Midi Looper Support Thread

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just curious. Maybe you could test two at the same time to see what happens if it's a simple task to enable at least two (unless it wouldn't be worth pursuing).

I just don’t get how it could be done, a Pattern has to use a single step size, velocity etc... it’s just not feasible to use more than one? I mean if you use 2 velocity levels how could that work? :) If you can give me an example of what you would expect from it, I’m listening.

Just tried recording with Thru selected, as well as running other MIDI FX before MIDILooper (Logic's built-in arpeggiator, to be specific) in order to capture what that was doing, and both worked great, without a hitch and with lots of interesting results. This thing is DONE as far as I'm concerned and so far it's my All-Time Favorite HG Device, which says a LOT> :)

Astralp wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 am ... it’s just not feasible to use more than one...
I kept wanting to turn on more than one when I was playing around, but I see it can't be done. Thanks for explanation.

David wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:18 am The other part of the Logic problem, of course, is how to CAPTURE the output, not just hear it, as MIDI data. RIght now, all the track with a MIDI FX records is the input that triggers it, like the notes you're holding for the Arp to transform…but you don't get the arp output, just the held notes.

There used to be a perfect solution, still working great if you grabbed it before the source disappeared (anybody know that story?). It was called Audio CR MIDI FX freeze, a MIDI FX whose sole function was to capture the output of other MIDI FX for dragging into a track. Hopefully somebody else will soon take on the task of replacing it (which should be Apple's, IMO!), but in the meantime, there's the old option of looping the output out of Logic and back in via the IAC driver, using an "external Instrument".

Hey, great news for Logic users! MIDI FX Freeze is once again available! (http://www.audiocr.com) I just happened to check and the website is back, and a download worked. One great feature of this thing is that you can set the track to loop while you improvise, and if this is ON, it'll capture everything you do for as long as you loop. SO glad to see it back, so those who’ve had it forever no longer need to avoid mentioning it to new Logic users, or explain how we're stuck with Apple-provided workarounds…

v1.0 is now available :)

V1.0
• Added Left and Right Sequence Shifts per Note on the Sequence Edit Page.
• Added Pattern Utility Menu with functions to split a Pattern across all patterns by Octave, Note, Position or Randomly. Also Remix all Patterns and individual functions for Randomize existing data or Remix Single Pattern.
• Added Utility Menu for copying current Scale to ‘X’ Scale Slot.
• Edit Tables could produce out of range Velocity Values.
• Added Temporary Save Area as a way to Backup the Entire Working State so it can be quickly Restored.
• Fixed Recorded Lights not always updating when Recording.
• Clock Displays now Reset on DAW Stop.

The biggest thing is the Pattern Edit Functions which allow ‘exploding’ a Pattern to other patterns in various ways which add some interesting possibilities. There are also Remix options like in previous instruments as well as Combine Patterns to current (choose an empty pattern for it though as it starts by deleting the pattern). I’ve also added a temp save which is just a copy of the preset memory as a backup which can be restored at any time, and restoring will swap the current state so it can be used like a compare or undo.

Anyway, I’m pretty happy with things as they are now and think I’ve killed all the bugs now and so I’ll officially release it tomorrow.

Really enjoying this instrument: super stuff, cheers Andy 😁

Paul Corello wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:54 pm Really enjoying this instrument: super stuff, cheers Andy 😁
Thanks Paul! I’m really glad you like it :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”