Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If anyone on here has a .ac.uk email and is willing to help me, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Matthewrymarz wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:53 pm Loom II is a steal right now. I didn't buy loom for the randomizer button but I think loom is great outside of the interface, the support and few bugs. The randomizer button works better if you hold shift. It keeps your modules in place. Loom's automation system is what makes it stand out from other synths. You can do some whacky modulation with the morph pad.
Cannot get reaper to recognise the demo. Had a similar problem with Hybrid. Shows in iLok etc, but Reaper cant see it. Bummer as i would like to test it out for that price
EDIT changed the name of the 64bit dll and now they both show, with the original name, not the changed one. Seems a fun synth, shame the gui is so small
Last edited by fairlyclose on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:18 pm
Matthewrymarz wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:53 pm Loom II is a steal right now. I didn't buy loom for the randomizer button but I think loom is great outside of the interface, the support and few bugs. The randomizer button works better if you hold shift. It keeps your modules in place. Loom's automation system is what makes it stand out from other synths. You can do some whacky modulation with the morph pad.
Cannot get reaper to recognise the demo. Had a similar problem with Hybrid. Shows in iLok etc, but Reaper cant see it. Bummer as i would like to test it out for that price
The AIR instruments are also a pain with installation. I uninstalled them on my HDD to reinstall on my Plug-in SSR and it made the installer (and the uninstaller after it) corrupt. It was a pain to fix and took me quite a while!

Vleker wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:42 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:18 pm
The AIR instruments are also a pain with installation. I uninstalled them on my HDD to reinstall on my Plug-in SSR and it made the installer (and the uninstaller after it) corrupt. It was a pain to fix and took me quite a while!
I changed the dll name and they started working. Strange, will try with Hybrid as well

yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:45 pm Sound Forge Pro 12 and Acid Pro 8 (plus other software) for $25 at Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/t ... n-software

These are one version behind the current, but are upgradeable (check Magix site for prices). There are new versions relatively frequently, being behind a version is not that bad IMO (I've been skipping versions), and if they keep doing these Humble Bundles (this must be their 3rd or 4th time), it's the least expensive way to get these.
Magix seems to do more upgrades and fewer updates. This Soundforge is 64 bit along with Acid. Acid Music Studio is nice. BTW don't ignore that MP3 program. I like that it has online radio.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:50 am Does anyone have any idea when will the next Soundtoys sale happen? I guess it might be only at BF now?

I am mainly waiting for a flash sale on Little Plate. :arrow:
Isn't there a sale atm? Or is it educational only?

Maybe Soundtoys 6 is near ...

dzilizzi wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:03 pmNo
It has been a while since the controversial Cloud service went live, which got a lot of customers disappointed after not being able to download installers from their account at our Members Area anymore. I have been reading some cases during the last few weeks that made me reconsider how this was set, so here's a small and flexible change may be of interest for all discoDSP customers and future ones:

Now, any registered customer is entitled to 3 free download slots for the products at his account. There are some minor cases where there is a download limit already but let me know at contactus@discodsp.com and we will sort it out.

Once those 3 free slots are used, then the only way to get access to more is getting Cloud service, which as everybody knows, brings all product updates linked to your account free for 1 year, as well as access to latest installers (no download limits, under reasonable conditions!). Hope this decision at least can make things better for some and you can accept my apologies for the inconveniences.

Cheers.

I can't quote since he's been blocking me for some reason :lol:

Guess the episode had some kind of impact.. Businesswise I'm happy since I can download the installers and backup them. But may take awhile to forgive him his behavior and threats and..
I bought Bliss during one of those APD or VSTBuzz sales. Took three emails to get a correct download code, and now that I have a new computer, I found that the unzip file unzipped everywhere into places it shouldn't have unzipped even though there was a DiscoDSP folder and I stupidly deleted the download. I almost never delete downloads. Also, never got 3 downloads. Just the one. Now they want to charge because it has upgraded? Yeah, no. I have many similar things that do the same stuff. Don't need it enough to pay but it does leave a bad taste when they say I get 3 downloads and it hasn't even been 6 months. I got it to semi work on the new computer looking at the old setup and doing a search for files. Still probably won't use it.

Just to be fair. I'm not complaining because they are charging for an upgrade. I just want the version I bought.
..and the story continues. Bliss is deleted from the account right before the 3 downloads were invented he only just forgot to mention it as usual. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

FABFILTER Summer Sale https://www.fabfilter.com/
Until September 1, 25% discount on all our bundles
Should i go for this or wait for black friday?

Steinberg is having a sale on their VST instruments and expansions for the next 3 weeks. Anyone know if maybe some 3rd party vendors will be offering the sale? It’s worth going that way just to avoid paying the sales tax

For iOS, they're advertising "25% discount on all FabFilter plug-ins until September 1", not just the bundle. Do they sound noticeably worse than their pc counterparts?...

??? Who said they sound worse?

Cherry audio voltage modular for sale now on audiodeluxe for 50usd.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/vi ... ge-modular

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:33 pm ??? Who said they sound worse?
Some (many?) iOS versions of VSTs seem to use less processing power, unless I'm mistaken. Not sure if that might translate into lower sound quality or not. Or fewer features....

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”