MuLab 8.1.24 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sl23 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:43 am No tooltips work at all. I tried those you mentioned.
That was after a restart, so that hasn't helped either.
Damn!
Well, not bad I suppose. How long has it been? 5 or 6 years of using MuLab and my first issue!
Hopefully you can resolve this soon.
Would the logs help? There are none saved but when I start MuLab it creates one.
Ok so it turned out to be caused by a tool called Rainmeter, which seems to do some system-wide window wizardry. Not only MuLab, but also other apps suffer from Rainmeter. Conclusion: Don't use Rainmeter while using MuLab.

I'm still looking into this and will let people know if I get it resolved.

Also, just like to apologise to Jo again for the wasted time due to this. :oops:
Last edited by sl23 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add some colour options to the Tooltips as they blend in too much with my theme.
The ability to specify a border colour and text colour would be sufficient.

Thanks

Your work is always appreciated, MuTools, and the menu font options are pretty nice!

But you know what would be nice as well? Better plug-in management. :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hihi:

Yes I like the new windowing system so far but I cant decide if the front panel of a mux (if it has one) should always be the first window that opens when clicking the arrow in the rack, its no biggie and I'm happy either way but what do you think ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Agreed its no biggie, but i would prefer the front panel to always be first shown when clicking the arrow in the rack. atm it shows whichever was last opened

Front Panel always shown first :tu:

Indeed the front panel is the default. But if a MUX has no front panel then the modular area will be opened by default. Also note that once you switched between front <-> modular your prefered choice will be memorized for that session ie if you switched to modular and close the window, re-opening will show the modular area.

Grizzellda wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:49 pm But you know what would be nice as well? Better plug-in management. :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hihi:
Please elaborate.

mutools wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:44 pm Indeed the front panel is the default. But if a MUX has no front panel then the modular area will be opened by default. Also note that once you switched between front <-> modular your prefered choice will be memorized for that session ie if you switched to modular and close the window, re-opening will show the modular area.
Suits me, I can live with that.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

mutools wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:45 pm
Grizzellda wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:49 pm But you know what would be nice as well? Better plug-in management. :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hihi:
Please elaborate.
Sure, well; I could elaborate by saying that...

I have elaborated before. :hihi: :hihi: Maybe you put it on the FR list?

In fact I have talked about this to the point where I felt it might be tiresome to you, and we wouldn't want that! :lol: :hug:

Basically I said that SONAR had a fine method of plug-in management, and that it was all about sorting stuff into folders and sub-folders...and saving various configurations.

Would be super cool in ye olde MuLab! :hihi: 8) :hihi: 8)

You can group plugins in MuLab.
And you can make MUX patches of your favorite plugin chains and save them as presets so you can instantly recall them in another project.

mutools wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:51 pm You can group plugins in MuLab.
And you can make MUX patches of your favorite plugin chains and save them as presets so you can instantly recall them in another project.

I know these things. I was talking about how plugs appear in the browser area. It would simply be nice to have more folder levels.

But I get your position...using the whole modular approach to sort and store plugs, it works but is different than browser organization.

Also, on MuLab 8.19, I cannot change the colour of a rack!

Grizzellda wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:13 am Also, on MuLab 8.19, I cannot change the colour of a rack!
See https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common/colors.html

M8.1.24 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • Fixed a recent new bug that caused MuClips with MuDrums to not make sound.
  • Refactored the parameter knob. (now pure vectorized)
  • Other small improvements.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

Return to “MUTOOLS”