Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:34 am
thelizard wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:30 am
steff3 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:11 am Yes, would be nice if Byome would work correctly. Bringing out new stuff and leaving bugs for months snd years .... not sure, as a customer I definitely do not appreciate that ...
Have you tried the public beta in the BYOME thread? It's significantly more stable.
It's been months already you posting the beta links. Why isn't it live yet? I can't be bothered tracking down links in forum posts...
I bought BYOME when it came out, it has never worked properly, almost unusable with windows scaling. It has never been officially fixed or updated, but somehow they managed to launch 'paid'; updates for it (TRIAD) and then use it to make Lion as well. A total sham, I gave up on it being fixed as PA dont seem to update anything....Quantity over Quality.

Fortunately the GRID came out and I doint have a need for it anymore anyway, I would sell it bit the licence are almost worthless now.....I wont buy from PA/UA again....lesson learned!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

i really hope your PA wont tag it for 300 bucks or so...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:08 am i really hope your PA wont tag it for 300 bucks or so...
Considering bx_oberhausen is $249, I wouldn't be surprised...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:11 am
Caine123 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:08 am i really hope your PA wont tag it for 300 bucks or so...
oh, f*ck..... well then....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

antic604 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:11 am
Probably true, and not just that...
BYOME is 249 and it's included in Lion for the FX section, as far as I've seen.
Anyway I'm sure it will be a superb instrument to play with.

antic604 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:33 am
Amram wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:35 pmhttps://youtu.be/KJqA8W2TuPc
So, is it me or it's not really as impressive as I was expecting? It sounds like a lot of other things processed through Byome / Triad (not a criticism, just an observation!). I'll definitely try the demo, but as of now it'll have to be at a really good price - considering I own lots of UA stuff - for me to consider it.

Looks like the only synth this year so far to make me drop my jaw was Phaseplant. I was also stunned by Massive X, but for completely different reasons ;)
I agree that the demo isn't especially exciting, but I also think that you shouldn't judge an instrument based on a subpar demo. Some of the synthesis algorithms in Lion - as well as the wild stuff you can do in the mixing section (waveterrain synthesis, etc) - are also in Euro Reakt and they sound amazing there.

To be fair, it's also a matter of preference: this sort of synthesis excels, imo, in non-tonal sound design stuff (think eurorack/Buchla). I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but this video spends very little time on that side of Lion, and for me personally that's the stuff I'm most interested in.
Last edited by Smapti on Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smapti wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:19 pm...this sort of synthesis excels, imo, in non-tonal sound design stuff (think eurorack/Buchla). I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but this video spends very little time on that side of Lion, and for me personally that's the stuff I'm most interested in.
Now that's much more appealing to me. Looking forward to demoing it :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Looking forward to the Unfiltered Audio subscription.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

cturner wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:49 pm Looking forward to the Unfiltered Audio subscription.
I would legit subscribe to that, no joke. They make the only PA plugins I'm interested in.

Smapti wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:35 pm
cturner wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:49 pm Looking forward to the Unfiltered Audio subscription.
I would legit subscribe to that, no joke. They make the only PA plugins I'm interested in.
The Maag subscription was announced today so I wouldn't be too surprised if a UA only bundle were offered.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:13 pmThe Maag subscription was announced today so I wouldn't be too surprised if a UA only bundle were offered.
I think it’s smart of them to do this. I have no interest in the “everything” subscriptions of PA, Slate, McDSP, whomever. In spite of owning the bulk of their plugs, I’ll seriously look at a UA sub. The only and best subs I have are Kush and ReLab: inexpensive on a monthly basis, and there’s a fantastic plug (or more) “at a discount” every year.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

cturner wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:09 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:13 pmThe Maag subscription was announced today so I wouldn't be too surprised if a UA only bundle were offered.
I think it’s smart of them to do this. I have no interest in the “everything” subscriptions of PA, Slate, McDSP, whomever. In spite of owning the bulk of their plugs, I’ll seriously look at a UA sub. The only and best subs I have are Kush and ReLab: inexpensive on a monthly basis, and there’s a fantastic plug (or more) “at a discount” every year.
Did you miss out on all the UA sales before plugin alliance changed their sales strategy? That was the way to go. Not to mention second hand licenses could be had for much cheaper. In the long run a sub is way more expensive than the old model. Now that I've learned the hard way that UA seems to have no easy way of pushing updates for their plugins to fix bugs and make improvements (look at the BYOME and TRIAD threads), its turning me off from owning their stuff.

I wonder if I can rebuild the LION synth with the Euroreakt bundle to save some funds... :?:

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:01 pm I wonder if I can rebuild the LION synth with the Euroreakt bundle to save some funds... :?:
16 voices polyphony in reaktor will kill the cpu i think... ..

exmatproton wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:01 pm I wonder if I can rebuild the LION synth with the Euroreakt bundle to save some funds... :?:
16 voices polyphony in reaktor will kill the cpu i think... ..
I‘m more a monophon or duophon guy...

Return to “Instruments”