-to. :)

I must admit that I felt myself a little bit lost at the beginning with the sequencers (I even installed and unnistalled all of them like 3 times because i couldn't understand), then with time I learned and got all of them, now they are indispensable. Would be a nice if all the PDF manual files could be opened in the option: "Go to Manual Page" in the menu, with the installers of HY-plugins and actualized, intead to go straight to the website, if possible, I rarely use my laptop too much connected to Internet. In addition to that, such versatile plug-ins has complexity and it really could affect the perspective of new people if they don't know well what's going on, the good manual in the installer could help with all that, and some YouTube videos :roll: .

Overall a great job, Thanks for all this generous update. :)

This is insane, been wanting something with these features for forever

A warning to those using Cubase, I am getting a noise burst when loading SeqCollection2 as an instrument track. Be sure to turn down your speakers to avoid damaging your equipment or your ears before loading the plugin. I'm on a Mac using Cubase Pro 10.
I have sent a video to HY detailing the problem so hopefully there will be a fix soon.

HY is one of my all time favorite developers and this update looks amazing! I'm especially excited for the Euclidean section. Can't wait to try it once this issue gets sorted.

evo2slo wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:08 pm A warning to those using Cubase, I am getting a noise burst when loading SeqCollection2 as an instrument track. Be sure to turn down your speakers to avoid damaging your equipment or your ears before loading the plugin. I'm on a Mac using Cubase Pro 10.
I have sent a video to HY detailing the problem so hopefully there will be a fix soon.

HY is one of my all time favorite developers and this update looks amazing! I'm especially excited for the Euclidean section. Can't wait to try it once this issue gets sorted.

May be the demo feature, you have to re authorise it with the v1 license to clear demo restrictions

Definitely not a demo thing, I was able to authorize it.

My guess is something to do with the midi recorder. Never had this issue with any other HY plugs. They all run fantastic.

Here's a video with sound - be sure to TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME BEFORE PLAYING.

https://youtu.be/OD05l6c8PCI

Wow!!! Yeah that’s not good!!! I’m sure he will be on top of that in no time and issuing a fix, like you said his stuff is great
evo2slo wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:46 pm Definitely not a demo thing, I was able to authorize it.

My guess is something to do with the midi recorder. Never had this issue with any other HY plugs. They all run fantastic.

Wow, thanks HY!
evo2slo wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:08 pm A warning to those using Cubase, I am getting a noise burst when loading SeqCollection2 as an instrument track.
So am I.

Dude, every release just gets nicer and nicer. Nicer on the eyes, nicer to use. Nicer sound.

Boy this is great, love it!

A small request, could you add "Midi Thru" like you have in HY-MPS2?

It's an instrument not effect?

hyakken wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:58 pm Hello,

I just released version2 of HY-SeqCollection.

Format:
VST2(32/64bit) for Windows
VST2 and AUv3(64bit) for Mac
*AUv3 version is only for Logic user.

Price:
$55 (free update for version1 user) / free

System Requirements:
Win : Windows7 or higher
Mac : OSX 10.9 or higher

Main Features:
  • 6 sequencer engines(Acid, Dark, M5816, Step16, Hexa, Euclid)
  • 4 modulation signal generators and 8 macro controls
  • Drag and drop modulation assignment
  • Midi FX (9 effect type)
  • Midi Recorder
  • Sequencer pattern snapshot
  • Randomizer
  • Re-scaleble interface
Intro discount until July 30th on KVR marketplace and ADSR store.

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seqcollectionwinmac/
Please check it.
Just bought this to send some more support your way :D. Thanks for all of the amazing work, hyakken! It looks lovely!

Unfortunately, the plugin in exhibiting nasty behavior in Bitwig Studio 3 as well. No matter what instrument it is routed to, no matter which way it is routed, it just outputs horrendous loud "fuzz". I made a quick video and posted it up for you: https://vimeo.com/348734403

Tried it out in Ableton Live 10.1 and everything works perfectly (so far), so that's pretty confusing. I've been working in bitwig since the new release, and everything has been amazingly smooth and stable, so I have been pumping my monitors a bit... this was a nasty surprise :help:!

evo2slo wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:46 pm Definitely not a demo thing, I was able to authorize it.

Just to clarify, this is not a demo issue over here either. I wanted to keep my recording short, but I should mention that this behavior is universally expressed by the full and successfully authorized version, the demo version, and the free version. Identical behavior from the whole line. As far as I remember, I have also never had an issue with any other HY plugs (that I didn't create myself :P) , though I admit to not owning the whole roster yet.

Return to “Effects”