Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

The Euclidean sequencer is great, it easily produces musical results. A joy to use. And yeah, this one wants to be integrated into rpe.

So that is the respective paper, will read later...
http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~godfried/publi ... /banff.pdf

When we click and drag the small modulation targets, can you make it temperarily display the currently changing min/max value? Or permanently display the range? E. g. in case of pitch. If a modulation is assigned, display "E2..F#4" instead of just "E2".
Generally speaking, a bit more information on modulated targets would be nice.

Changing UI size when bottom bar is not show leads to kind if sttetched fonts UI. Studio One here.

Just purchased this and I am very excited to try it! However, I am having trouble with the installer. Using the Full/Demo installer on the HY Download page, it looks like it creates the presets and uninstaller but no .dll in the VST folder I designated at install. Obviously others are not having this problem, as everyone here seems to be using it, but any ideas about what may be causing this issue for me would be appreciated! I tried running as administrator, and I am on Windows 10 32 bit.

Thanks!

Edit: When I download the Full/Demo "non-installer" zip file on the Seq2 page (not from the overall Download page for all products), the .dll files are there. Naturally, I can simply manually place the .dll in my VST folder, but could somebody please tell me where the folder called "HY-Plugins" should be placed?

bharris22 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:11 pm but could somebody please tell me where the folder called "HY-Plugins" should be placed?
IIRC by default it's *C:\Users\*username*\Documents
...the standard "MyDocuments" ... but you can point to it in the plugin menu to any location you want "Set Preset Folder Location"

a wacky question of the year :)

SeqCollection2:
if i am not mistaken seems there is no global randomize buttons in the sequencers (?)

is it possible to make the Macro controls (especially the button ones) assignable to the Randomize buttons?
so we would use it as a global Randomize?

bharris22 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:11 pm and I am on Windows 10 32 bit
I know this is not answer and about your particular issue, but just a recommendation: would be nice if you upgrade whenever you can to 64 bit already. Don't get stock with old very limited configurations. All in good will.

JunSev wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:30 pm
I know this is not answer and about your particular issue, but just a recommendation: would be nice if you upgrade whenever you can to 64 bit already. Don't get stock with old very limited configurations. All in good will.
I appreciate your concern, but I am working on a tablet here. I have found that a very inexpensive Windows tablet such as this one is more than capable for using several excellent synths (Zebra and Predator among them) while also being perfect for midi sequencing hardware synths. 64 bit is not going to happen on this tablet, and that is fine :).
Last edited by bharris22 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kr3eM wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:10 pm
bharris22 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:11 pm but could somebody please tell me where the folder called "HY-Plugins" should be placed?
IIRC by default it's *C:\Users\*username*\Documents
...the standard "MyDocuments" ... but you can point to it in the plugin menu to any location you want "Set Preset Folder Location"
Thanks!

bharris22 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:56 pm
JunSev wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:30 pm
I appreciate your concern, but I am working on a tablet here. I have found that a very inexpensive Windows tablet such as this one is more than capable for using several excellent synths (Zebra and Predator among them) while also being perfect for midi sequencing hardware synths. 64 bit is not going to happen on this tablet, and that is fine :).
Oh ok, now I understand, all good. :hug:

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:46 pm When we click and drag the small modulation targets, can you make it temperarily display the currently changing min/max value? Or permanently display the range? E. g. in case of pitch. If a modulation is assigned, display "E2..F#4" instead of just "E2".
Generally speaking, a bit more information on modulated targets would be nice.

Changing UI size when bottom bar is not show leads to kind if sttetched fonts UI. Studio One here.
about modulation value display
Maybe it is for future update.
I want to add midi learn next.

"Changing UI size when bottom bar is not show leads to kind if sttetched fonts UI. Studio One here."
Sorry, what do you mean this?

Tadashi
Last edited by hyakken on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bharris22 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:11 pm Just purchased this and I am very excited to try it! However, I am having trouble with the installer. Using the Full/Demo installer on the HY Download page, it looks like it creates the presets and uninstaller but no .dll in the VST folder I designated at install. Obviously others are not having this problem, as everyone here seems to be using it, but any ideas about what may be causing this issue for me would be appreciated! I tried running as administrator, and I am on Windows 10 32 bit.

Thanks!

Edit: When I download the Full/Demo "non-installer" zip file on the Seq2 page (not from the overall Download page for all products), the .dll files are there. Naturally, I can simply manually place the .dll in my VST folder, but could somebody please tell me where the folder called "HY-Plugins" should be placed?
Sorry for your trouble.
I actually no idea about missing dll thing.
I will test it on my computer.

about "HY-Plugins" folder
That one contains preset folders and its default location is user document folder.
You can manually set folder location via "Set preset folder" menu in the plugin.

Tadashi
Last edited by hyakken on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yellukhan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:18 pm a wacky question of the year :)

SeqCollection2:
if i am not mistaken seems there is no global randomize buttons in the sequencers (?)

is it possible to make the Macro controls (especially the button ones) assignable to the Randomize buttons?
so we would use it as a global Randomize?
Unfortunately it's not possible to do it.
I will think about remote control for randomize buttons.

Tadashi
Last edited by hyakken on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:42 pm The Euclidean sequencer is great, it easily produces musical results. A joy to use. And yeah, this one wants to be integrated into rpe.

So that is the respective paper, will read later...
http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~godfried/publi ... /banff.pdf
Yes, that paper is great.
I think this one is the latest version of Euclidian Algorithm paper
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/do ... 1&type=pdf

Tadashi
Last edited by hyakken on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JunSev wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:33 pm Hyankken has updated the sequencers with some minor bug fixes and a new addition to HY-MPS2: Midi Imput Map. Now is possible to have more control with the notes, sequences and blocks playing live or in the mix; a very nice feature. :clap:

https://hy-plugins.com/plugin-update-3/

I just jumped in the deal of all the sequencers and arpeggio some months ago and although with a little learning curve is worth the investment, I'm almost getting all the plug-ins haha.

Hyakken is underrated with awesome updates on all plug-ins regularly. :)
Yes, I think midi map is useful feature.
I hope I will be able to expand it.

Tadashi
Last edited by hyakken on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenmind72 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:00 am HY-FX CM

Hi, not sure if people have seen this, but I found this in the current CM magazine - a multi fx with 22 processors and 3 modulators. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks quite good (to my eyes).

Many thanks for this!

https://www.musicradar.com/news/house-a ... is-out-now
I think that one is handy little plugin.

Tadashi

Return to “Effects”