So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reggie1979 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:01 am Guitar rid is DEAD. Step on son, be conscience................
in some cultures/beliefs, death only comes when no one remembers, merely saying the name is enough to breathe life in to an entity.

the church of guitar rig thanks you for your donation :)

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:15 am The model of car I drive is dead. They don't make it anymore. No, I'm not going to stop using it but it's not developed any longer, to me that is dead.
So its evident that you are dead the moment your parents stop making love...
I guess your argument has some sort of undead smell...

You’ve got red on your shirt...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:57 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:15 am The model of car I drive is dead. They don't make it anymore. No, I'm not going to stop using it but it's not developed any longer, to me that is dead.
So its evident that you are dead the moment your parents stop making love...
I guess your argument has some sort of undead smell...
Hun?

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:56 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:01 am Guitar rid is DEAD. Step on son, be conscience................
in some cultures/beliefs, death only comes when no one remembers, merely saying the name is enough to breathe life in to an entity.

the church of guitar rig thanks you for your donation :)
yeah man, I mean, it's important!

You guys seems to be making a big deal over this.

To my point, I feel if a product doesn't have an update in a logical period of time................it's dead. Forgive me.

Why would you keep raging on me considering HOW LONG it's been since there is an update?

KVR'idis??????????????

What is a "logical" period of time? What if the product is perfect and simply does not need updates?
Alive is any tool I use. Dead is any tool I don't use.
There is no correlation/connection between being alive and updates.
Though, an update can breathe new life into a program, that is the only reason devs program updates. If a program of a big company like NI does not get updates could be even a sign that it is alive, because they are still able to sell copies because its still useful...

So yea, relating to my previous post, welcome back Mike, great to see you again. If you can possiblly just stop typing the word 'troll' in my direction, that'd be great.

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:15 am You guys seems to be making a big deal over this.
you are!

samsam wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:10 am So yea, relating to my previous post, welcome back Mike, great to see you again. If you can possiblly just stop typing the word 'troll' in my direction, that'd be great.
maybe he meant "t'roll"
which is "the barm" in donksspeek.

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:28 pm
samsam wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:10 am So yea, relating to my previous post, welcome back Mike, great to see you again. If you can possiblly just stop typing the word 'troll' in my direction, that'd be great.
maybe he meant "t'roll"
which is "the barm" in donksspeek.
My favourite work lunch from anywhere in the world in my experience has been chip barm from Hale chippy. With scallop.
Last edited by samsam on Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hale is nice :)

Hale was very nice indeed :)

(original post edited with added scallop - don't forget a scallop)

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:28 am What is a "logical" period of time? What if the product is perfect and simply does not need updates?
Alive is any tool I use. Dead is any tool I don't use.
There is no correlation/connection between being alive and updates.
Though, an update can breathe new life into a program, that is the only reason devs program updates. If a program of a big company like NI does not get updates could be even a sign that it is alive, because they are still able to sell copies because its still useful...
How ever many years it is is unreasonable. But please, keep thinking it's alive!

I don't personally care. Other than people keep thinking this is a viable option when it's been YEARS since an update.

Sorry for being of common sense, please keep on hating :lol:

People here (only a few, but whatever) keep making a big deal over this.

If you think a YEARS long hiatus means it's alive, whatever. I'm going with it's been a LONG time since an update and it's dead.

Sorry.

Return to “Effects”