Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gerk wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:10 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Vleker wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:23 pm Reverb is clearing stock I guess, Reverb just halved items on some things that weren't selling so they really want to get rid of it
It's not like serials take up any significant storage space / maintenance costs....
They DO take up cash/debt on the books, which is something a company may want to clear out when being sold.
Well, while this is true, if a company really needs to clear out a few Waves plugins for 9 bucks each there is a bigger problem.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:03 pmNo
It has been a while since the controversial Cloud service went live, which got a lot of customers disappointed after not being able to download installers from their account at our Members Area anymore. I have been reading some cases during the last few weeks that made me reconsider how this was set, so here's a small and flexible change may be of interest for all discoDSP customers and future ones:

Now, any registered customer is entitled to 3 free download slots for the products at his account. There are some minor cases where there is a download limit already but let me know at contactus@discodsp.com and we will sort it out.

Once those 3 free slots are used, then the only way to get access to more is getting Cloud service, which as everybody knows, brings all product updates linked to your account free for 1 year, as well as access to latest installers (no download limits, under reasonable conditions!). Hope this decision at least can make things better for some and you can accept my apologies for the inconveniences.

Cheers.

I can't quote since he's been blocking me for some reason :lol:

Guess the episode had some kind of impact.. Businesswise I'm happy since I can download the installers and backup them. But may take awhile to forgive him his behavior and threats and..
I bought Bliss during one of those APD or VSTBuzz sales. Took three emails to get a correct download code, and now that I have a new computer, I found that the unzip file unzipped everywhere into places it shouldn't have unzipped even though there was a DiscoDSP folder and I stupidly deleted the download. I almost never delete downloads. Also, never got 3 downloads. Just the one. Now they want to charge because it has upgraded? Yeah, no. I have many similar things that do the same stuff. Don't need it enough to pay but it does leave a bad taste when they say I get 3 downloads and it hasn't even been 6 months. I got it to semi work on the new computer looking at the old setup and doing a search for files. Still probably won't use it.

Just to be fair. I'm not complaining because they are charging for an upgrade. I just want the version I bought.

Well.. The policy changed pretty much without a warning (unless you spend your days at their social media sites) so a lot of people didn't have a possibility to download a backup copy.

IMO that current model is quite good. When you notice that all your disco plugins have been upgraded, pay a tiny cloud payment and all your plugins get the latest version. Even major version upgrades. Then wait until something interesting comes in and repeat.

Now that 3 download slots is something that should've been there since the day one, when the sub model came.
But it's now there and I won't complain. I'm glad he decided to give those three slots.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm
Vleker wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:23 pm Reverb is clearing stock I guess, Reverb just halved items on some things that weren't selling so they really want to get rid of it
It's not like serials take up any significant storage space / maintenance costs....
They DO take up cash/debt on the books, which is something a company may want to clear out when being sold.
Well, while this is true, if a company really needs to clear out a few Waves plugins for 9 bucks each there is a bigger problem.
In an acquisition situation buying debt, no matter how little, is a liability.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm
My thoughts exactly. I can’t imagine the executives are keeping a close watch on those Waves plugins, counting down the minutes til their company is finally free of that debt burden.

Few deals over at Boz and their +10db is now $39 down from $149. I only have stock ableton EQ's and compressors and looking for something that will be a good upgrade which i can use on anything and everything including individual tracks and sounds, groups and master channel.

Is this something worth getting for the price? Or would something else be better? Any users on here that love it? or hate it?

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/10db-bundle/

Sk1nZ wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 pm Few deals over at Boz and their +10db is now $39 down from $149. I only have stock ableton EQ's and compressors and looking for something that will be a good upgrade which i can use on anything and everything including individual tracks and sounds, groups and master channel.

Is this something worth getting for the price? Or would something else be better? Any users on here that love it? or hate it?

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/10db-bundle/
For me, personally, any Boz deal is always a great deal.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Okay. So I don't know if this was posted. Delete if a duplicate.

For all you guitar shmos out there.

BIAS FX is 40% off all version if you can prove you are a student or teacher.

https://www.positivegrid.com/educational-program/
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Did anyone out there buy Loom for the random button and not regret it?

If i finally land miniSyn-X, am i gonna roll over afterwards and wish i just stayed at home with impOscar?

Do I really wanna know what the rich people are doing?

Loom II is a steal right now. I didn't buy loom for the randomizer button but I think loom is great outside of the interface, the support and few bugs. The randomizer button works better if you hold shift. It keeps your modules in place. Loom's automation system is what makes it stand out from other synths. You can do some whacky modulation with the morph pad.

About this one:

waves NX 17 € !!!
https://reverb.com/uk/software/utilitie ... headphones

I am interested, but I don't understand this Reverb website. There is no 'buy' button, but 'coming soon'. Should I use the 'watch' feature so that i'll be informed when we can actually buy it? Or make an 'offer'. How do I get this? Just wait, perhaps?
The more you learn - the less you understand

Wittenberg wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:33 pm About this one:

waves NX 17 € !!!
https://reverb.com/uk/software/utilitie ... headphones

I am interested, but I don't understand this Reverb website. There is no 'buy' button, but 'coming soon'. Should I use the 'watch' feature so that i'll be informed when we can actually buy it? Or make an 'offer'. How do I get this? Just wait, perhaps?
No, I'm sorry but it's gone. Reverb had a few single license on sale this week's. I bought another and after I did it was instantly gone. Coming soon basically means sold out. I don't think it will be back for that price.

Sound Forge Pro 12 and Acid Pro 8 (plus other software) for $25 at Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/t ... n-software

These are one version behind the current, but are upgradeable (check Magix site for prices). There are new versions relatively frequently, being behind a version is not that bad IMO (I've been skipping versions), and if they keep doing these Humble Bundles (this must be their 3rd or 4th time), it's the least expensive way to get these.

Reverb now has 5 Sonivox singles for $1 each.

Not sure if others have tried the “make an offer” button on reverb. I offered $100can for soundtoys 5 and they countered with $200 Canadian which I think is lower than even the Black Friday price so I purchased. Maybe I’m wrong about pricing but sounds like a good deal to me. Maybe someone else can benefit.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”