The best VST Oscilloscope?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Scope Visualizer

ENV1 wrote:
aciddose wrote:...you'd need a separate "sync input" on the scope which would come from the raw unfiltered root frequency waveform such as a sub oscillator.
The 'Modular' variant of s(M)exoscope has a third input (plus the trigger-option 'External') for just that purpose.

For some reason the external trigger signal needs to be rather high-amplitude (otherwise the scope wont trigger/refresh) but once everything is dialled in right it pretty much does what youd expect.

There may be others that have this functionality but im not aware of any.
That's a bit unusual actually... normally there would be a control for threshold or other trigger options like delay, window length, pulse selection and so on for more advanced scopes.

In the general case it's a "zero crossing detector" which triggers where you have a postive-going (or negative-going) impulse that crosses the threshold voltage. That's normally adjustable with a knob labelled trigger "level" or similar.

People often complain about some of these tools being "too complicated" so I'd be surprised if s(M)exoscope doesn't have the trigger level control somewhere there.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Never knew there were so many out there!

Features I want in the oscilloscope vst are that I can put a trigger pulse on a separate track and move it around on the track where I want the scope to trigger, that way I have some control over what I'm looking at instead of the scope trying to 'figure it out'. Being able to set more than one trigger like that would be even better, and midi triggers would be even better.

For anyone searching this thread. I found this https://www.kvraudio.com/product/oscill ... y-socalabs

It's pretty badass! Really clean signals and as long as you put enough dB signal into it it's completely stable on screen. At least what I've been looking at. Beats a lot of other scopes out there I've seen and it's free!! :D :D

I have an analogue scope, but you can't have too many scopes

soundemote pretty scope

Most oscilloscope don't allow to freeze and layer snapshots. Bit of a shame. It's very useful for comparing stuff.

i like OszillosMegaScope from schulz audio

https://schulz.audio/products/oszillos-mega-scope/

Its primary use isn't as an oscilloscope but I find the Cableguys shaper plugins work really well as an oscilloscope.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Wow just found out about Signalizer through this thread! Downloaded and installed immediately... super impressed. I can't believe we have really great tools for free these days!

MOscilloscope

I should take a second look at signalizer. Last time I didnt find an up to date installer for mac. Would love for that tool to be paid instead. I was also looking for a good spectrogram but I have Insight 1 and with the meter taps that works really good tbh. They should include a scope in that package.

mrj1nx wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:16 am I should take a second look at signalizer. Last time I didnt find an up to date installer for mac. Would love for that tool to be paid instead.
I've just been evaluating several oscilloscopes and, judging by the video, Signalizer has the most fully featured set of controls that I have seen yet. But I cannot get it to work with Cubase in Windows 10. I notice that Signalizer has had no new software updates for two years. So, sadly, I think we can assume that it is effectively 'dead' as far as ongoing maintenance and development is concerned.

Simon

GearNostalgia wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:28 am I have been using Jscope and other freebees for some time to check my sounds, but I have a hard time getting them to draw a clean wave from my synths so maybe it is time to get a better oscilloscope plugin.

Help me out here, which ones are the best for drawing nice waves and offer a resizeable GUIs?
What do you intend to do with it? How does it benefit the sound? I don't know, I'm asking in all seriousness.

GearNostalgia wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:02 pm
aciddose wrote:
I'd love a MORDAX-DATA but it'd make no sense for me whatsoever, practically any way.

aciddose wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:30 pm
ENV1 wrote:
aciddose wrote:...you'd need a separate "sync input" on the scope which would come from the raw unfiltered root frequency waveform such as a sub oscillator.
The 'Modular' variant of s(M)exoscope has a third input (plus the trigger-option 'External') for just that purpose.

For some reason the external trigger signal needs to be rather high-amplitude (otherwise the scope wont trigger/refresh) but once everything is dialled in right it pretty much does what youd expect.

There may be others that have this functionality but im not aware of any.
That's a bit unusual actually... normally there would be a control for threshold or other trigger options like delay, window length, pulse selection and so on for more advanced scopes.

In the general case it's a "zero crossing detector" which triggers where you have a postive-going (or negative-going) impulse that crosses the threshold voltage. That's normally adjustable with a knob labelled trigger "level" or similar.

People often complain about some of these tools being "too complicated" so I'd be surprised if s(M)exoscope doesn't have the trigger level control somewhere there.
Almost precisely a year late :hihi: but you can use the controls that are there with an external trigger signal too, except of course 'Internal Trig Speed' since it no longer applies.

(In other words you are free to use Time, Amplitude, Retrigger Threshold, etcetera regardless of whether you are using the internal or an external trigger.)

Return to “Effects”