Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Insanelysane wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:05 pm Audio Plugin Deals have released their own debut product - and true to their form they advertise it as a bargain not to be missed, except I think they have really overblown the ludicrous game by the margin they have slashed. Laughable to me and certainly dont need more loops, but is anyone actually buying this when there's so much else to fish for?

"Originally $499.99, COHESION is now available at an introductory price of just $99.99 for a limited time only – you save $400! This is an amazing offer you should not miss"
I agree, that is quite a stretch. Especially the "originally 499" claim since there never was an "originally". This is a new library. Their marketing claims have gotten out of hand recently.

It looks as if this one is comparable to some of the Zero-G Apple Loop "Pack" libraries. Those officially retail for 130$ but I don't think anybody has ever bought them for more than 30$. Certainly nowhere near the advertised $500 value.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Insanelysane wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:05 pm Audio Plugin Deals have released their own debut product - and true to their form they advertise it as a bargain not to be missed, except I think they have really overblown the ludicrous game by the margin they have slashed. Laughable to me and certainly dont need more loops, but is anyone actually buying this when there's so much else to fish for?

"Originally $499.99, COHESION is now available at an introductory price of just $99.99 for a limited time only – you save $400! This is an amazing offer you should not miss"
If they claim the RRP is 499.99 then that's against the law. Are they UK based?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:48 pm

If they claim the RRP is 499.99 then that's against the law. Are they UK based?
Oh? Why is it against the law? Im not sure where they are based.

But yeah it feels like they're out of touch with the market which was a surprise and got a smile out of me

It's against our trading laws. If you say something is on sale in a shop and quote the original price it has to have been on sale for that price for a minimum time at that shop or other branches.

It's misrepresentation if you say it's on sale for X but it's original price is Y and that isn't true. Problem is people view the original price as a guide of worth generally in the physical world.Less so in the digital world where other criteria come into play when assessing value and overall it's easier.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I'm getting tired of their unscrupulous behaviors. Last year they sent text/SMS spam using the phone numbers used to verify previous payments. It's really dissuaded me from sending any more money that way.

Doesn't the guy who owns APD also own SampleLogic? Why is it not a SampleLogic product?

The pricing seems reminiscent of Rigid Audio's pricing as well. I usually ignore the original price $### on a lot of these. And? I don't buy loops. I have thousands of them that I never use. Finally got smart and stopped buying them.

Okay, so I see they have the Melda deals. Are they worth getting? The idea of a double tracker is good, but does it actually work the way it is supposed to? I always hear mixed things about Melda- I have some of their stuff, but really haven't used it.

dzilizzi wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:11 pm Doesn't the guy who owns APD also own SampleLogic? Why is it not a SampleLogic product?

The pricing seems reminiscent of Rigid Audio's pricing as well. I usually ignore the original price $### on a lot of these. And? I don't buy loops. I have thousands of them that I never use. Finally got smart and stopped buying them.

Okay, so I see they have the Melda deals. Are they worth getting? The idea of a double tracker is good, but does it actually work the way it is supposed to? I always hear mixed things about Melda- I have some of their stuff, but really haven't used it.
I think it sums it up that you have some Melda plugs but yet never use them - their interface is a love or hate affair (mostly hate Id say) and all their products share the same system, so, if you arent using their products so far I dont think you'll use the double tracker as much as you imagine because it doesnt grab you so far.

Its telling with them too because some people talk about such depth and high quality in the Melda line yet not many people can get passed the GUI and somewhat convoluted ways of getting a job done, let alone having fun (thats my opinion).

I say this because GUI is important when it comes to flow and I reckon we all agree we have too many plugins already and its hard to choose in an overcrowded folder! Unless the double tracker is so specifically what you need right now, even the discount isnt good enough to 'need' to pick it up now. Melda do 50% off every week so it'll come around plenty..

Insanelysane wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:50 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:11 pm Doesn't the guy who owns APD also own SampleLogic? Why is it not a SampleLogic product?

I think it sums it up that you have some Melda plugs but yet never use them - their interface is a love or hate affair (mostly hate Id say) and all their products share the same system, so, if you arent using their products so far I dont think you'll use the double tracker as much as you imagine because it doesnt grab you so far.

Its telling with them too because some people talk about such depth and high quality in the Melda line yet not many people can get passed the GUI and somewhat convoluted ways of getting a job done, let alone having fun (thats my opinion).

I say this because GUI is important when it comes to flow and I reckon we all agree we have too many plugins already and its hard to choose in an overcrowded folder! Unless the double tracker is so specifically what you need right now, even the discount isnt good enough to 'need' to pick it up now. Melda do 50% off every week so it'll come around plenty..
it has taken me years but finally I am starting to understand the Melda way. The plugins are good, but there is no hurry to buy them given the perpetual deal rotation. try the one you have every so often, check out some videos, and if ever they click then start investing. The processing quality is there, but that is no use if you find them unusable

I see some sample.packs from JRR for Moog One on offer cheap - do I assume correctly please when it lists compatability that's just for using the patches and the samples you could use in anything that can support WAVs ?

fairlyclose wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:11 am it has taken me years but finally I am starting to understand the Melda way. The plugins are good, but there is no hurry to buy them given the perpetual deal rotation. try the one you have every so often, check out some videos, and if ever they click then start investing. The processing quality is there, but that is no use if you find them unusable
There is something strange about Melda plugins. It isn't really the GUI as such, that would oversimplify it. I think it is more the philosophy of the user experience. I sometimes found myself playing around with the parameters and the plugins just weren't doing what I was expecting them to do.

But I have to admit that I recently uninstalled all my Melda plugins after the developer went on a public anti-MacOS rampage. It wasn't really meant as an act of pointless vindictiveness. This is a very skilled developer, his products are very good and I have no problems accepting his opinions about operating systems.

But as I was contemplating what it meant for me as a user that a developer absolutely hates developing for the platform I use, I started to realize that I never actually used them in any of my tracks anyway. I just never got the "Melda way" as you put it.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

For me it’s the GUI but I just read it can easily be customized to your liking. Must look into that.

This one is a no-brainer imo.

Glitchmachines POLYGON Sampler Plugin for $5. Great for sound design.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 12-Polygon

Plus you get Loopcloud Bundle+ Free = 3 loop masters library. Don't for get to add it at check out.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ud-Bundle-
What ever!

from the no chat thread:
15cr34m wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:51 pm In the Rewards+ area at the Pluginboutique there is appeared -50% off discount (costs 1 token) on Propellerhead Europa synth. This means that you can grab it for $75 - it's the cheapest price I ever seen! So I recommend to grab it while it's still there :hyper:
Reason Studios Reason 11 Intro $72.90. You get a lot for the money here including the RACK.
https://m.thomannmusic.com/reason_studi ... wnload.htm

as per db3 Intro includes "Europa, Thor, Monotone, Subtractor, Kong, Rytmik, NN-XT, Redrum and more"
Wow!!!

Perhaps there is something I am overlooking?
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

Thanks guys! Yeah, probably not worth it if I never use their products. It isn't that I don't like them so much as that I have too many plugins that end up getting used first. They get lost in the shuffle. I may have to give them a try just to see if I like them or not.

Is the reason 11 intro a pricing error?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”