So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
51539 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:56 am

reggie1979 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:01 pm
Guitar rid is DEAD. Step on son, be conscience................
in some cultures/beliefs, death only comes when no one remembers, merely saying the name is enough to breathe life in to an entity.

the church of guitar rig thanks you for your donation :)

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
3157 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:57 am

reggie1979 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:15 pm
The model of car I drive is dead. They don't make it anymore. No, I'm not going to stop using it but it's not developed any longer, to me that is dead.
So its evident that you are dead the moment your parents stop making love...
I guess your argument has some sort of undead smell...

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
4175 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:47 am

You’ve got red on your shirt...

reggie1979
KVRAF
1597 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:06 pm

Tj Shredder wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:57 am
reggie1979 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:15 pm
The model of car I drive is dead. They don't make it anymore. No, I'm not going to stop using it but it's not developed any longer, to me that is dead.
So its evident that you are dead the moment your parents stop making love...
I guess your argument has some sort of undead smell...
Hun?

reggie1979
KVRAF
1597 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:07 pm

vurt wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:56 am
reggie1979 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:01 pm
Guitar rid is DEAD. Step on son, be conscience................
in some cultures/beliefs, death only comes when no one remembers, merely saying the name is enough to breathe life in to an entity.

the church of guitar rig thanks you for your donation :)
yeah man, I mean, it's important!

reggie1979
KVRAF
1597 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:15 pm

You guys seems to be making a big deal over this.

To my point, I feel if a product doesn't have an update in a logical period of time................it's dead. Forgive me.

Why would you keep raging on me considering HOW LONG it's been since there is an update?

KVR'idis??????????????

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
3157 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:28 pm

What is a "logical" period of time? What if the product is perfect and simply does not need updates?
Alive is any tool I use. Dead is any tool I don't use.
There is no correlation/connection between being alive and updates.
Though, an update can breathe new life into a program, that is the only reason devs program updates. If a program of a big company like NI does not get updates could be even a sign that it is alive, because they are still able to sell copies because its still useful...

samsam
KVRAF
2760 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:10 pm

So yea, relating to my previous post, welcome back Mike, great to see you again. If you can possiblly just stop typing the word 'troll' in my direction, that'd be great.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
51539 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:26 am

reggie1979 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:15 pm
You guys seems to be making a big deal over this.
you are!

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
51539 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:28 am

samsam wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:10 pm
So yea, relating to my previous post, welcome back Mike, great to see you again. If you can possiblly just stop typing the word 'troll' in my direction, that'd be great.
maybe he meant "t'roll"
which is "the barm" in donksspeek.

samsam
KVRAF
2760 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:33 am

vurt wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:28 am
samsam wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:10 pm
So yea, relating to my previous post, welcome back Mike, great to see you again. If you can possiblly just stop typing the word 'troll' in my direction, that'd be great.
maybe he meant "t'roll"
which is "the barm" in donksspeek.
My favourite work lunch from anywhere in the world in my experience has been chip barm from Hale chippy. With scallop.
Last edited by samsam on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
51539 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:34 am

hale is nice :)

samsam
KVRAF
2760 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:36 am

Hale was very nice indeed :)

(original post edited with added scallop - don't forget a scallop)

reggie1979
KVRAF
1597 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Tj Shredder wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:28 pm
What is a "logical" period of time? What if the product is perfect and simply does not need updates?
Alive is any tool I use. Dead is any tool I don't use.
There is no correlation/connection between being alive and updates.
Though, an update can breathe new life into a program, that is the only reason devs program updates. If a program of a big company like NI does not get updates could be even a sign that it is alive, because they are still able to sell copies because its still useful...
How ever many years it is is unreasonable. But please, keep thinking it's alive!


I don't personally care. Other than people keep thinking this is a viable option when it's been YEARS since an update.

Sorry for being of common sense, please keep on hating :lol:

reggie1979
KVRAF
1597 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:12 pm

People here (only a few, but whatever) keep making a big deal over this.

If you think a YEARS long hiatus means it's alive, whatever. I'm going with it's been a LONG time since an update and it's dead.

Sorry.

Return to “Effects”