Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

The freebie multiband fx plugin GUI grows in size if you close the GUI and then reopen it here in Cubase. One can reset the size then close the GUI with the X in the top corner. But, as soon as the GUI is reopened, it grows to a larger size.

bharris22 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:33 pm I see that the intro price for HY-SeqCollection2 is $39. If one buys this now, can you upgrade to the full $99 sequencer bundle (SeqCollection2, RPE, SEQ16x3v2 and MPS2) for the difference ($99-$55 (regular price for HY-SeqCollection2) =$44)?
Is there a special price for the $99 sequencer bundle till July 30th?
SeqCollection VERSION 2, RPE, SEQ16x3v2 and MPS2.
For those that have participated in this thread? :tu:

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:56 am Is there a special price for the $99 sequencer bundle till July 30th?
Uh? but how and why?

I mean the package for the 4 sequencers already has a big discount though, normaly separated, you would have the 4 sequencers and arpeggio for $173, and he is already making it affordable all for $99, so you're already getting like 1 and/or almost 2 sequencers/arpeggio practically for free, also keeping in mind that (at least as far as I see) he regularly release free updates versions of those plug-ins. Actually I never have seen hyakken asking paid upgrades for any of them. So in any case if he is doing like Image Line or Melda who knows? but he deserves the right payment for all that work and advanced updates all around on all those plug-ins.

I'm just saying this because Although I like economic options, I also try to understand the side of the developer that works to get those nice advanced updates, Is already a very good price for everything and is not like hyakken does much sales neither.

Teawhyelleare wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:48 am Unfortunately, the plugin in exhibiting nasty behavior in Bitwig Studio 3 as well. No matter what instrument it is routed to, no matter which way it is routed, it just outputs horrendous loud "fuzz". I made a quick video and posted it up for you: https://vimeo.com/348734403
Win7x64 Bitwig3 here with no noise issue had. Had a loud noise some days ago, but that had nothing to do with hyakken. Strange sound indeed in your vid.
The average bored guy

Win7 Live 10.1 also no issue. Great plugin. :)

acousticglue wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:37 amIt's an instrument not effect?
Yes, but Hyakkens main thread is this one. Traditionally.

It's a sequencer, spitting out MIDI for other instruments. Here's how it works in Studio One: You drag it into the Instruments section of the mixer. Then you can choose it as an input for your instruments (dropdown to the left of an instrument track). Done.

If you bought a few of his plugins, his discouts for existing customers are huge and you can afford anything.

The midi fx lane, and putting scaling etc into it, was a good idea.

bite_me wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:11 am
Teawhyelleare wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:48 am Unfortunately, the plugin in exhibiting nasty behavior in Bitwig Studio 3 as well. No matter what instrument it is routed to, no matter which way it is routed, it just outputs horrendous loud "fuzz". I made a quick video and posted it up for you: https://vimeo.com/348734403
Win7x64 Bitwig3 here with no noise issue had. Had a loud noise some days ago, but that had nothing to do with hyakken. Strange sound indeed in your vid.
Super strange. Should have mentioned that I am running Windows 10 x64.

The previous video is just the tip of the iceberg, apparently. I was working on some patches and while taking a quick break, decided to check in here. My computer has been restarted and cleaned up since. (Fair warning: I cut it before things get too intense at the end, but it gets loud and rowdy.) Here's the results I arrived at by tossing it in to my current project: https://vimeo.com/348778548

Notice that only SEQ2 causes this behavior, and also notice that once loaded, there is 0 routing going on. I haven't even attempted to route the midi anywhere, and there are no visible inputs going in to the HY channels. Yet, it still acts as some sort of wavefolder for the playing audio. Things get really strange if I stop playing audio. Even starting from 0 signal, it generates gnarly spikes of that wave fold sound. Then eventually it gets to the place where it "yells". I may try to resample it because it's really intense and kinda cool, but also rowdy and creepy... :help:

Teawhyelleare wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 am

The previous video is just the tip of the iceberg, apparently. I was working on some patches and while taking a quick break, decided to check in here. My computer has been restarted and cleaned up since. (Fair warning: I cut it before things get too intense at the end, but it gets loud and rowdy.) Here's the results I arrived at by tossing it in to my current project: https://vimeo.com/348778548

Notice that only SEQ2 causes this behavior, and also notice that once loaded, there is 0 routing going on. I haven't even attempted to route the midi anywhere, and there are no visible inputs going in to the HY channels. Yet, it still acts as some sort of wavefolder for the playing audio. Things get really strange if I stop playing audio. Even starting from 0 signal, it generates gnarly spikes of that wave fold sound. Then eventually it gets to the place where it "yells". I may try to resample it because it's really intense and kinda cool, but also rowdy and creepy... :help:
Sorry for your issue.
My sequencer plugin doesn't have audio signal path.
So technically it will not generate any sound.
I have received similar issue report from Cubase user.
My main host is Ableton and I have never seen this on it.

By the way, if you insert gain control plugin after SeqCollection2,
can you eliminate the noise?

Tadashi

Can you try this version?
v1.0.24
Win:
https://hy-plugins.com/wp-content/uploa ... taller.exe

Mac:
https://hy-plugins.com/wp-content/uploa ... n2.pkg.zip

I added dummy audio output bus to the plugin.
This might fix the buzzy noise thing.

Tadashi

JunSev wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:21 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:56 am Is there a special price for the $99 sequencer bundle till July 30th?
Uh? but how and why?

I mean the package for the 4 sequencers already has a big discount though, normaly separated, you would have the 4 sequencers and arpeggio for $173, and he is already making it affordable all for $99, so you're already getting like 1 and/or almost 2 sequencers/arpeggio practically for free, also keeping in mind that (at least as far as I see) he regularly release free updates versions of those plug-ins. Actually I never have seen hyakken asking paid upgrades for any of them. So in any case if he is doing like Image Line or Melda who knows? but he deserves the right payment for all that work and advanced updates all around on all those plug-ins.

I'm just saying this because Although I like economic options, I also try to understand the side of the developer that works to get those nice advanced updates, Is already a very good price for everything and is not like hyakken does much sales neither.
It is rude to try to make yourself look good at the cost of another. That’s not nice!

Any way to change the note timing of the individual rings in the euclidean seq? Say first ring turns at 1/16th and second ring 1/8th..etc..

hyakken wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Sorry for your issue.
My sequencer plugin doesn't have audio signal path.
So technically it will not generate any sound.
I have received similar issue report from Cubase user.
My main host is Ableton and I have never seen this on it.

By the way, if you insert gain control plugin after SeqCollection2,
can you eliminate the noise?

Tadashi
Thank you very much for your quick responses, Tadashi!

While I understand what you are saying, and as weird as that makes this, I assure you the the plugin is generating sound for me. I installed the new build, and nothing seems to have changed. Even when the channel has no inputs and the transport is still, any audio within the DAW creates a loud consistent sound from SEQ2. The same behavior occurs when attempting to route midi. Interestingly, the gain control does seem to work, though I need multiple (4, or -144db) utilities to push the sound below the floor. I made another video for you here:
https://vimeo.com/348893878

If you look at the FFT analyzer, it's almost as if SEQ2 is somehow passing through (and distorting) any sound played within the DAW.

I also use Ableton Live 10.1, and the plugin behaves exactly as expected there. Both the old build and the new emit no unexpected sound in any configuration I have tried (much like the original SEQ in the video within bitwig). I can make a video of that too, but it's pretty boring and standard ;)

I'm really focused on and deeply in to bitwig right now, so I would love to figure this out! The gain tool solution works well enough for exporting midi, but it's going to be a real workflow killer.

I too have Windows 10 and Bitwig 3 and everything works fine here. Sorry it's not working for you, but SEQ2 seems fine.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:26 pm
JunSev wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:21 am
Uh? but how and why?

It is rude to try to make yourself look good at the cost of another. That’s not nice!
Maybe you misunderstood something? so sorry if it is the case, I'm not trying to make myself look good but just using the reason in the best way possible.

What I'm trying to say is that already the entire package of the 4 sequencers/arpeggio is offering a lot for a very good price and free (Big) updates regularly on all his plug-ins and he also listen to bug reports and is a very responsible developer.

Return to “Effects”