SynthMaster One v1.4.4 update: Now compatible with Apple M1 + SIMD performance Improvements

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

jethrobull wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:02 am
kv331 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:01 am
jethrobull wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:07 am Only showing 2 of the Brian Transeau patches. "The big 80's Polywave" & 80's "80's Pluck". I also get the error: "Missing wavetable for OSC2: Waveform : User\Bend Dramatik.
I am running VST2 x64 on Win 7 x64. Reaper (Latest) .
I can not reproduce either of the issues on Windows or MacOSX. I'd recommend deleting the config file ay my documents/synthmasterone/config
Okay. Thanks, will try that.
That didn't work unfortunately. So, uninstalled and deleted the info in my documents, reinstalled and still the same error :?
I had that issue, but those two patches disappeared in the two releases. (1.3.2 and 1.3.3)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:45 pm Think I found two more issues alas.
During the last Release from yesterday, whilst changing skin, SMone crashed on mac.
every time I try to start an instance in cubase now it is offering to send a crash log even though I said yes the last 15 times it has asked me :)

Also the search field.
Go to browser, type in some search value you want to look for (I typed jump) it will show you all patches that fit the criteria with jump in the name. Switch the skin.
Jump is no longer shown in the search field, but you can no longer see any patch that doesn't have jump in the name, even if you go to the search field and hit delete or change some of the column search criteria.
rsp
Bulent, how do I get it to stop asking me to send the crash log? (on mac)
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Something I would like to have is a better indication of what waveform/wavetable is in use.

Right now, we have the path indicated in the upper bar. But I think that having the path in bold when we click in the waveform square would be a great help. What I mean is that the significant folder would be in bold, and when ther is a sub-folder, after we travel to that folder, the sub-folder would be in bold too (this all the way to the final file).

Also, I don't see the waveform changes (when I have a wavetable index modulated) displayed. Am I missing something?
Last edited by fmr on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:30 am Something I would like to have is a better indication of what waveform/wavetable is in use.

Right now, we have the path indicated in the upper bar. But I think that having the path in bold when we click in the waveform square would be a great help. What I mean is that the significant folder would be in bold, and when ther is a sub-folder, after we travel to that folder, the sub-folder would be in bold too (this all the way to the final file).
+1,
I noted that last night when I was looking at the sources for Luke's Jump patch.
rsp
sound sculptist

I was wondering about wavetable name then noticed it shows in the status area (near patch name) when you mouse over the waveform. Good enough.

Didn't know that the envelope behaviour was a feature, will take another look.

zvenx wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:22 am
zvenx wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:45 pm Think I found two more issues alas.
During the last Release from yesterday, whilst changing skin, SMone crashed on mac.
every time I try to start an instance in cubase now it is offering to send a crash log even though I said yes the last 15 times it has asked me :)

Also the search field.
Go to browser, type in some search value you want to look for (I typed jump) it will show you all patches that fit the criteria with jump in the name. Switch the skin.
Jump is no longer shown in the search field, but you can no longer see any patch that doesn't have jump in the name, even if you go to the search field and hit delete or change some of the column search criteria.
rsp
Bulent, how do I get it to stop asking me to send the crash log? (on mac)
thanks
rsp
And if by magic, it stopped asking me to send the crash log.
Was it a change at your end Bulent or does it only ask you during the same calendar day?
rsp
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:48 am
Gosh wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:23 am the BT patches: is this brian transeau or bigtone (aka nico herz)?
if it were BigTone the author would be BigTone :D

https://youtu.be/MSJbCXG4NVw
Thanks for the clarification, Bülent :oops:

zvenx wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:55 am And if by magic, it stopped asking me to send the crash log.
Was it a change at your end Bulent or does it only ask you during the same calendar day?
rsp
yes same day. and if you send it, it shouldn't ask any more. will double check.
I'll try to change the behavior so if you say no it wont ask again :)

But believe me those crash logs have been extremely useful to me! I only send the call stack of the thread that crashed.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

The new 1.3.3 update has fixed the crash upon selecting the Prototype skin for me.

kv331 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:40 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:55 am And if by magic, it stopped asking me to send the crash log.
rsp
yes same day. and if you send it, it shouldn't ask any more. will double check.
I'll try to change the behavior so if you say no it wont ask again :)

But believe me those crash logs have been extremely useful to me! I only send the call stack of the thread that crashed.
Hi, I don't mind it sending it,
it is that if I say yes, it shouldn't ask for the rest of day to send it again:)
rsp
sound sculptist

Ive just sent an email to kv331 regarding the 1.3 update of synthmaster one.
Currently working on a track and was using an excellent FX preset called Starfall.
Just fired up Cubase and the track only to hear the once awesome sounding fx, sound like a wet fart.
I have nt modified the preset, just added side chain to certain instances within the track.
Its a vital part of the track.
I dont have a previous version of Synthmaster One. Cant find it. Wished I kept it now.
Hopefully Ill get a reply.
I really need a previous version of Synthmaster One.

Why is the download so big? Almost a quarter of a GB is quite a lot, especially since you are releasing one beta version after another. I guess I will wait a week or two until you are finished fixing bugs.

e-crooner wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:32 pm Why is the download so big? Almost a quarter of a GB is quite a lot, especially since you are releasing one beta version after another. I guess I will wait a week or two until you are finished fixing bugs.
The waveforms and wavetables take a considerable space + the skins.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Can we have legacy downloads to Synthmaster One please in the download page?

zvenx wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:20 am
jethrobull wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:02 am
kv331 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:01 am
jethrobull wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:07 am Only showing 2 of the Brian Transeau patches. "The big 80's Polywave" & 80's "80's Pluck". I also get the error: "Missing wavetable for OSC2: Waveform : User\Bend Dramatik.
I am running VST2 x64 on Win 7 x64. Reaper (Latest) .
I can not reproduce either of the issues on Windows or MacOSX. I'd recommend deleting the config file ay my documents/synthmasterone/config
Okay. Thanks, will try that.
That didn't work unfortunately. So, uninstalled and deleted the info in my documents, reinstalled and still the same error :?
I had that issue, but those two patches disappeared in the two releases. (1.3.2 and 1.3.3)
rsp
I still have the same issue, even after clean reinstall

Return to “Instruments”