VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

i was googling and found this :hihi:

- i would like new skins to choose from
- wavetables import and extended funtionality
- easier filter selection and swaping - Quality of life tweak!
[maybe arrows or a small fixed menu at least in the filter section dedicated window maybe?.... to cycle trough them?] (yes, even after years using omnisphere 50% of the times i have to click the little button multiple times because the mouse tolerance for error during selection is so small i end up choosing the wrong filter category and need to repeat the whole process again and even choosing the one i wanted we have to repeat it over and over to cycle them)
- matrix slot "x" as destination would be nice too (yes, i know there's work arounds and now more LFO's then ever...)
Last edited by tasty tatsyn on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 11 times in total.

deleted: duplicate
Last edited by cfanyc on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noiseboyuk wrote:7. Better rhythmic engine as part of STEAM. Contains all drum machines, known and unknown, that can all be patched internally and externally and further rewired using JUCE.

8. A DAW. Any part can be routed to the internal DAW and then re-routed out to any 3rd party DAW of your choice via hardware breakpoints.

9. A host for any other VST, AU or AAX plugin, on a sample-by-sample basis. Each sandboxed to its own process and fed in real time through deep modelling to any linux kernel. Twice.

10. Add 12 new engines for multitimbral adaptive cores, phase linked to AI-compilers with maximum polyphony. Use the machine learning to connect to other instances of Omni via VPN or peer-to-peer encryption. Harvest, then rest, complete.

11. Real FM. Or any digital radio station.

12. Increase resolution of audio engine to 2048 bits, along with the expected reduction in CPU use. And another DAW, this one granular.
Very constructive suggestions. Rest assured they will be implemented
in the special "VIT (very important troll) edition" of omnisphere
(available to distinguished KVR trolls only).

Day dreaming is so much fun!

My Omnisphere wishlist? Keep on updating Omnisphere 2 and bring out Omnisphere 3 in 2024.

This is more of an Omnisphere 2.6 wishlist: I want a polyphonic option for every LFO and envelope. Let it be my problem if I use too much CPU :wink:

Using omnisphere/keyscape in a live environment, i can see where these wishes come from..
As a keyboardist i can see Omnisphere develop further in a perfect live host for bands

cfanyc wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:30 pm 1. multisamples and import/export of common formats for those

2. open up the architecture so that every part of the synth (oscilator waveforms,
samples, filters, fx, arp) can be routed per voice to external hw, vst or daw track and back in
and also external audio can be fed in the signal chain paths start (in lieu of
samples or waveforms)

3. license the granite granular engine

4. add an engine for automatic divisi within single patches or across patches/timbres
of a multi

5. compiler/recorder mode where very complex/computationaly expensive patches
or multis can be internally sampled across notes and intensities and played back
by the multisample engine (or external player)
1. Very good , add to that an option to program multisamples for users so you can trigger layers by almost anything, buttons, vellocity, note input, cc ranges, legato and what else..

2. Even better idea, i would love to use a VST in a multi or even better as an oscilator in a layer just like i now use keyscape. Or VST effects in the dsp rack of Omnisphere

4. A great idea.. i use a tool to create divisi on 4 midi channels and then send those 4 midi channels to 4 monophonic synth sounds.. its so much fun, controlling 4 synths in a live situation..
Erm squared... what on earth does divisi have to do with a synth?! Each note to its own layer or something?

thats exactly what i mean.. no string ensemble but a synth ensemble.. with 4 layers.. this could even work inside a single omnisphere 2.6 sound..

5. Everything that saves processor power and memory is a good thing.

I would like to add to that, new types of oscilators, like using 6(or 8) operator fm sounds as a single oscilator in a layer (much like kurzweil is doing in the forte and waldorf in the quantum) and 3D wavetables with more diversity then analogue synth emulations..

And since Keyscape for me is like an expansion in Omnisphere, i would like to see them add Organ sounds to keyscape. Not just B3, but also church, home, theatre, combo organ sounds..

Multimode expanding to 16 parts from 8..and an interface for better controll of all the layers in a live situation

Now, i am not famailiar with Stylus RMX, but it might be turned into a tool for live backings.. with not just an emphasis on drums and beats...but also more options for guitar tracks and other instruments.. so it becomes a tool for solo keyboardists as well..

Just hope you can understand the needs of a keyboardist are different from studio or deejay use..

I pretty much just wanted better (analog modeled) filters. Good screamers like MS-20 style. The filters are weak. And I second the wish for more of the lfo's being polyphonic switchable. And of course MPE built-in. You can do it with multi-layers but the option of using MPE in a single layer would be nice. That's pretty much it for me.

Oh but they should change the way the filters work on the GUI when the signal path is merged. If you change one filter position of one layer, the others should change too, since the sound is effected by any layer filter changing, the knob position should change for all of them. It makes no sense for the sound to jump if you adjust the filter on another layer because the knob was in a different position and yet it controls the same single filter. This should be addressed before V3 though I would hope.

Support for Multisamples and own Wavetables.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:47 pm 7. Better rhythmic engine as part of STEAM. Contains all drum machines, known and unknown, that can all be patched internally and externally and further rewired using JUCE.

8. A DAW. Any part can be routed to the internal DAW and then re-routed out to any 3rd party DAW of your choice via hardware breakpoints.

9. A host for any other VST, AU or AAX plugin, on a sample-by-sample basis. Each sandboxed to its own process and fed in real time through deep modelling to any linux kernel. Twice.

10. Add 12 new engines for multitimbral adaptive cores, phase linked to AI-compilers with maximum polyphony. Use the machine learning to connect to other instances of Omni via VPN or peer-to-peer encryption. Harvest, then rest, complete.

11. Real FM. Or any digital radio station.

12. Increase resolution of audio engine to 2048 bits, along with the expected reduction in CPU use. And another DAW, this one granular.
I think this might be my favourite forum post I've ever done.

The only thing I have to add to any other stuff is that Spectrasonics don't need to worry about providing a 3rd party batch tagging editor anymore (not, I think, that they ever were). That is in hand :)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

iOS version...along with Trillian and RMX.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Basic NKS support would be nice. Although I understand the various reasons why vendors choose not to support it.

Omni as Effect would be nice

Infinite Modulator, Layers, Oscillators and effects (Like Falcon) only limited by Hardware of the computer
Physical Modeling like someone said before .On a level like modelonia or sculpture
Wavetabel stuff like Waldorfs Nave (I love the possibility to turn the wavetabel in 3 d (more 2.5d^^))
Text to Speech/Sing synthesis like Vocaloid stuff
More effects ; Ampmodeling like TH-U

Multi-touch optimized menu for touchscreen users

And maybe a totally new form of Synthesis.

My Omni wish list is simple, how about an update to Stylus RMX first?
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

I want a great granular engine/possibilities :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”