Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dzilizzi wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:07 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:25 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:32 pm
Insanelysane wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:57 am Im hoping to retire from the buying hobby after black friday and xmas sales but there's a voice in me that just bursts into sad laughs when I try to say it with conviction :clown:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:cry:
This. I bought my first expensive VST suite with money I'd saved from giving up smoking last year.
Now the daily trawl of KVR/subreddits for 'bargains' has replaced one addiction with another.
At least I can be fairly sure soft synths aren't going to kill me.

Although the "HURRY! BUY NOW! AN ARTIFICIAL SALES DEADLINE WE OURSELVES PUT IN PLACE IS APPROACHING FAST!" deals notices aren't good for my blood pressure.
Depending on where you live, you have a lot of money for instruments and effects. It's like $10 a pack in NY. :)
I was on 2 packs a day in the UK at £10 a pack. Nearly half my disposable income. And I was a smoker for 35 years. Basically smoked the cost of a small house.

I would ask publishers to lighten up on the appeals to addictive personalities, but I guess they're more likely to double down on it.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:59 am
Insanelysane wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:57 am Im hoping to retire from the buying hobby after black friday and xmas sales but there's a voice in me that just bursts into sad laughs when I try to say it with conviction :clown:
This. I bought my first expensive VST suite with money I'd saved from giving up smoking last year.
Now the daily trawl of KVR/subreddits for 'bargains' has replaced one addiction with another.

Although the "HURRY! BUY NOW! AN ARTIFICIAL SALES DEADLINE WE OURSELVES PUT IN PLACE IS APPROACHING FAST!" deals notices aren't good for my blood pressure.
Depending on where you live, you have a lot of money for instruments and effects. It's like $10 a pack in NY. :)
I was on 2 packs a day in the UK at £10 a pack. Nearly half my disposable income. And I was a smoker for 35 years. Basically smoked the cost of a small house.

I would ask publishers to lighten up on the appeals to addictive personalities, but I guess they're more likely to double down on it.
I will send your profile to some developers, so they can start releasing weekly stuff you won’t resist to buy :D

ThEQorange from MAAT, the best EQ ever finally on sale with 70% off.
Don't miss this bargain.
https://www.maat.digital/steinberg2019

Calenberger wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:25 pm ThEQorange from MAAT, the best EQ ever finally on sale with 70% off.
Don't miss this bargain.
Still the biggest lol in the plugin universe. 8) :lol:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:34 pm
Calenberger wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:25 pm ThEQorange from MAAT, the best EQ ever finally on sale with 70% off.
Don't miss this bargain.
Either Calenberger forgot the :lol: or is simply unaware.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:30 pm
Don't miss this bargain.
Slightly incorrect:
I forgot
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dzilizzi wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:07 am Depending on where you live, you have a lot of money for instruments and effects. It's like $10 a pack in NY. :)
When we talk about the "Australia Tax" (excessive taxation for the right to exist in Australia), there is no greater example than cigarettes. We are now, as a nation, charged anywhere from $40 to $50 a packet, virtually all tax. I long since gave up, and I have no idea how anybody can still afford to do it.

Calenberger wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:47 pm
mladi wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:30 pm
Don't miss this bargain.
Slightly incorrect:
I forgot
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just you wait, I'm buying 10 and then reselling them in the marketplace after the sale is over. :evil: :borg: :party:
A well-behaved signature.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:59 am

I don't smoke, but my addiction tends to be shopping. It can get expensive. I "buy" a lot of free e-books at Amazon if the craving gets bad. I don't actually have to spend money thank goodness. Free instruments and effects work too. But it can be hard to resist a good deal. Fortunately, I can afford what I do spend now. I did get in trouble when I was younger and it took a long time to pay it all off. It definitely taught me a lesson though.

Don't miss this bargain.
You know, if this were $50, I might actually buy it for the pretty colors. But almost $300 at 60% off for an EQ? And I'm guessing it wouldn't work with my Reason dongle?

But truthfully, I would go off on them just for using a non-normal dongle. Because the 4 I have already aren't enough????

jacqueslacouth wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:58 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:07 am Depending on where you live, you have a lot of money for instruments and effects. It's like $10 a pack in NY. :)
When we talk about the "Australia Tax" (excessive taxation for the right to exist in Australia), there is no greater example than cigarettes. We are now, as a nation, charged anywhere from $40 to $50 a packet, virtually all tax. I long since gave up, and I have no idea how anybody can still afford to do it.
Australia's anti-smoking program has been incredibly effective - raising the price has been the most effective way to reduce smoking without actually banning it.

Also Australia is not a particularly high taxing country, prices are inflated through a system of what are effectively monopolies - exclusive regional based distribution deals that reduce competition - and extremely high rents (this one in particular).

abhor wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:26 am For some reason the "crazy80" coupon for nembrini products works on more than one order per account. Can buy all their products individually for 80% off. That's crazy kids. I think it's done tomorrow so go at it!
Thanks! I was able to get a few things I was looking at getting at the intro price. At 80% off, the prices are actually better.

Keep in mind that most of the Nembrini deals finish at midnight in Italy (GMT+2), so if this promo code is only good until today, there's a good chance it will be done at midnight local Italian time.

Seem to have missed it. :roll:
Code initially worked.
Did a bit of googling, now it wont accept...

Hey ho. $27 saved :tu:

SolarAxix wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:40 pm
abhor wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:26 am For some reason the "crazy80" coupon for nembrini products works on more than one order per account. Can buy all their products individually for 80% off. That's crazy kids. I think it's done tomorrow so go at it!
Thanks! I was able to get a few things I was looking at getting at the intro price. At 80% off, the prices are actually better.

Keep in mind that most of the Nembrini deals finish at midnight in Italy (GMT+2), so if this promo code is only good until today, there's a good chance it will be done at midnight local Italian time.

It's slightly over 3pm here on the west coast and the code is no longer valid. Oh well...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:44 pm

It's slightly over 3pm here on the west coast and the code is no longer valid. Oh well...
It would have been finished by 3 PM Pacific (Midnight Central European Summer Time / GMT+2). I've had this problem with Nembrini a few times in the past on their intro deals (hence why I sent the note earlier today).

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”